I don't hunt who does?

Daniel Brown

Reaction score
I am hearing just wondering if deaf could be good hunters. Hunting is huge in Akansas and I've killed before but it tears me up to watch an animal die at my feet. Only done that once and never again! I only ask cause hearing plays a big part in hunting. Are there any deaf hunters out there?

Wirelessly posted

I wouldn't be surprised if there was one.

I personally like hunting better than chicken farm. Animals in the woods are allow to run and escape. As long as we are hunting at the right season (I don't want another bambi's mom being killed at the wrong time when she should be alive so she can care for her young) and place.

Last edited:
Bambli the movie was pretty accurate. Bambi made it right? Here in Arkansas there's a lot of deer. Hunting season makes it so that ppl can keep roses and plants in their yard. Deer eat that stuff. And the apples and peaches that fall from ur trees too. They're everywhere. Gtta keep the population down or we won't have grass in our yards. That's why there's a season. Give the deer time to give birth and raise their young enough to find nuts, grass and how to listen and look for wolfs and bears then it's hunting season! I believe in it but I don't cause it hurts me so much to see an animal die.

Wirelessly posted

There's a lot of deer near where I live too. A deer ran into my husbands car. On the side of it. Thousand of dollars damage.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted

There's a lot of deer near where I live too. A deer ran into my husbands car. On the side of it. Thousand of dollars damage.
That happens here too! I'd u hit one tell tome u know and they'll go pick it up! Freezer full of meat! Yeah the damage can sometimes total a lesser value car! Most trucks round here have grill guards.

I've not hit a deer yet in my truck, and those grill guards aren't for deer, those are typically cattle farmers that use that truck as a farm vehicle as well.

As for chicken houses, we all know the chickens are raised for meat (broilers) or egg production (laying hens), nothing else. The broilers live to be about 6-10 weeks old depending on the slaughter house specifics (even Tyson varies on bird size), the laying hens last about a year then they are then processed and their meat is used in soups or animal food depending on the grade.

These chickens have no idea of what life is like outside the house, to them the house is normal and these chickens are bred specifically to thrive in the less-than-desirable house environment. They aren't allowed to be injected with steroids but they are often vaccinated while in incubation and while being 'sexed' and their feed is usually high protein with synthetic amino acids blended in for faster growth.

Hunting isn't a bad thing, I have hunted, and I enjoy it as long as you are hunting with the right people. I like the sport but also believe that if you can't use the meat or don't want the meat, don't kill it.

We also don't have wolves or grizzly bears here in AR, we have coyotes, panthers, and black bears. Elk have been reintroduced as they are non-predatorial and can control plant growth of certain plant species. Because our state is so agriculturally based, it is going to be difficult to convince farmers to allow wolves to be reintroduced to the state. They would kill livestock.

Aside from that if you want to get back to hunting I recommend geese. No one likes geese and all the little old church ladies like it when I go goose hunting. Apparently, there is a flock of geese that hangs around a certain part of town and are pooping in people's yards. They think of it as a form of pest control, lol.

I have a good friend who is deaf, and he hunts deer.

I've not hit a deer yet in my truck, and those grill guards aren't for deer, those are typically cattle farmers that use that truck as a farm vehicle as well.

As for chicken houses, we all know the chickens are raised for meat (broilers) or egg production (laying hens), nothing else. The broilers live to be about 6-10 weeks old depending on the slaughter house specifics (even Tyson varies on bird size), the laying hens last about a year then they are then processed and their meat is used in soups or animal food depending on the grade.

These chickens have no idea of what life is like outside the house, to them the house is normal and these chickens are bred specifically to thrive in the less-than-desirable house environment. They aren't allowed to be injected with steroids but they are often vaccinated while in incubation and while being 'sexed' and their feed is usually high protein with synthetic amino acids blended in for faster growth.

Hunting isn't a bad thing, I have hunted, and I enjoy it as long as you are hunting with the right people. I like the sport but also believe that if you can't use the meat or don't want the meat, don't kill it.

We also don't have wolves or grizzly bears here in AR, we have coyotes, panthers, and black bears. Elk have been reintroduced as they are non-predatorial and can control plant growth of certain plant species. Because our state is so agriculturally based, it is going to be difficult to convince farmers to allow wolves to be reintroduced to the state. They would kill livestock.

