I Feel Bad For Saying This

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daminx

Reaction score
i am mildly hard of hearing but i feel like i am not hard of hearing enough because i have excepted it and i feel like its not me being ONLY hard of hearing.

Since i have also have audority Processing disorder as well, i feel like i am not supposed to be hearing and that i am trapped with the wrong ears. I just wish i was deaf enough just so i Could put hearing Aids on and i Could Hear again but also Turn them Off and not have to deal with noises when i den,t have to.

Today about 5am, a Group of Rough Young People were Shouting and swearing outside my house. Worst of all, i Could only make out the swear Words that they were screaming and it was a nuicence Since i WAS asleep! I only seem to be hearing insults and swear Words nowadays. Some Sounds Are just Offensive! i have tried ear Plugs but when i tried them they hurt my ears and i Could still Hear People Face to Face.

I,m not sure if anyone Else that Can Hear still experiences this Or if its just controversial Or offensive but this is the way i feel. i,m sorry if it did offend anyone.

I kind of have the same problem, I am hoh and have apd but I can't hear things outside from my room. I also have hearing aids but choice not to hear them day to day, but only when I need them. I wish the rest of my hearing would go now so I am not stuck in the middle anymore.

I am hoh <audiologically 'mild'> and likely have CAPD. While most swearing doesn't happen to bother me, overall regardless of context, sometimes it can be a challenge being so in between. I have always been "outside the mainstream," so to put it <as a bi Jewish person with LD also> so not "fitting in" and doing things "differently" is very familiar to me. I have/have had - d/Deaf and hoh friends locally though and am taking ASL so that's a big plus!

Earplugs could be helpful for you- that was agood idea-

wear an earpluy. Or move out. Or call the cop.
The OP say they tried ear Plugs but it hurt their ear . I agree they should had call the police , the jerks won't know who called them not unless the OP
had said something to them.

At least whatdidyousay has Read my Post thoughly, no offence to the others who Posted. I was writing to complain how what i seem to Hear is Bad Stuff like swearing, insults and Depressing People and also how i feel i have the wrong ears Regarding how much i Can hear (e.g i feel i should be more hard of hearing but not Too much)

About Moving out, i Can,t Even though i,m 18, i still Live with my parents, i have no Job Since i am in college Studying.

My Parents Moved my Family to the Area now knowing how Rough it is Since my Home is by the sea front. it Dosen,t Happen everynight though Or Most Nights for that matter, just about once every 3 months.

I am very HOH and I live in a condo and I think people that live over my condo think it's OK to drop things and stomp around b/c I won't hear it. I can hear it and I can feel the vibe too . My dad called me all kind of swear words so sadly I am use to hearing them but you shouldn't have to hear this especially 5AM , if the kids are in school they'll be getting out in June and hanging around so it would be a good idea to call the police if they do this again. We had some kids living at my condo and
people were complaining about them yelling and swearing outside . The kids had to move out of the condo , the police had to come a few times b/c of the yelling and swearing. I couldn't hear so it didn't bother me.

:) What are you studying? Seems a bit like you're in "victim mode" -"don't like people swearing'; "people didn't read my posts thoroughly".....you can have a different experience if you choose. But you have to make it yours, don't worry about those other people, you can't change them. Sometimes I feel lonely too or frustrated about stuff. Being new somewhere is hard too. There's gonna be lots of stuff out there you don't like and people aren't going to do what you want. The only thing you can do is change your response to it. Hard truth....

:) What are you studying? Seems a bit like you're in "victim mode" -"don't like people swearing'; "people didn't read my posts thoroughly".....you can have a different experience if you choose. But you have to make it yours, don't worry about those other people, you can't change them. Sometimes I feel lonely too or frustrated about stuff. Being new somewhere is hard too. There's gonna be lots of stuff out there you don't like and people aren't going to do what you want. The only thing you can do is change your response to it. Hard truth....
I think the OP has a right be upset about being woken up at 5AM b/c some punks are being too loud . If anyone swear outside at my condo and someone complain about that person may have to pay a fine.

I -do - agree about the overall idea of being woke up by noisy people - you're right, that's not good. But calling the police was a good idea - and it seemed more OP was specifically concerned about the "idea" of "Swearing and insults" as opposed to just that people were making noise. and seemed like kinda "oh poor me" attitude about thing in general.

At least whatdidyousay has Read my Post thoughly, no offence to the others who Posted. I was writing to complain how what i seem to Hear is Bad Stuff like swearing, insults and Depressing People and also how i feel i have the wrong ears Regarding how much i Can hear (e.g i feel i should be more hard of hearing but not Too much)

About Moving out, i Can,t Even though i,m 18, i still Live with my parents, i have no Job Since i am in college Studying.

My Parents Moved my Family to the Area now knowing how Rough it is Since my Home is by the sea front. it Dosen,t Happen everynight though Or Most Nights for that matter, just about once every 3 months.
Sounds in the first paragraph that you actually have BDD which has nothing to do really with being hoh.

