I don't think I've actually introduced myself!

breelligerent

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm breelligerent! I've been lurking and sporadically posting here and there. I'm hearing and hope to one day be an interpreter. My fiance is HoH, but he's also legally blind so he doesn't sign (too hard for him to see).

I don't know why ASL and Deaf culture are a passion of mine. I'm not a fetisher :lol: and I've only known a handful of D/deaf. I think it's because I seem to just get a lot of how ASL works, unlike English.

I'm happy to be able to learn from you all! :wave:

I used to sign tactile ASL with one of my clients who was deaf and blind. It's not that hard to learn.

I used to sign tactile ASL with one of my clients who was deaf and blind. It's not that hard to learn.

I wish he could learn. He has nerve damage in his hands and arms. Some days it's worse than others, so he can't take in touch consistently.

He's happy with his hearing levels. I just have to stand on his left when we talk, as that's the ear he depends on. We use captions and he has a service dog for PTSD/hearing/blindness, and he's content with that. I wish he'd be interested in trying to learn tactile signing, but alas.

If you don't mind me asking ( just tell me to butt out if you do) Is your husband a war veteran? Unfortunately, where I live this kind of symptoms are all to common due to our high military population (Colorado Springs, CO)

Back