Aside from that if you want to get back to hunting I recommend geese. No one likes geese and all the little old church ladies like it when I go goose hunting. Apparently, there is a flock of geese that hangs around a certain part of town and are pooping in people's yards. They think of it as a form of pest control, lol.
Sounds lke u know and understand! I bet ur job is killing

Sounds lke u know and understand! I bet ur job is killing

I have worked for three different poultry processors. I am currently seeking a position with the USDA-FSIS to be a food safety inspection officer. Poultry is a big business for our State. While Tyson holds the largest share of poultry slaughter houses, there are others:
Pilgrim's Pride
Cargill
Wayne Farms
Petit Jean Poultry (the last remaining one is in Arkadelphia).
George's Processing, Inc.
and the list can go on for many more lines but you get the idea.

I do not hunt, and do not advocate hunting for sport. For food, I approve. Hunting for your food is a ka-trillion times more humane and respectful of animals than the factory farming system we have for raising animals for food.

Not only is it the horrific suffering of factory farmed animals, it is also the pollution and waste involved...we could feed the world 5 times over with all the grain and water required to feed the animals raised for food. The run off and air pollution from these animals is considerable. The drugs pumped into them to make them grow faster and be killed sooner wind up in our bodies - mostly estrogen and antibiotics...think of this - in some places, the living conditions of these animals is sooo bad that they are SICK all the TIME...that is why they are given so many antibiotics. We are eating weak and sickly animals that are pumped full of these drugs (that alone cause many problems) just so that they will live long enough to get to the slaughter point and make money for the industry.

I could go on and on, but that is my answer. I don't eat meat, but if I did, I would rather it were a deer that fed on grass and shrubs and the impatiens and hosta in my garden, and that it had had a relatively free, happy, content, drug-free life until some hunter came along and killed it.

That being said, I think that Deaf people would make good hunters. They may not have the hearing, but in reality, that is probably a sense that is not that important to hunting.

My brother in law hunts and so does my nephew. That said, I'd prefer to hunt for food than for sport. I don't know anyone deaf who hunts.

My brother in law hunts and so does my nephew. That said, I'd prefer to hunt for food than for sport. I don't know anyone deaf who hunts.

I don't either. They were all eaten by Grizzly bears who heard them coming, when the deaf hunters did not realize they were making noise. :lol:

I don't either. They were all eaten by Grizzly bears who heard them coming, when the deaf hunters did not realize they were making noise. :lol:

We don't have grizzly bears where in my neck of the woods so I think the deer got the deaf hunters when no one was looking or listening.

I do not hunt, and do not advocate hunting for sport. For food, I approve. Hunting for your food is a ka-trillion times more humane and respectful of animals than the factory farming system we have for raising animals for food.

Not only is it the horrific suffering of factory farmed animals, it is also the pollution and waste involved...we could feed the world 5 times over with all the grain and water required to feed the animals raised for food. The run off and air pollution from these animals is considerable. The drugs pumped into them to make them grow faster and be killed sooner wind up in our bodies - mostly estrogen and antibiotics...think of this - in some places, the living conditions of these animals is sooo bad that they are SICK all the TIME...that is why they are given so many antibiotics. We are eating weak and sickly animals that are pumped full of these drugs (that alone cause many problems) just so that they will live long enough to get to the slaughter point and make money for the industry.

I could go on and on, but that is my answer. I don't eat meat, but if I did, I would rather it were a deer that fed on grass and shrubs and the impatiens and hosta in my garden, and that it had had a relatively free, happy, content, drug-free life until some hunter came along and killed it.

That being said, I think that Deaf people would make good hunters. They may not have the hearing, but in reality, that is probably a sense that is not that important to hunting.
That's why I always buy organic!

I bed deaf hunters are safer hunters! I've been told a lot of stories where some idiot could hear something in the woods he was sure was a deer but couldn't see it. Waiting for the deer to step out of the brush the hunter gets impatient and just unloads his gun where he heard the deer! That's how hunters get killed!! Ppl sometmes shoot at noises instead of making sure they know what they're shooting at!

Back