I didn't know that about Apocrypha

Status
Not open for further replies.

mecooncat

Reaction score
That's new to me. Apocrypha, is he a historian or a prophet?

* 1 Esdras
* 2 Esdras
* Tobit
* Judith
* Additions to the Book of Esther
* Wisdom of Solomon
* Prologue to Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach
* Wisdom of Jesus Son of Sirach
* Baruch
* Letter of Jeremiah
* Prayer of Azariah
* Susanna
* Bel and the Dragon
* Prayer of Manasseh
* 1 Maccabees
* 2 Maccabees

Apocrypha is not a person's name.

Here's the basic dictionary definition:

Apocrypha

noun

1. The biblical books included in the Vulgate and accepted in the Roman Catholic and Orthodox canon but considered noncanonical by Protestants because they are not part of the Hebrew Scriptures.
2. Various early Christian writings proposed as additions to the New Testament but rejected by the major canons.
3. Writings or statements of questionable authorship or authenticity.

About Apocrypha

It is located between OT and NT. The others in this thread were correct that it is found in certain religious bibles. Even KJV bible had them but really it was called 1611 Authorized Version or 1611 AV bible. But certain Quakers that disagreed and were perscuted by King James in England moved to Europe and later, America to have religion freedom. Well, the Colonists disagreed with the Apocrypha section and had that removed. That is the updated version of original KJV bibles like I have one today.

The writing was not matched to the OT and of course, not match to NT. It was perhaps writen by Orian and his people in Alexandra, Egypt according to some information I know about. Hard to tell. (source from Chick Publications)

God bless! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back