Not quite the same but regarding the hearing the swear words more clearly reminds me from college a few deaf people I knew-- any time they swore using their voice it came out much clearer than normal lol.

As for ear plugs... did you try different kinds... I seem to recall there is one that is sort of a soft putty or something that could mold to your ears. You could also speak to an audiologist and see if you could get molds made to mimic ear plugs.

White noise or music playing low might also be an option to mask whatever is going on outside.

I -do - agree about the overall idea of being woke up by noisy people - you're right, that's not good. But calling the police was a good idea - and it seemed more OP was specifically concerned about the "idea" of "Swearing and insults" as opposed to just that people were making noise. and seemed like kinda "oh poor me" attitude about thing in general.
The OP may been brought up not being around people swearing and find it offensive , I have neighbors that feel this way . Everyone is react difference to things .

Dogmom i am not Meaning to be rude but your Comment is Aragent and you Are assuming that i have "Poor me!" Attitude, you Don,t Know me to make that judgement.

I am not hard Done by, i am Clearly Stating that i hate swearing and i have anxiety so i always think they Are swearing and insulting me.

You Try Having anxiety when you think Everyone hates you and is trying to scare you. Those Thugs were Drunk and trying to scare Everyone and it worked as well aus Waking Everyone up and annoying Everyone.

Who Likes swearing anyway!? It Sounds Disgusting! As for People not Reading my Post thouroughly, i am just Stating the fact that Some People don,t read Post thouroughly not just mine in General.

How Can i change my response!?
How about "ooh, Some thugs have Woke everybody up at 5Am, Drunk and Causing disstress to the street, oh, Never mind mind, they Are just phaving fun"? Or "oh Kids don,t Need their sleep, they get away with it because they Are Young"? I Appreciate Young People like to go to Parties, but Can they learn to have fun without so much alcohol?

No offence

Dogmom i am not Meaning to be rude but your Comment is Aragent and you Are assuming that i have "Poor me!" Attitude, you Don,t Know me to make that judgement.

I am not hard Done by, i am Clearly Stating that i hate swearing and i have anxiety so i always think they Are swearing and insulting me.

You Try Having anxiety when you think Everyone hates you and is trying to scare you. Those Thugs were Drunk and trying to scare Everyone and it worked as well aus Waking Everyone up and annoying Everyone.

Who Likes swearing anyway!? It Sounds Disgusting! As for People not Reading my Post thouroughly, i am just Stating the fact that Some People don,t read Post thouroughly not just mine in General.

How Can i change my response!?
How about "ooh, Some thugs have Woke everybody up at 5Am, Drunk and Causing disstress to the street, oh, Never mind mind, they Are just phaving fun"? Or "oh Kids don,t Need their sleep, they get away with it because they Are Young"? I Appreciate Young People like to go to Parties, but Can they learn to have fun without so much alcohol?

No offence
Creepy.....

i am mildly hard of hearing but i feel like i am not hard of hearing enough because i have excepted it and i feel like its not me being ONLY hard of hearing.

Since i have also have audority Processing disorder as well, i feel like i am not supposed to be hearing and that i am trapped with the wrong ears. I just wish i was deaf enough just so i Could put hearing Aids on and i Could Hear again but also Turn them Off and not have to deal with noises when i den,t have to.

Today about 5am, a Group of Rough Young People were Shouting and swearing outside my house. Worst of all, i Could only make out the swear Words that they were screaming and it was a nuicence Since i WAS asleep! I only seem to be hearing insults and swear Words nowadays. Some Sounds Are just Offensive! i have tried ear Plugs but when i tried them they hurt my ears and i Could still Hear People Face to Face.

I,m not sure if anyone Else that Can Hear still experiences this Or if its just controversial Or offensive but this is the way i feel. i,m sorry if it did offend anyone.

From my experience - some young people unfortunately do mostly use but a swear words, so it is possible that's all they yelled.
Like, they could be yelling to each other f.. k you, bl..y m...r f....r! :dunno: - all swear words, except one.
the response would be in a similar tune..

Daminx, It's unclear to me whether you wear any hearing aids, or not??

Fuzzy

btw I have to admit I sometimes like to swear, but I do it only with people I know they do not mind. I do not swear in public,
and do not swear in front of those who might be offended by that.
But if I couldn't do that from time to time I would go fracking bonkers, da..it! :rofl:

Fuzzy

No i don,t have hearing aids, i den,t mind ONE swear Word als Long als its in context and thirdly Bottesini why am i being Creepy, i am just Stating my opinion.

You Know what, its dejavu from School where the immature Kids make Pathetik Arguments on purpose, i have Said my bit and i won, t repeated Myself like a parrot saying his Last words. Anyone who wants to Post a Helpful comment, go ahead.

Helpful comment to you?...Get used to it because it's not going anywhere....and stay in school...your spelling? got a dictionary, Buddy?

I wish I had spellcheck on my new cellphone , I can't spell to save my life !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back