I don't understand why people get those icky beige coloured HA

_xShipwreckx_

Reaction score
If I wore them I'd get like purple or something...this is pretty much pointless.

See my bf has the icky beige colour he used to have blue but they weren't very good.
151632761.jpg

151632766.jpg

Not very good pictures you can't really see them but I dunno...I guess I'm just saying people shouldn't try to hide it, they should be proud...

They do have different colored HAs now and some are even transparents where you can see all the little hardwares inside it, pretty cool.

welll beige has been usually a default color (just like pc in the past, they all were biege to begin with ) now we are changing that.. right guys?

Maybe the makers of hearing aids make them that color to try to make them not so visible against their skin because some late deafened people, like old people could be embarrassed about others knowing about their hearing loss because it's a sign of age, which is a sign that they'd soon be six feet under. It's cheaper to make only one color, so maybe they made beige ones only at first because of such people. Maybe the "deaf and dumb" stereotype is involved too. But the beige color doesn't match the color of many people's skin. They also have smaller kinds of hearing aids including those that are hidden in the ear canal. I saw those in an advertisement that put emphasis on them being "invisible."

I used to think they were icky too but I do think they suit some people. A friend of mine has a beige cochlear implant and it actually looks good on her. I'm really glad that we have a colour choice though as they do not suit me at all and I went for other colours as soon as I could.

When choosing my colour for my cochlear implant my daughter wanted me to go for pink :)

R2D2 said:
I used to think they were icky too but I do think they suit some people. A friend of mine has a beige cochlear implant and it actually looks good on her. I'm really glad that we have a colour choice though as they do not suit me at all and I went for other colours as soon as I could.

When choosing my colour for my cochlear implant my daughter wanted me to go for pink :)

Hee Hee, pink!

Wonder if they have hot fuschia? I would want that!

Boult said:
welll beige has been usually a default color (just like pc in the past, they all were biege to begin with ) now we are changing that.. right guys?

Yeah, that is why I have a silver CI and a blue CI. Got sick of that beige color...couldn't stand it anymore after decades of beige HAs.

_xShipwreckx_ said:
If I wore them I'd get like purple or something...this is pretty much pointless.

That's my plan totally. As soon as i need to get new aids i'm going for clear purple. DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!! lol.

Breezy said:
That's my plan totally. As soon as i need to get new aids i'm going for clear purple. DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!! lol.

Help me convince my bf to get purple ones, lol

LuciaDisturbed said:
They do have different colored HAs now and some are even transparents where you can see all the little hardwares inside it, pretty cool.

My bf had blue ones that were transparent, he'd always take them out so I could look at all the stuff inside...so cool

My HA is of beige color and I'm not interested in its color. Perhaps a blue color HA would be nice! Colorful HAs are great for kids, I daresay :)

gross..purple?? uh..kinda weird to be wearing a purple hearing aid..it's like childish to be doing so..n while ur at it, why don't u get a pink earmold? pshh..

angelstar819 said:
gross..purple?? uh..kinda weird to be wearing a purple hearing aid..it's like childish to be doing so..n while ur at it, why don't u get a pink earmold? pshh..

How is it childish?

Beige is boring!

Show off your personality with colors!!!

angelstar819 said:

Well excuse me for having taste

I have the CI, Nucleus 24 3G model. It came with 12 interchangeable colors for both the BTE earpiece and also the coil. La la la! The main one I use is Silver (looks cool and Star-Trekkie), but I can wear every color in the rainbow to suit my mood. When my friend had her wedding, and I was matron of honor, I wore a pink dress and changed my CI to pink to match. It also comes with icky beige and brown if I feel so inclined, but I never have. Why be boring when you are young?

:scatter:

I don't mind the beige color BTE HA but I could go for a blue BTE from when I was in high school but now I am older so I prefer to have a man's hearing aid. Beige does not bother me. I guess I am not that too concerned about the color on my BTE's. ;)

Back