I Finally Got a New Macbook Pro!

Phi4Sius

Reaction score
Well I did it! Finally went to Best Buy, pulled the trigger and bought myself a new Macbook Pro 13.3".

Outstanding machine. And a very nice portable addition to my 27" iMac. :D

Yes it is a amazing computer ,I had it for 2 years and my mac is still going strong& fast loading .

Apple is a little too restrictive with their computers for me

What problems does it have? Curious, since you are the first I know to give it a negative rating.

He might be referring to the long list of ethical issues that raise concern over Apple Inc., the poor people who do the labor, rich who rake in the benefits.
It's not exactly a secret to the tech world over Apple's decisions (not to mention and some other companies like Dell and HP are also guilty of).

He might be referring to the long list of ethical issues that raise concern over Apple Inc., the poor people who do the labor, rich who rake in the benefits.
It's not exactly a secret to the tech world over Apple's decisions (not to mention and some other companies like Dell and HP are also guilty of).

Any company that use third world country labour could be accused of the same ethical issues. It's not just Apple.

Apple is a little too restrictive with their computers for me

PC laptop are restrictive too.

Serious, Most pc laptops are junk and short life and still use outdated as power plug which I don't like that idea and it may break so easy.

I love Apple's design as MagSafe which perfect for animal, heavy travel, etc.

Funny thing, Almost all PC laptop users always bring power supply with them all times for just surf, troubleshooting networking, etc and Macbook's battery life last 7 hours and most PC with Intel i5 or i7's battery life last umm 2-3 hours?

I prefer to bring my Macbook to anywhere without the power supply. I think PC laptop are so 90's.

We own Macbook and Macbook Air for almost 5 years and no problem so far. Few of our family/friends just bought brand new PC laptops then died in 1-2 years.

Any company that use third world country labour could be accused of the same ethical issues. It's not just Apple.

Yeah, of course, as mentioned HP and Dell are also under fire.

Tech enthusiasts who are also equal rights advocates have, within the past few years, been urging people to go to companies who have better decisions like Samsung or Motorola, etc.

I think there is more list than that as Asus, foxconn, Toshiba, etc?

BTW Apple's hardware made from foxconn.

None of the computer makers make computers here in North America. Even if they claim that it is made here, it's only assembled here. The parts are still from China and other countries.

I think there is more list than that as Asus, foxconn, Toshiba, etc?

BTW Apple's hardware made from foxconn.

To be fair, some parts of apple are foxconn, some samsung. The Apple A# SoC's in iPhone and iPad with PowerVR gpu's have been Samsung-Korean labor based, I think.

Not sure about Apple's notebooks and desktops. Personally, I always custom instead of buy them from company.

None of the computer makers make computers here in North America. Even if they claim that it is made here, it's only assembled here. The parts are still from China and other countries.

Hard to tell since there Systemax, ZT systems, Lotus, which they made in USA.

I believe Intel made in USA. Intel cost around $400-$900 depend on speed and number of cores. AMD made in China and they cost around $60-$300.

To be fair, some parts of apple are foxconn, some samsung. The Apple A# SoC's in iPhone and iPad with PowerVR gpu's have been Samsung-Korean labor based, I think.

Not sure about Apple's notebooks and desktops. Personally, I always custom instead of buy them from company.

Nice, I built a first PC when I was 14 years old and I still built a computer for many years. No way to built a laptop. So I picked Apple because Apple is better design ever I see. So I picked Apple Macbook.

I thought you own a PC laptop. My bad.

You poor people you own macs :(

He could just be saying that if you own a Mac then you must poor as a result of them being very expensive! ;)

I really wanted to buy a MacBook last year, but I was able to get a laptop of similar spec for less than half the price. When I get rich I'll treat myself...

Hard to tell since there Systemax, ZT systems, Lotus, which they made in USA.

I believe Intel made in USA. Intel cost around $400-$900 depend on speed and number of cores. AMD made in China and they cost around $60-$300.

Lotus? They assemble the computers in the USA, but the parts are made somewhere else. In fact, their computers are partially assembled in different countries then go to the USA for the final assembly.

I'm pretty sure both ZT Systems and Systemax get computer parts from other countries then assemble the computers in the USA. They may not admit it, but it's more than likely that they do.

Back