I embarassed myself in my ASL class

An interp told me his old ASL days when one football player was standing up front of the class to give his story in ASL (y'all know this gig!)...
He was talking about how good he is at playing football. He stated that he got many victories against other schools.
He described his victories: "Me, MANY Vaginas on Walls in my bedroom. VAGINAS there, VAGINAS here".... Those who knew what that sign meant broke out in laughter. He thought the sign for "vagina" was "award!" The teacher didn't stop him as the jock signed repeatious "MANY VAGINAS there, shelves of VAGINAS show me win many."

;)
But again, him being a football jock, he could actually have talked about the figurative vaginas that he conquered AFTER he won the games... :smash:

So please explain to this novice ASL student how to differentiate between "pee" and "penis" and "award" and "vagina." I'm completely confused now. And at this point, a little scared to sign anything :Ohno:

cental34 said:
So please explain to this novice ASL student how to differentiate between "pee" and "penis" and "award" and "vagina." I'm completely confused now. And at this point, a little scared to sign anything :Ohno:

have no fear, Captain Andy is here to help out his crew.

ok. so pee, and penis are the same sign, its just how u use it in a sentence. but...like i said if u need to pee, just sign toliet. its safer that way

now

Award is signed with ur thumb and first finger like an L, us both L hands and put them together, its supposed to look like a vagina.

Award are ur Y hands held up next to eachother. here i found this for u. its pretty useful

http://www.kisa.ca/asldict.html

it has video.

AJ said:
Award is signed with ur thumb and first finger like an L , us both L hands and put them together, its supposed to look like a vagina.

Award are ur Y hands held up next to eachother. here i found this for u. its pretty useful

Captian Andy, com'on, make it more easier for your second mate!

Hre it is, cental--
http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/a/w0273.htm (AWARD)
http://commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/v/w4338.htm (VAGINA)

See how easy it is to use a wrong finger to convert a different word, eh??? Scary???? :eek:

One girl in my first ASL class meant to sign "My house is tan" but she signed "My house is girl"....

I also had a classmate sign to me "Your friend is dorm?" instead of "You friend is deaf?" :rofl:

Levonian said:
Meh. Whatever you do, just don’t sign ‘nice to fuck you’ for ‘nice to meet you’.:

:rofl:

Wanna hear a true story? When we first met our stepmother during dinner at my dad's apartment. She learned her first ASL, After eating dinner, there comes dessert right? She signed "Would u like some pussy?" I was like *gasp!*again she repeated herself, I said hold up! That's not the sign for dessert, that's a sign for vagina. :eek:

On a simliar note:

During my barhopping days, I used to get hit on by many drunk obnoxious men. They would say that they want to learn sign language for " Nice to meet you" or " I want your telephone number or email address."

Instead of teaching them that, I would teach them " Nice to f**k you " or " I want your pussy." and also taught them "I am an idiot".

tsk tsk tsk on me, I know but I had to get rid of these pesky men - it worked! :giggle: Me and my girlfriends couldnt stop roaring with laughter so they quickly exited, wondering what went wrong.

Levonian said:
Yeah—I thought so too! :shock: Whenever my wife and I are in a restaurant and I need to excuse myself, I fingerspell B-R-B, and then sign ‘I need (P on the nose)’. Are you guys telling me that all this time I’ve been saying ‘I need penis’? And in public?!? :shock: :Oops:

:rofl: again! Man you are killing me with laughters. I would sign both the [P on my nose and T as toilet (same as you sign restroom)] so that way there is no misunderstanding between penis and pee.

Try doing that next time. :giggle: I hope there wasn't any deaf people in public when you signed that.

my favorite thing to do, is to go to my aunt patty's classroom (as ive said before, she's an ASL teacher in highschool) and teach her students all the curse words when she's not paying attention. lol

AJ said:
my favorite thing to do, is to go to my aunt patty's classroom (as ive said before, she's an ASL teacher in highschool) and teach her students all the curse words when she's not paying attention. lol

I might as well fess up. Some of the first words I learned were the curse words and phrases. :Oops: I hope that doesn't lower anyone's respect of me. I genuinely want to completely learn ASL.

cental34 said:
I might as well fess up. Some of the first words I learned were the curse words and phrases. :Oops: I hope that doesn't lower anyone's respect of me. I genuinely want to completely learn ASL.

dont worry about it. when i was learning si...........................................
.thanks a lot mld, now all i can think of is Pirate Pete the Parrot...i miss that guy.

AJ said:
dont worry about it. when i was learning si...........................................
.thanks a lot mld, now all i can think of is Pirate Pete the Parrot...i miss that guy.

Really?...thanks, buddy...

Ok, now I'm confused...
I know the sign for "meet", but what's the sign for "f---k"?? I'd like to know lol..
I don't know any curse words lol- Id like to so I dont mess it up wit something else. Like how you share about award and vagina, omg- so please help me out here!

AestasCaelum said:
Ok, now I'm confused...
I know the sign for "meet", but what's the sign for "f---k"?? I'd like to know lol..
I don't know any curse words lol- Id like to so I dont mess it up wit something else. Like how you share about award and vagina, omg- so please help me out here!

Maybe we are hesistant about telling you the sign for "f*ck" because somebody can pick it up and use it for wrong purposes. It is fun to cuss in ASL but if that's all you will learn, then you are hurting our language. :) Just my two cents. I am not saying *YOU* are, but I am speaking in general.

PM me if you really really want to know the cussing words and promise to learn the REST of ASL. :)

gnarlydorkette said:
Maybe we are hesistant about telling you the sign for "f*ck" because somebody can pick it up and use it for wrong purposes. It is fun to cuss in ASL but if that's all you will learn, then you are hurting our language. :) Just my two cents. I am not saying *YOU* are, but I am speaking in general.

PM me if you really really want to know the cussing words and promise to learn the REST of ASL. :)

Yes it can be fun to cuss in ASL, but with some of my fellow co workers I found that as a stepping stone to teaching them more words and phrases. They're actually completely devoid to the fact they're learning a little ASL.

Back