I hate AOL

Oh, that's right...I have high speed too.

Oh, I LOVE AOL!!!!!!!! I never have had problems with AOL. The prices are fine. AOL is the BEST of all.

Be honest, have you tried any other ISP?

How came you say that AOL is best of all? Nah!

You should think twice as why many computer experts I knew who don't use AOL. They and I knew that it sucks.

Be honest, have you tried any other ISP?

How came you say that AOL is best of all? Nah!

You should think twice as why many computer experts I knew who don't use AOL. They and I knew that it sucks.

I have comcast but I still prefer AOL. My husband is an expert in computers. He still likes AOL. Everybody has their opinions. We have firewalls. AOL has parental controls which is excellent because I have children.

It's okay for some people who don't like AOL or Yahoo or ..... It's their opinions and preferances.

A O Hell - I hate it. Their software is bloatware and slows down the computer. It's a rip off to buy their high speed solution when you have to pay for an ISP anyway... Why give them additional money... Just use internet explorer, netscape, mozilla or some other browser with ur high speed connection instead of paying them additional money. Parental controls are built in to most browsers now and you can further filter traffic at your firewall. I see no "value add" to using AOL.

A O Hell - I hate it. Their software is bloatware and slows down the computer. It's a rip off to buy their high speed solution when you have to pay for an ISP anyway... Why give them additional money... Just use internet explorer, netscape, mozilla or some other browser with ur high speed connection instead of paying them additional money. Parental controls are built in to most browsers now and you can further filter traffic at your firewall. I see no "value add" to using AOL.

I strongly agree.... i never like aol at the all but i use Aim to commucation cuz most of my friend have it so what else to commucation? i wish it can be like DIM *deaf instant messager* lol

I thought AOL was free now (for high speed users). Why is everyone complaining about price? Are you all still on dial up?

I remember my father introduced me to AOHell. That was back in 1993. I did not start using computer until 1997.

AOL can be beneficial to some people who are unable to pay for fastspeed server. That is the only positive thing about them.

The negative is that they put loaded of junks for whenever you download from their website. I hated that.

Switched from AT&T Dial Up to America Online

I have switched from AT&T Business Dial Up (50 user accounts) to America Online for our sales reps. Granted America Online is not the best there is out there but for the price we are paying $9.95/mo per user for unlimited use is far cheaper than AT&T's Business Dial-Up for a little over $1,000/mo for 50 users with only 150 hours of online time. The switch will save us over $10,000 a year.

With everything else, a properly configured system and installing AOL is not a big issue for many of our mobile professionals who sometimes need to dial into the internet where wifi isn't available.

There were a number of software add-ons that I had to manually uninstall since I did not want any of my users to fiddle around with the settings on the winxp laptops.

-Christopher

One of several good examples that AOL sucks here!

Here is the email excerpt from the DeafWeekly regarding to his subscriptions whom uses AOL.... here it's:
--------------------------------------------------------------

Sending out emails can be a challenge for legitimate emailers like Deafweekly. Sometimes we get caught up in the same nets that are designed to catch spam.

For me, it's like dropping a stamped envelope in the mailbox. After that, it's out of my hands and I have to trust the system to do its job. The post office does a great job of getting snail mail to its destination, but the Internet still has a long way to go in dealing with the spam problem.

I did not get today's issue at my AOL addresses and upon checking the recipient list, I saw that no one from AOL had opened today's issue. Apparently AOL has decided that this week's Deafweekly is spam and will not let its members receive it.

I am working with the company that handles our mailing to resolve this issue ... which we both thought had been resolved just two weeks ago.

I don't know if this message will get through to our AOL readers, but please keep in mind that occasional delivery problems will happen and it is always an option to read the current and back issues on our website -- Welcome to Deafweekly. They look better there than in the emails, anyway :)

Thank you for your continuing support,

Tom Willard
Editor, Deafweekly
-----------------------------------------------------------

Even AOL users do sometime lose their emails sent from their subscriptions other than DeafWeekly's. AOL's powerful spam filter is rather too much that it accidently blocked even some of them were legimate.

There are many online businesses and organizations prohbits AOL users to use their AOL email address(es) to subscribe or participate or apply for due to the AOL spam filters that create such problems like the DeafWeekly editor experiences. Safelists and such prohbits them, too.

You should notice that there are 2 links, one for common email users with standard links for the weblink while it is inserted with another link specified for the AOL users in order to reach the weblink. It's rather a hassle for the senders and linkers.

Also that AOL browser has way too much features on it that many don't bother to use half of them... such a waste. That adds up why we, AOL haters, don't like AOL.

I do only use their AIM service, however. :mrgreen:

AOL sux hard!!

Used to be member of AOL between 1996 to 2001.. I had Packard Bell 166mhz system with 16mb memory and had 36.6kbps modem with Win 95, I witnessed AOL "broadband like" speed while surfing the net when I first joined 1996 about 3 months before it became so popular and modem network speed slowed to crawl. Upgraded AOL several times till 7.0 and it screwed my Lucent modem. Had to buy Rockwell modem to keep it from kicking me out of connection. Also upgraded memory to improve performance along with AOL upgrades too. I ditched AOL for Road Runner in 2001 and fell love with it.

I agree with those who complained that AOL giving anyone hard time trying to stop the AOL subscription. I had to fight over phone till they gave up on me.

AOL are Evil!! They are performance hog and takes control ur pc by putting craps whatever it deem desireable.

Hey it's your PC and You paid for it. AOL should back off and stop messing with your pc. AOL should leave everyone's pc alone and the way it was. YOur pc is your personal stuff and should be left like the way you bought it. AOL should have slim out their software to allow pc to run smooth and fast and let you have setting to choose not to have craps on ur drive.

Sorry AOL lovers, that's the fact of life
Good Luck
Catty

Back