I don't understand why.

Lasza

Premium Lurker
Premium Member
Reaction score
I dont mean to sound whine but cannot help it when I notice something differently.

Notice most actors and actresses have to play gay or lesbian in any movies or show. In real life, they are straight.

Very hard to find any lesbian movie that include real lesbian actress.

About "L Word", most of them are straight, only two are lesbians in real life. But one of them play as bisexual character while other play as transgender character.

What wrong with Entrainment Intrudusties such as Hollywood, do they are afraid of hire real people. I mean real people are real lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.

In my opinion, straight people take alot of opportunities than glbt people are.

Last edited:
An actor usually plays a fictional character, of course actor is the meaning of this right word!

Do you know any lesbians, bisexual or gay actor/actress? I don't know any of them, except the late Rod Hudson as it is?

Some actress/actors pretend to be a smoker just for the movies, because the Tobacco will pay them million of money if they light a cig!!

Famous people in music business, like Madonna kiss another lady (I think Britany Spears) at music concert once, and Janet Jackson show us her metal nipple, Eltron Johns is gay singer and so is Boy George, they are more real and natural than actors!!

Calpernia Addams, a transwoman, was in Soldier's Girl and consulted on CSI's 5th season "Ch-ch-changes" episode which dealt with trans issues.

Perhaps they want to use big names to attract viewers.

IMO, brokenback mountain wouldn't garner so much attention if there are relatively unknown two gays play in this movie.

An actor usually plays a fictional character, of course actor is the meaning of this right word!

Do you know any lesbians, bisexual or gay actor/actress? I don't know any of them, except the late Rod Hudson as it is?

Some actress/actors pretend to be a smoker just for the movies, because the Tobacco will pay them million of money if they light a cig!!

Famous people in music business, like Madonna kiss another lady (I think Britany Spears) at music concert once, and Janet Jackson show us her metal nipple, Eltron Johns is gay singer and so is Boy George, they are more real and natural than actors!!

There's actually quite a few gay and lesbian actors/actresses out there, you just might not realize it.

Sir Ian McKellan (you might know him as Gandalf from Lord of the Rings, although he's been in a LOT of other movies), George Takei (Mr. Sulu, from the original Star Trek), Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser, MD; also How I Met Your Mother), Chad Allen (Our House, Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman), Rupert Everett (My Best Friends Wedding, etc.), Nathan Lane (Birdcage, The Producers, several others), David Marshall Grant, etc. And those are the ones that have actually acknowledged their homosexuality publicly. There are quite a few other actors around the world who are pretty much "known" (or RUMORED) to be gay (like Kevin Spacey, for example), but haven't come out yet.

Even in in such a hotbed of liberalism (Hollywood), it apparently isn't so easy to come out of the closet, even these days. But hey, to each their own.

See if I can help...

L words characters has REAL LIFE lesbian who are... Daniela Sea plays MAX and Alexandra Hedison plays DYLAN on L Words.....

Also, Lesbian actress, Michelle Wolff in new tv series Dante's Cove.... she is only REAL LIFE lesbian with straight ladies same as above L words.

Last, Kristanna Loken is REAL LIFE lesbian, too. She used play in Terminator 3... evil terminator try to kill ARNOLD, good terminator! (jk)

There is more lesbians on TV shows somewhere in Showtimes or LOGO.

I still read the Curve magazine and catch up those ladies....

i know!!! it got me wondering too!!! :hmm:

i have never seen "L Word" cuz i don't have showtime which sucks ass!

but... i noticed that they never show "GAY MEN"
making out or anything like that on tv shows/ movies- let alone showing their bodies!!???... but with women, they do!??? is it sexual discrimination/ or oppressing the women or what??? :confused: :squint:

I dont mean to sound whine but cannot help it when I notice something differently.

Notice most actors and actresses have to play gay or lesbian in any movies or show. In real life, they are straight.

Very hard to find any lesbian movie that include real lesbian actress.

About "L Word", most of them are straight, only two are lesbians in real life. But one of them play as bisexual character while other play as transgender character.

What wrong with Entrainment Intrudusties such as Hollywood, do they are afraid of hire real people. I mean real people are real lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender.

i know what you mean.... did you ever watch will & grace? i think those men are gay???

Will and Grace's actor Eric McCormack, who played Will, is straight. But I've read some article from People that he's received a "lot of positive reactions" from the general gay-men community. I remember I read that he said that the gay guys all said "Thanks, man."

Sean Hayes, I think he's gay IRL.

Will and Grace's actor Eric McCormack, who played Will, is straight. But I've read some article from People that he's received a "lot of positive reactions" from the general gay-men community. I remember I read that he said that the gay guys all said "Thanks, man."

Sean Hayes, I think he's gay IRL.
Snazzy, yes he is, and you are accurate about mccormack, good info u brought up...

as for the actors and actresses working in a GBLT, there are PLENTY who are gay/les/bi who just basically do not come out for not just reprecusions, BUT for the fear of reglious and job status even if we are not being discrimnated its all about the image. Sucks isn't it.

Similar idea about the Deaf.

Oh no, you are not whine anything but wondering.

Yes I noticed, too.

Let me share about my country.

My favorite series (like Dallas, Denver etc.) every Sunday... There're lesbians and gays in series - I know 3 of them are gay/lesbian in real life and others not.

The series, I saw every Sunday - 2 ladies kisses each other is straight and happily married with their own families. 2 men kisses - one is gay and one is straight...

I beleive the reason why they show what lesbians/gays really is because everyone should aware what really they are and where they come from instead of negative them... It's good sense to show anyone including children what lesbians and gays really are...

I aware there're lesbians and gays around in Hollywood... Example about Dean James, Rock Hudson, etc...

It's not just lesbians and gays, the straight people play but deafies as well... They (hearing) also play as deafies people as well...

i know!!! it got me wondering too!!! :hmm:

but... i noticed that they never show "GAY MEN"
making out or anything like that on tv shows/ movies- let alone showing their bodies!!???... but with women, they do!??? is it sexual discrimination/ or oppressing the women or what??? :confused: :squint:

What about Queer as Folk?

Yep, Broken Mountains.... One is real life is straight and other guy is real life gay but they had to do acting in the movie doing making love etc.... So they wants good money for making for that.

Not only that, but both Heath Ledger and Jake Gyllenhaal are straight in real life. As much as some of us wish it were otherwise.

Back