I am thinking about getting the Dash from Tmoblie..

i never use those types of relays... the last relay i used was AT&T and DETESTED IT!!! i now use SIPRelay via IM and LOVE IT!!! (don't need to use GA or SK)... just communicate like hearing people do... you can also save important conversations, and lastly, you can talk to your friends at the same time which is a BIG PLUS! :thumb:

That cool but I don't love any of the mobile relay.

I just use them becasue I have to for my work.

But I would love a relay if there was a software written that would use the mobile contact listing rather than having to remember and type out the number to dial each time you want to make a call.

It would be nice to open the contact listing and tap the name of the person you want to make a relay call that the text would appear "Pls dial (number here)" etc automatically in your aim or messenger or relay software on your mobile phone.

Maybe one day someone will write better relay software that take advantage of the full feature of mobile phone.

Other software I would like to see is VCO over IP Phone on mobile too hopefully some day some companies wanting to pull more people to thier relay service would write such software too!.

Bill

I didn't think to go to T-mobile's website! LOL!

I got this information

for DASH

Feature Description
Easily synch w/ Microsoft Outlook Stay in synch with your Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes in Microsoft Outlook
Built-in QWERTY Keypad With the built-in keypad, you can type messages easily.
Windows Mobile® Familiar and easy to use Windows Mobile® experience
Real web browsing* Get more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
myFaves capable* Get unlimited any-network calling to any 5 people with a myFaves plan.
GPRS/EDGE and Wi-Fi enabled* Access fast, wireless connections from anywhere on the T-Mobile USA network.
Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology Connect your phone to your computer or stereo headset without any wires.
1.3 Megapixel camera Take high-quality pictures from your phone that you can enlarge or print.
Quad-band world phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) Use this phone in any of the countries where T-Mobile provides GPRS service.
Micro SD memory slot Add more memory for multimedia files, data, and more.
Windows Media® Player Windows Media Player lets you play audio and video files you download from the Internet or receive over e-mail.
Video capture/playback Capture and play back short video clips.
Speakerphone Put down the phone and keep talking with a convenient speakerphone.
Picture messaging* Send pictures from your phone to others.
Text messaging* The quick, quiet way to stay connected.
Easy text input Predictive text input anticipates what you're typing to make sending messages faster and easier.
Voice-activated dialing Call someone with simple voice commands when your hands are busy.
Voice Notes* Record messages as reminders or just for fun.
Speed dial Call numbers in your phone book with the touch of a button.
Caller ID pictures See a photo of your caller to quickly decide whether to answer.
Conference calling Talk to two people at the same time.
Instant messaging: Yahoo!®, MSN®, and AOL®* Send and receive instant messages with Yahoo!, MSN, or AOL.

For SK3

Feature Description
1.3 Megapixel camera Take high-quality pictures from your phone that you can enlarge or print.
Real web browsing Get more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone (Sidekick rate plan required).
E-mail Send and receive e-mail messages on your phone (Sidekick rate plan required).
Music player Make a personal soundtrack with your favorite MP3s on your phone.
Bluetooth® wireless technology Lose the wires and keep your hands free for more important things – Bluetooth lets you connect your phone to your headset or computer wirelessly.
Speakerphone Put down the phone and keep talking with a convenient speakerphone.
Instant messaging: Yahoo!®, MSN®, and AOL®* Send and receive instant messages with Yahoo!, MSN, or AOL.
Personal Information Mgr Access your address book, contacts, calendar, and more on your desktop after you synchronize.
Vcard support Send and receive messages with electronic signature attachments.
Games Enjoy your down time more with fun games on your phone.
Expandable mini SD memory slot Mini SD slot allows you to add extra memory for photos, files, and more.
E-Mail integration options Access up to eight of your work and personal e-mail accounts from your T-Mobile phone.

I didn't think to go to T-mobile's website! LOL!

I got this information

for DASH

Feature Description
Easily synch w/ Microsoft Outlook Stay in synch with your Contacts, Calendar, Tasks, and Notes in Microsoft Outlook
Windows Mobile® Familiar and easy to use Windows Mobile® experience
Real web browsing* Get more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone.
myFaves capable* Get unlimited any-network calling to any 5 people with a myFaves plan.
GPRS/EDGE and Wi-Fi enabled* Access fast, wireless connections from anywhere on the T-Mobile USA network.
Stereo Bluetooth® wireless technology Connect your phone to your computer or stereo headset without any wires.
Quad-band world phone (850/900/1800/1900 MHz) Use this phone in any of the countries where T-Mobile provides GPRS service.
Micro SD memory slot Add more memory for multimedia files, data, and more.
Windows Media® Player Windows Media Player lets you play audio and video files you download from the Internet or receive over e-mail.
Video capture/playback Capture and play back short video clips.
Picture messaging* Send pictures from your phone to others.
Easy text input Predictive text input anticipates what you're typing to make sending messages faster and easier.
Voice-activated dialing Call someone with simple voice commands when your hands are busy.
Voice Notes* Record messages as reminders or just for fun.
Speed dial Call numbers in your phone book with the touch of a button.
Caller ID pictures See a photo of your caller to quickly decide whether to answer.
Conference calling Talk to two people at the same time.

