i am...

Feistychick, Hi, I do not think we have ever met. Kathy is a great lady! She and I cross opaths frequently in St.Louis. I love her to PEICES. In fact, the last time I ran into her, I (and other people here) were at a meeting in St.L.. Kathy was threre. She was goign to show sound and fury II. SHe had trouble with the computer and it could not use subtitles. So, she signed all of the dialouge in the movie.
Congrats on the CI. I am sorry that you had to go through all of those hard times before finally getting the medical professional that you deserved.

WOW! that's FANTASTIC!!! now i got someone in here that knows her who i can share notes with too!!! :dance2:
if it hadn't been for her, i doubt any of this would have happened!!! :thumb:

today i had my 2nd mapping, and got the MOST SHOCKING NEWS IN MY LIFE!!! my hearing is at 30-40 DB!!! :jaw: --- before the CI, it was over 110 DB... even though it hasn't "SUNK IN", I can't wait to tell my hunny and call my mummy tonight and MAYBE THE WHOLE WORLD too!!!??? :D :hyper:

Way to go and I bet you're really happy with your progress!

Wonderful to hear that you can hear at that level! awesome! I can see that you are happy with it! congrats again! :)

Welcome back, dearest FeistyChick... and congratulation for have CI... :hug:

I'm really happy for you... It's amazing story, I read here...

Welcome back, it's cool to see great things are going well for you...what sounds have you enjoyed hearing? Anyhow, hope you'll continue to enjoy your stay here in AD! ;)

~RR

Wow, that's great, and welcome back to AD :) ....

Way to go Feisty!!! Got your Assimilation form filled out? Lol!

thanks guys for the congrats!!!

yea, i guess it is a fast progress that i didn't expect at all because i went for the CI WITHOUT ANY EXPECTATIONS except for hoping to improve my voice (my speech is very good).... and then i GET THIS SHOCKING NEWS!!! :hyper:

it is VERY IMPORTANT FOR CI USERS that there shouldn't be any expectations in the whole process, as it is not 100% guaranteed!

my mom n sister were the ones with high hopes/high expectations... i keep reminding them especially my mom not to have any expectations... people tell me to cut her some slack cuz she is my mom and wants the best for me! :roll: i refuse to have any expectations because i don't want to set myself up for a major disappointment! sheesh...

Feistychick, Hi, I do not think we have ever met. Kathy is a great lady! She and I cross opaths frequently in St.Louis. I love her to PEICES. In fact, the last time I ran into her, I (and other people here) were at a meeting in St.L.. Kathy was threre. She was goign to show sound and fury II. SHe had trouble with the computer and it could not use subtitles. So, she signed all of the dialouge in the movie.
Congrats on the CI. I am sorry that you had to go through all of those hard times before finally getting the medical professional that you deserved.

Yes, that's right -- my husband, daughter, granddaughter and I were at that meeting and I was really impressed with Kathy's interpreting! I even told her that in my wildest dreams I would have NEVER thought I'd meet a deaf person interpreting for me! She is a great person and I look forward to meeting her again...

" my hearing is at 30-40 DB!!! --- before the CI, it was over 110 DB... even though it hasn't "SUNK IN", I can't wait to tell "

You may still get more hearing in terms of DBs. Initially, Lillys first CI was giving her hearing at 30-30 DBs. AS the first year year went by, Lillys brain adjusted to the hearing. As this happened, she started to hear better. Now she hears at 20-25 DBs across all freq ranges. Infact, with her left ear just being turned on, she started at a very similar range around 25 DBs.

Greema, Isnt Kathy cool!

And I know I told you this, but your granddaughter was sooo cute, she kept distracting me during the meeting. I was trying to pay attention to what was going on, but I kept ending up making faces and playing wioth your grandaughter.

Back