I filed for ssi and disablity and i got denied

msbrooks, if you aren't quality for SSI then apply for welfare.

Welfare is only for hearing people and even HoH people that had passed on hearing test.

Uh, it's not only for hearing people. It's for people who are hearing or deaf and have children and are not working.

SSDI - I think that - in a general - if her husband is a handicapped and his wife is deaf. Then, they are eligible to get a SSDI. If he/she is single and less salary, then he/she can receive a SSI. Now, you said working for 10 years. That's something new to me.

Wow you heard wrong.... I was a divorce mother with no support from ex husband... I worked two jobs in order to support my kids.... then my health went down.... doctor told me to apply for SSDI.. so i did... i found out that one must work for more than 10 yrs no matter how many jobs a person had iun the past.... so I was eligibile for SSDI.. because i worked for more than 10 yrs... Social Security had taken some money from my weekly checks....you need to talk to Social Security Administration.. you will see i am right... i earned it... SSDI is from money that had been taken every week in the past.. i get money.... not government...

Looks like msbrooks is looking for pity from us ... he thrives on it..... he kept telling us he is depressed and would commit sucidie.... he wants our attentions.. thats all

Wow you heard wrong.... I was a divorce mother with no support from ex husband... I worked two jobs in order to support my kids.... then my health went down.... doctor told me to apply for SSDI.. so i did... i found out that one must work for more than 10 yrs no matter how many jobs a person had iun the past.... so I was eligibile for SSDI.. because i worked for more than 10 yrs... Social Security had taken some money from my weekly checks....you need to talk to Social Security Administration.. you will see i am right... i earned it... SSDI is from money that had been taken every week in the past.. i get money.... not government...

Did you get the money from your divorced husband's pension?

Looks like msbrooks is looking for pity from us ... he thrives on it..... he kept telling us he is depressed and would commit sucidie.... he wants our attentions.. thats all

I don't think so he wanted our attention. There is nothing wrong with vent it out about it.

I am with u here on this one. I collected SSA for many years instead of collecting SSDI because I do not work enough.

excuse me, some deaf people have hard time to find a good job. Please don't blame them. I had very hard time to find a job that I was professional banker. Many job turned me down. I need money to support our living. I cannot force many job to hire me. I cannot beg them to hire me. My living was very rough and I was not lazy. I was pregnact and had no money. I had no choice to get SSDI. Please don't judge them before you ask them why they are on SSI or SSDI.

I don't blame you for that! Oklahoma 80 percents no jobs. 40 percents jobs. I been seen deaf people cant afford trip the gas too much for search jobs. They suffered depend and security of lost jobs.

Excuse me how dare you give me advice and then talk about me behind my back and second i am not a MAN!! for your info and i dont need nobody dayum pity u need to be in my shoes and u'll see what i am talking about who the hell ru to judge??

IF you are really deaf or hoh u would understand what it likes for people to do bad things toward you! it not easy putting up with. the only reason why i am still at this job cuz it pays my bill and i am tired of running!

Last thing it aint easy for one to be BLACK, A woman at that and I am hard of hearing!! okkkkkkkkkkk!! i am not trying to make this a race thing but i have 3 strikes on me it not easy that all u need to know.

so what...youre Black... I AM GREEN... You are using RACISM as an excuse..... i have friends who is black or mexican... so what.....stop whining... DO SOMETHING....

I am doing something about it hence you just dont know what it is!! so back off!!

man i wonder if they have the ignore future cuz ur now annoying to me!

I am doing something about it hence you just dont know what it is!! so back off!!

man i wonder if they have the ignore future cuz ur now annoying to me!

FYI... i was born HOH..... i went through lots of barriers...... now I am totally deaf... change the line of work...... i found new job more challenging..... i work with domestic violence for deaf in Los Angeles.. now the barriers is breaking... there are another place for it in San Franscico..... i never whine.. I FIGHT... FOR DEAF S RIGHT..... Y0U CAN DO BETTER THAN THIS WHINING... FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT.... DO SOMETHING FOR YOUR FUTURE.... DO NOT USE RACISIM OR DEAFNESS AS AN EXCUSE.....

You all need to walk a mile in the persons shoe you before you critizise. I feel for msbrooks because I am losing my job due to a Bank takeover. They are consolidating our DataCenter to Toronto. When I started this job 10 years ago I had decent hearing, now I'm HOH even with two hearing aids. I am scared, depressed and I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone critisize me for doing what I think is best for me. I have a High Tech job, I have the degree and the experience but don't tell me when you walk in for an interview that they will EOE me because of my HOH law or no law. I have been to 4 interviews in two weeks and it wasn't pretty-down right depressing. If SSDI will allow me to earn a living and keep my sanity-hell, I'm going for it. Competition is downright scary out there and even scarier if your HOH and I say every man or woman for his/herself!!!!!!