For SK3

Feature Description
Real web browsing Get more pages and better Web content delivered efficiently to your phone (Sidekick rate plan required).
E-mail Send and receive e-mail messages on your phone (Sidekick rate plan required).
Music player Make a personal soundtrack with your favorite MP3s on your phone.
Bluetooth® wireless technology Lose the wires and keep your hands free for more important things – Bluetooth lets you connect your phone to your headset or computer wirelessly.
Personal Information Mgr Access your address book, contacts, calendar, and more on your desktop after you synchronize.
Vcard support Send and receive messages with electronic signature attachments.
Games Enjoy your down time more with fun games on your phone.
Expandable mini SD memory slot Mini SD slot allows you to add extra memory for photos, files, and more.
E-Mail integration options Access up to eight of your work and personal e-mail accounts from your T-Mobile phone.
Tahoe, I warn you better prepare to ask t-mobile retiler at tmo store about Instant messging, because IM use SMS usgae that you never know!

NOTE: Please don't get high expectation that You got all that free.. there are separate data plan and text message plan that charge you, it is up to you.. dash is not same SK data plan.. ~Via BB~

I just got a DASH a week ago. I love it so far. many great features that will more than help me.....

I've never had a sidekick or a blackberry before, so I have difficult time making the edcuated comparisson. Does any body have skills with the DASH if I had questions they could mabey answer me?

Thanks

I have negative for this Dash. The camera function is confuse and not good pictures.

is dash easy for me to type with my thumbs same as sk3? i dont want to type with my thumbs if the each letters are too close to each other...

I did asked the lady at the Tmo when I paid the bill. She said it's same as my SK2. Not bad! :)

I checked the device, it is neat toy! I did compared Dash and SK3 features. So Dash has 2 or 3 more than what SK3 offer. :) I also wanted something different than common devices. I would like to have a Treo but it don't have AIM or YM. So I found Dash, and saw AIM on it. Three things that I must have on my list, AIM (or any commutation), Text and E-mail. If AIM is down, I always can use text or Email till AIM or Yahoo or whatever is back up running.

You could check their website for more information as well if you wanted more info. :thumb:
Yes, it offers more than Sidekick. But, will you really use all of the features offered?

I just got a DASH a week ago. I love it so far. many great features that will more than help me.....

I've never had a sidekick or a blackberry before, so I have difficult time making the edcuated comparisson. Does any body have skills with the DASH if I had questions they could mabey answer me?

Thanks

As PowerON said Dash has lousy pics quality... Since u are owner of Dash and I want to ask u is it true what PowerON said?

picture quality is no different with dash to any other out now. I have been having problems though with screen freezing up and phone turning off......I know another person with exact same technical problems with their dash, so beware.

its look okay but im thinkin abt that, Verizona Wireless XV6700

• Dual Band (800MHz CDMA/1900MHz PCS)
  • 1xEVDO/1xRTT
  • 64MB RAM/ 128 MB Flash ROM
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0 (Pocket Outlook®, Pocket MSN® Messenger®, Activesync®, Pocket Word®, Pocket Excel®, Pocket Powerpoint®, Pocket IE, Windows Media Player 10, pictures, voice recorder, calculator, clock, alarm, games and much more…)
  • Wireless Sync
  • MiniSDCard expansion slot
  • Built-In Bluetooth® technology
  • Built-In Wi-Fi
  • Main Display: 2.8" TFT 65K Color (240 x 320)
  • Side Out QWERTY keyboard
  • 5-Way Navigational Pad
  • 1.3 Megapixel Camera/Camcorder
  • Built-In Flash & Macro Functions
  • 8X digital zoom control
  • Resolution Adjustment: 1600 x 1280, 1280 x 1024, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 180 x 160
  • Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)
  • TXT Messaging
  • Windows Media® Player — Supports:
    • Audio Formats: iMelody, MIDI, MP3, AAC(+), WAV, WMA, WMV, QCELP, EVRC.
    • Video Formats: H.263, MPEG-4, WMV.
  • Polyphonic ringer and sound capability
  • Built-in Two-way speakerphone
General
  • TTY enabled for the hearing impaired
  • Hearing Aid Compatibility =M3
  • 1 Year warranty
  • FIFO for local inventory. B2B does not require FIFO
Specifications
  • Dimensions: 5.2" (H) x 2.32" (W) x 0.93" (D)
  • Weight: 6.5 ounces
  • Battery: 1350 mAh Li-Ion
  • Usage Time: Up to 5 hours OR
  • Standby Time: Up to 200 + hours

