I am so mad!

Yes, If it isn't CC or subtitled you can tell them and they'll usually give you your money back (or if a rental place at least credit fora free rental of another movie). I've had it happen on occasions. Sometimes it's a video rental place and sometimes it's a DVD I've purchased at a store.

Most stores won't let you return DVD's. I can understand why because that would allow people to buy and return after watching it. But even if they do have that rule. Return it anyway. If they give you any attitude or won't take it back for the legitimate reason of it not being subtitles or CC. Then ask for a manager and express how upset you are. They'll give you a refund I guarantee it. They don't want to be called anything that has to do with discrimination.

Don't take advantage of this by pulling out your "Deaf card" Unnecessarily. But if it isn't CC or english subtitles. Return it. If they don't allow you then raise hell about it. Laws have been passed on this issue.

Ron Jaxon

Yes...my mom runs a convenience video store so I understand when people return dvd for new...and our attitude..
Usually..I go with it. I hate arguing and just say, "do what you want, I don't care about that $whatevercashIget." My mom of course...gets upset.
How I despise those moments (signs).:rl:

When I rented some movies from the Blockbuster video store last spring, I brought some home and watching one of three movies. I noticed that it freeze and I checked what went wrong with it. Guess what? The DVD has some scratches on it, that :pissed: me off. I checked the other twos and there were no signs of damages. I went back to that store with one movie and I explained them the situation. They said I can exchange for another one at no charge, which I did.
So, I was wondering that it had to do with losing the Blockbuster business. :dunno:

Back