You all need to walk a mile in the persons shoe you before you critizise. I feel for msbrooks because I am losing my job due to a Bank takeover. They are consolidating our DataCenter to Toronto. When I started this job 10 years ago I had decent hearing, now I'm HOH even with two hearing aids. I am scared, depressed and I'll be damned if I'm going to let anyone critisize me for doing what I think is best for me. I have a High Tech job, I have the degree and the experience but don't tell me when you walk in for an interview that they will EOE me because of my HOH law or no law. I have been to 4 interviews in two weeks and it wasn't pretty-down right depressing. If SSDI will allow me to earn a living and keep my sanity-hell, I'm going for it. Competition is downright scary out there and even scarier if your HOH and I say every man or woman for his/herself!!!!!!

Cosign i pray that things get better for you i got sixporkie on ignore and it great! i dont have time for people that dont know me to critize me it is hard out here and being hard of hearing is not easy. thanks for understanding i am doing research on starting my own work from home business. i just asked my job to take me off fulltime to part time so i can keep my sanity as well i cant deal with the crazy people there anymore and we all know stress can kill you. I am trying my hardest to get away from the drama folks on my job. Wish you luck on your job search.

Taking us on a ride.

Richard

It's a hard world. I got SSD because I have worked and earned it. That's why I am substituting and voluteering to keep myseslf busy. I am grateful to God that I have a home, wife and children, and some income. I am deaf but also an amputee to where sometime my leg just won't work LOL. I have to sit and rest it and hopefully be able to walk again in a few day.

Finding a job is not an easy task for any deaf or HOH. It's much easier for hearing to acquire a job becaue he or she is able to hear on the phone and communicate orally much better than deaf and HOH. Most companies
consider us (Deaf or HOH) as liabilities instead of assets.

Msbrooks, contact the Department of Human Services in your State. It should be in the phonebook. I am not surprised that you were denied. I was denied at first but got approved because of my amputee. Do i consider myself disabled? Let me put it this way.... mentally, spiritually and emotionally, I am not disabled. BUT Physically I am disabled because I can't walk, nor speak, nor hear... so we can't deny our disabilities. It something I have to accept. I am fortunate to be able to stay home and spend time with my kids and wife. But to keep myself busy, I substitute and volunteer.

Now, one thing that I don't like as "pet peeve" is that anyone who feels sorry for him or herself as self-pity. Sure, i get pick on, beat on, push on, etc... but it sure didn't stop me from getting my degree in Accounting. I am looking foward to boost up my degree to BA in anything LOL. I would like to get a BA in General Studies. I love to learn and keep myself occupied.

TO all the hearing. God has bless you with hearing abilities as well as speaking. Only downfall is that you have to hear all the bickering and gossiping LOL. TO all the deaf, God as aslo bless us too because we don't have to hear all those bad noises. So in that perspective, we are all equal despite the differences between us. We all have human spirits. We can love, forgive and learn or... we can hate others. I choose to love and learn as much as I can from deaf and hearing.

What happened to corporate tax breaks in hiring the handicapped?
I can remember this was an appealing and attractive add-on to main headquarters.

Ada lawyer and deaf services referral agency i dont know where i can find these places at in GA?? that why i am asking if anybody on here from ga know where i can locate these places
and best believe i am writing all these things down what they are doing to me.

Thanks for the luck

Wow. I am sorry that you are going through this. I am also sorry for my former post...excuse my paranoia. The only place I can think of would be the Vocational rehabilitation services off of south cobb drive, contact Valerie Carter, or you can try the Tommy Nobis Centre off of Bells Ferry Road, maybe they can help?

I've been at my place of employment for eight years and I am still in the same position I was when I started at 17 years old. I haven't been trained even though I can do what "they" do, and I also have no friends at my work. I just deal with it. I cannot afford to lose my job, so I just keep my mouth shut and wait for my next paycheck. I keep telling myself that how they treat me will NOT affect me, but it does. Keep your head up girl...I know it's hard to deal with. Paying my bills are more important than losing my job. I guess its just part of being Deaf....well as far as I'm concerned. :shrugs:

Hey, if you have any problems finding Valerie Carter I think I may have the phone number to her office. If I do, can I PM you? I'll have to dig for it, I am in Cobb county, where are you?

Jas

They deny everyone, even people who are blind and walk into the social security office with a cane.

I have a friend who was legally blind and had to sue to get her social security. Thats all you can do, sue.

Back