I can't get enough of Tabasco sauce!

mistercristofer

Reaction score
I like Frank's for things like Wings and pizza,

But Tabasco has a completely different flavor. While Frank's is more salty and zesty, Tabasco is more sour and strong.

I love it on eggs, gravy, steak and stuffing! FRIED RICE TOO :) anyone else?

I love tabasco sauce. I eat it on tortilla chips a few drops at a time. Not a big fan of Franks. My all-time favorite Louisiana style hot sauce is Crystal. I mix that with butter and chopped garlic and fresh ground pepper to make a delicious wing sauce. mmm mmm

I love tabasco sauce. I eat it on tortilla chips a few drops at a time. Not a big fan of Franks. My all-time favorite Louisiana style hot sauce is Crystal. I mix that with butter and chopped garlic and fresh ground pepper to make a delicious wing sauce. mmm mmm

That sounds so good. Care to share a more detailed recipe? Thanks! :)

That sounds so good. Care to share a more detailed recipe? Thanks! :)

Sure. It's really quite simple. How much butter you want to use is entirely up to you, but also depends on how much sauce you need for all the wings. If I'm going to use half a bottle of crystal, I use about a quarter stick of butter. Some people use a lot more, some less. It's no big deal, you can use a lot and will still taste good. Anyway...

Melt the butter in small sauce pan and then add finely diced (but not crushed) fresh garlic. I'd say about 3-4 cloves, depending on how much of a garlic flavor you want. Saute the garlic in the butter for about 5 minutes or so, until the pieces are tender and slightly golden. At this point, dump in the Crystal sauce. mix it all and simmer for about 3-4 minutes or so. Don't let it boil. Add a few good twists from a pepper mill and voila. Toss the wings immediately with the sauce and serve!

A note: the skin of the wings must be a bit crispy in order for the wing sauce to adhere to it. The way I do that without deep frying is to coat them very well with olive oil before putting them in oven or on the grill (grill is better. Quickly sear each side of the wings over hot coals, then move to side of grill for indirect heating). I use whole wings. I don't mess with those little "drummets" or cutting up the wings.

You can get creative with the sauce. Add chili powder or herbs for for some zest. For me, the basic sauce is delicious enough, but sometimes I feel creative. Lol!
Enjoy!

My taste buds say "yeah", love it...but my stomach says "no way"!....No more spicy, hot stuff for me.....I just swell up...and "blast" away all day long, and the "occupied" tag on the bathroom door.....

I love tabasco on my black beans and rice, eggs and a lot of things as well.

mmmmm....

Frank's makes a red-hot wing-sauce that's really tasty on veggies...
Tobasco red is a staple...
Crystal...especially on corn-on-the-cob!
Tapatio goes on anything in a tortilla...

For breakfast, gotta go with the rooster...awesome!

Green tabasco sauce. In the tiny individual bottles you sometimes get in a restaurant.

i don't really care for the green too much, but i loveeeee the chipotle one too. its kinda hard to find up here...

For those who don't know, the ripe red peppers are picked by hand, mashed with a small amount of Avery island salt, and aged for up to three years in white oak barrels, only to be drained and mixed with vinegar for three weeks. And voila! The final product!

I gotta have Tabasco or Frank's Red Hot sauce on a lot of things! :)

When I go to Denny's or IHOP, I use it on my chicken fried steak (with gravy), hash browns (with shredded cheese on top), fries, and mashed potatoes (with gravy). I also use it on my scrambled eggs, fried eggs, and omelets.

Just a few minutes ago, I made myself some scrambled eggs with shredded cheese and bacon bits along with some Louisiana Hot Sauce. :)

There was a time when I went to Denny's for dinner one night with some friends. I started pouring Tabasco sauce on my dinner. I kept going and going... until my friends started crying. Then I knew it was enough. ;)

Back