I Cant Believe This.....

AJ said:
yeah maybe ill like....win the lottery worth 26 million or something lol. that would be awesome.

Would be really nice to win the lottery.. but you owe me!! half of the 26 million... :giggle: but sure would be nice.. can get whatever you want!!

:( :hug: AJ, I am so sorry to hear about this job falling through, but, I also think that this job just wasn't meant for you, and there is a better job out there for you somewhere. At times when something good happens to us, and then it has been taken away from us like this job that has been taken away from you, it goes with that old quote "it just wasn't meant to be".
So, just hang in there, something is bound to come along soon. I am sure,very sure, that your girlfriend will understand, because this decision was beyond your control.
I hope better things come your way soon dear friend!!!
:kiss:

AJ, I completely understand how you feel and that it is not that easy to look for jobs. I am already a full time employee for the personal care assistant waiver and I can hire people who are around my age or older than me. if there are disabled people in your area, you will be paid by their medicaid hours limit. My brother is at your age and I pay him $12.95/hr for 10 hours and he gets $129.50 monthly (I have the maximum of 70 hours, but I am using 40 hours since I am living with family) . if the disabled person needs 60-70 hours of assistance, you would receive $900 monthly from gross wage.

I wish you good luck!

I will also add my 2 cents..... It very probably was for insurance purposes. My family recently owned a taxi company that also did courier runs. To be insured, all drivers had to be 25 years or older, so dont take it personally. I do think they should have told you before doing any training.

I’m with Reba on this one—it was most likely their liability insurance carrier that mandated that drivers be at least 25 years of age. That sure sucks, AJ—sounded like a awesome job. I hope you can find something else that’s comparable.

RebelGirl said:
Would be really nice to win the lottery.. but you owe me!! half of the 26 million... :giggle: but sure would be nice.. can get whatever you want!!

yeah like a bed.

i have a portion of money in my savings....but it is running thin. i need to be VERY careful on what i buy. i need to save that money for christmas presents. hopefully i have a damn job by then.

AJ said:
i have a portion of money in my savings....but it is running thin. i need to be VERY careful on what i buy. i need to save that money for christmas presents. hopefully i have a damn job by then.
planning to buy your g/f an enagement ring? :D

Aj, try to cry on front of ur boss if he/she feels sorry and hire u back, J/K

i m truly sorry to read, boss should give u a 2 weeks notice so u would make searching another job :aw:

Good luck with finding another job as quick as possible ;)

^Angel^ said:
OMG, I can't believe this, I thought that the U Haul near my ex parent's house were the only place who wouldn't let me rent a truck so I could move into a new apartment.....I went thru exactly the same as you did Liza, I was 18 at that time and was carry my first child which I was 7 months pregnant, They refused to let me rent an U Haul truck either cause of my age, so my dad is the one who rent it for us, it was the only way I could be able to move my things out of my ex husband's parents house....They told me I was too young to rent one.... :squint:

Assholes :squint:

Glad your father helped out!

AJ, I wonder if the company that trained you and "fired" you could still give you a reference proving that they did train you?

Steel said:
planning to buy your g/f an enagement ring? :D

uuhhh...no, not any time soon thats for damn sure.

Liza said:
AJ, I wonder if the company that trained you and "fired" you could still give you a reference proving that they did train you?

Well i only trained for 1 day. and that day equaled 5 hours.

never, never give up trying.. :)

also theres something else that i cannot be such embarrassed.. not exactly tho, other night on thursday evening during after midnight, my friends and were crusing around to look for Target stores if they do opened for 24 hrs like Wal-Mart does.. im surprised that we couldnt find one even through we did tried everything on cell phone, they gave us a trick answers that didnt helped much, so thereforth, we decided to stopped by whataburger to ask any co-workers if they knew any, so we drove up in drive-thru. and gave the note to this black lady at mirror box. then somehow, she requested to us if we cld read her lips which none of my friends can but me. that almost got me pissed, i was appalled for what she asked us because thats a discrimination as well as that lady is so dumb to response: "oh well, i cant write!" then my friend just drove away from that place, whichever it made worsen but i told my mom about it today and she instantly called up to that place @ whataburger about that co-worker being discrimination and gave me some advices which i couldnt do anything because i was not a driver.
that bitch could have gotten a bitchslapped from me, because i dont play like that. that psycho woman shld have known better than that, shes lucky bec that time the manager wasnt working and the co-worker was alone at that time, so far i known of. smh...i am going to laugh my butt off when that idiotic employee got fired.

$900.00 every two weeks?! And you're only 23 years old?! I never got that much when I was 23 years old. That's an awesome job, I can see why you are upset. :(

When you reach 25 years old why don't you re-apply again and see if they would hire you? It wouldn't hurt to try. ;)

You'll find another job hun, just look all in the right places, You'll find one! :P

Best of Luck to ya! :thumb:

Cheri said:
$900.00 every two weeks?! And you're only 23 years old?! I never got that much when I was 23 years old. That's an awesome job, I can see why you are upset. :(

When you reach 25 years old why don't you re-apply again and see if they would hire you? It wouldn't hurt to try. ;)

You'll find another job hun, just look all in the right places, You'll find one! :P

Best of Luck to ya! :thumb:

I agree with you, Cheri. When AJ turns 25 he could go back and apply again. By that time, they can't say he's too young. I was 23 back in 1983 and I was making $3.50 per hour and brought home only $175 every two weeks. I know people earned less years ago cuz cost of living was cheaper. I never have made $900 every two weeks. So I can really understand AJ being so upset.

And another thing, It sounds like an easy job too for $900.00 every two weeks? Compares to my job $10.00 an hour which is hard work, I meant very hard work, even the hours are crazy! :shock:

Heck, by the time AJ turns 25 he will be somewhere else making 1500 a week!! Hehe

Back