I got my new aids!

JennyB

Reaction score
Hey all,

Well I finally got my aids today! It has been a month since I last had aids and I am over joyed to have them again! I have Naida V UltraPowers and so far they are pretty good!

I can hear people speaking but it isn't speech. Basically I am hearing sounds but they don't make sense and/or words. I understand that that might take time, up to three months or so I have been told. That being said, when I listen to a song or something that I know I can pick out words here and there.

I was at a group meeting tonight and there were about 20 people there. I was able to tell which direction the sounds were coming from and therefore easily identify the speaker and read them. That being said, the since I am only getting sounds it is very difficult to speech read. I find myself focusing a lot more on it, and asking people to repeat themselves more often. Hopefully this will improve with time.

I also seem to be having some feedback problems. Though I can't hear it, those around me can. I have been asked a few times now why my head is squeeling.

Nothing sounds the same as it did with my old aids. I don't know how much of this is the Naidas, and how much is my current hearing thresholds. I will talk to my audi about that next time I see her.

Over all I am fairly happy with the aids! If anything I am getting environmental sounds which was all I really wanted. They are keepers for sure!

-Jenny

Congrats on the new aids. Good HA that work with you are hard to fine. I hope you and your audi can get the issues all worked out and for you to start hearing voices.

Congrats! New aids are always fun! :D

The sqealing could be for two reasons: 1., the earmolds don't fit right/isn't deep enough (do you have a hole in the middle? Not the part that goes into the ear canal, the outer ear part...That always makes the worst squealing). The second reason is if you have the sound up too high on your aids. Defintely work with your audiologist on these two issues.

Congrats! New aids are always fun! :D

The sqealing could be for two reasons: 1., the earmolds don't fit right/isn't deep enough (do you have a hole in the middle? Not the part that goes into the ear canal, the outer ear part...That always makes the worst squealing). The second reason is if you have the sound up too high on your aids. Defintely work with your audiologist on these two issues.

The molds are fairly deep, and yes there is a vent. I don't think we can turn down the volume on the aids. I have a profound loss...like PROFOUND. They need to be LOUD!

Maybe plug up the vent? I can't have vents in my earmold, otherwise there's always a feedback.

The left mold wasn't made correctly, I am awaiting a new one now. Hopefully I will have it on Friday.

cdmeggers, do you have your Naida yet?

It is a great aid! I have had a lot of success with it so far! My speech has improved 110% since I started using them. I really hope they work as well for you as they do for me! Let me know how it works for you! I am very curiouse!

Glad that they are working well for u!

Jenny B
I have the naidas also. My Audiologist had them make me what they call "Patriot" ear molds. They are long into the ear canal and tight. there are no vents. I have no feed back issues whatsoever!!!!! If you would like I can take a picture of my earmolds and send it to you so you can see.....
I LOVE MY NAIDAS!!!!!!!!!

I'll be getting mine on Friday. We are still in North Carolina right, but will be home by Thursday. Then Friday at 11, I get the Naida. I'm pretty anxious to get it. Out here in NC, I've had a LOT of difficulties hearing and understanding speech. I'm not sure if the humidity in the air is affecting my hearing aid or what, but yeah. Also, I'm sure for a couple of days part of my not being able to hear was due to shock as well (my sister had her baby boy, but he didn't make it).

Oh no! I my thoughts are prayers are with your family, cdmeggers.

I was really anxiouse to get my Naidas too! I only have one right now, waiting for a new left earmould...I can't wait to get my left one back, hopefully Friday! I have a temporary earmould for it, the kind the audi's use to let you try hearing aids. It is ridiculously uncomfortable, and causes feedback more often than not so I only have one ear for now!

Hey all,

Well I finally got my aids today! It has been a month since I last had aids and I am over joyed to have them again! I have Naida V UltraPowers and so far they are pretty good!

I can hear people speaking but it isn't speech. Basically I am hearing sounds but they don't make sense and/or words. I understand that that might take time, up to three months or so I have been told. That being said, when I listen to a song or something that I know I can pick out words here and there.

I was at a group meeting tonight and there were about 20 people there. I was able to tell which direction the sounds were coming from and therefore easily identify the speaker and read them. That being said, the since I am only getting sounds it is very difficult to speech read. I find myself focusing a lot more on it, and asking people to repeat themselves more often. Hopefully this will improve with time.

I also seem to be having some feedback problems. Though I can't hear it, those around me can. I have been asked a few times now why my head is squeeling.

Nothing sounds the same as it did with my old aids. I don't know how much of this is the Naidas, and how much is my current hearing thresholds. I will talk to my audi about that next time I see her.

Over all I am fairly happy with the aids! If anything I am getting environmental sounds which was all I really wanted. They are keepers for sure!

-Jenny

Good for you. Just don't lose them.

congrat! I, too, have a profound hearing damage. You know - one day.... there'll be internal HA for profound-people like this one - Lyric Hearing

lo and behold, no hearing aid today, drats! They sent us a bad one, so they're sending out a replacement, and hopefully I'll have it on Monday. sigh.

at least the audies are catching these problems before sending the customer home with a broken aid.

Very true, what was the problem with your aid? Mine wouldn't connect to the computer.

everything just sounded too quiet, the volume wasn't increasing at all, no matter what my audie did on the computer. and when the audie listened, all he heard was a humming sound.

Back