I find this offensive

zethrine44

Reaction score
This picture popped up on my pinterest this morning and I find it a little offensive yet funny at the same time. I am not HOH or Deaf but I am learning sign. Do I find this offensive because I'm not Deaf or HOH? I'm not sure. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

I want to know what your take is on this "ad". I don't intend on offending anyone I'm asking for responses out of curiosity. :wave: Say whatever just be respectful please.

I don't see the image; perhaps, you can re-do it......

This picture popped up on my pinterest this morning and I find it a little offensive yet funny at the same time. I am not HOH or Deaf but I am learning sign. Do I find this offensive because I'm not Deaf or HOH? I'm not sure. It just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

I want to know what your take is on this "ad". I don't intend on offending anyone I'm asking for responses out of curiosity. :wave: Say whatever just be respectful please.

:lol: No, I don't think it's offensive!

Not anymore than someone trying to look intelligent in fake glasses.

I think its pretty funny. Canada actually tried to do an destigmatizing ad campaign on Earwear as a fashion just like Rx eyewear.. I though it was pretty creative. I see the whole HA stigma really dying out soon. Many hearing are developing hearing loss early due to 24/7 music in their ears. many military service personnel are also needing HA now due to Iraq/ Afghanistan etc...

Love it....sarcasm at its finest.

Offensive? Naah, if the cartoon was making fun of deaf people's behavior, then it would be offensive.

thanks for the link authentic, i guess i haven't quite got the hang of pics yet

anyway, glad to know it's not offensive to you guys thanks for the input :ty:

The picture does not remotely bother me

however, if some hipster thinks that its cool to be deaf..I'll trade for their hearing ;)

I like it. This hearing student in my algebra class at a Jr high school was complaining to our teacher that I wore "radios". Teacher barked back at him saying,"no, they're not radios! If you keep it up, I will give you another detention!" Seriously.

I like it. This hearing student in my algebra class at a Jr high school was complaining to our teacher that I wore "radios". Teacher barked back at him saying,"no, they're not radios! If you keep it up, I will give you another detention!" Seriously.

Radios? LoL.

Ahh...so that's how you get straight A's.

I do not find it offensive. It is quite obviously farcical. If anything, it pokes fun at "hipsters," not people who use hearing aids.

I think that drawing was done to make fun of those who wear glasses (without need for them) as part of a fashion statement.

Radios? LoL.

Ahh...so that's how you get straight A's.

this student was looking for an excuse, because he complained the tests were too difficult. Actually, I had to study harder. I didn't want to ask teacher for help, because I literally could not stand his strong odor. He smelled like vinegar. Incredibly strong. My interpreter had to hold his breath for a few minutes and kept blinking his eyes like crazy every time he came closer. :aw:

this student was looking for an excuse, because he complained the tests were too difficult. Actually, I had to study harder....

I think Kokonut was joking about your fellow student's ignorance. He didn't mean he thought you were really wearing radios.

Regarding the teacher's smell- wonder if he ate a lot of pickles or some other fermented product.

Back