its look okay but im thinkin abt that, Verizona Wireless XV6700

• Dual Band (800MHz CDMA/1900MHz PCS)
  • 1xEVDO/1xRTT
  • 64MB RAM/ 128 MB Flash ROM
  • Microsoft® Windows Mobile® 5.0 (Pocket Outlook®, Pocket MSN® Messenger®, Activesync®, Pocket Word®, Pocket Excel®, Pocket Powerpoint®, Pocket IE, Windows Media Player 10, pictures, voice recorder, calculator, clock, alarm, games and much more…)
  • Wireless Sync
  • MiniSDCard expansion slot
  • Built-In Bluetooth® technology
  • Built-In Wi-Fi
  • Main Display: 2.8" TFT 65K Color (240 x 320)
  • Side Out QWERTY keyboard
  • 5-Way Navigational Pad
  • 1.3 Megapixel Camera/Camcorder
  • Built-In Flash & Macro Functions
  • 8X digital zoom control
  • Resolution Adjustment: 1600 x 1280, 1280 x 1024, 640 x 480, 320 x 240, 180 x 160
  • Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS)
  • TXT Messaging
  • Windows Media® Player — Supports:
    • Audio Formats: iMelody, MIDI, MP3, AAC(+), WAV, WMA, WMV, QCELP, EVRC.
    • Video Formats: H.263, MPEG-4, WMV.
  • Polyphonic ringer and sound capability
  • Built-in Two-way speakerphone
General
  • TTY enabled for the hearing impaired
  • Hearing Aid Compatibility =M3
  • 1 Year warranty
  • FIFO for local inventory. B2B does not require FIFO
Specifications
  • Dimensions: 5.2" (H) x 2.32" (W) x 0.93" (D)
  • Weight: 6.5 ounces
  • Battery: 1350 mAh Li-Ion
  • Usage Time: Up to 5 hours OR
  • Standby Time: Up to 200 + hours

If XV6700 is what you want to go but I don't recall Verzion offering plans for hearing impaired and thier monthly data is pretty high, and if your not going to have voice plan and stick with data only then you should check to see how well Cingular or Sprint carrier signal is in your town and go with either one of them.

Sprint offer PPC 6700 which is exactly the same hardware and software phone as the VX6700 (notice the same model number) and you can get a Wireless Relay Data Plan for only 29.99 a month but no sms text is included and you have to pay extra for text. And Sprint rather you have a Blackberry instead on that plan but they will still accept PPC 6700 if you push them to.

Cingular offer 8125 or 8525 which is similar to VX6700 but different hardware and 8125 is slower processor hardware and the newest 8525 is the fastest processor hardware however both run the same software as VX6700 which is Windows Mobile 5.0 and Cingular have a plan which is also 29.99 and it includes 5,000 sms text messages.

My mother has verizon wireless.. I used to have verizon wireless I bought the phone last year because we were moving up to Maine and it turn out a big mistake for us.. the sms was soo expensive for us to use.. even using the aim/yahoo features in verizon wireless they do charge just like sms.. I was not so please. soo I decide to go back on my sidekick for once. i will use both sms and email, instant message. even tho it has a weak receptions here but the sms helps alot too cuz it works even when I have 2 dots on it. my bedroom is only room that has good signal in there.. rest of house nah unless i put it by the window..

So I dont believe buying verizon wireless would save you some $ but it does cost lots lots of money on the sms features etc. so watch your bills..

Sorry for going off point but it just happen above were talking about verizon i just wanna express out my experiences.. *sigh*

my daughter does have cingular pay as you go.. I pay 19.99 per month for 3000 on her sms because she and I talk lots on text msg and she has few friends who they like to use text msg but 1 thing she hates her phone is-- no receptions at her school... :giggle: good.. school is educations more important.. she said what if there was fire or something. i said school has payphone, school has a phone too. she gulps!

Wendy

Several people I know with Sidekick 2/3 have tried T-Mobile Dash... I must say that many of them ended up going back to their Sidekicks... so this should tell you something...

WBHarley, I agree about VerizonWireless being so expensive. Someone I know had bought two LG (the one with mini-keyboard) with the company. She had gotten her first bill statement and it was way over $1,000 with a lot of texting. I have tried to warn her to take easy with texting. but no, she thought she had it under control. She usually ask me for advices like that but her daughter had pushed her to buy one ('cause her friends got one...)

Back