i am so annoyed right now

Deaf_Jen

Reaction score
i was in the bank sorting out one of my accouts... and im stood in a que... like everyone else (the bank is v busy) and all of a sudden this woman walks up to the desk and cuts the cue...(i was next in line and had waited for 10mins) see this normaly wouldnt bother me... you know... blind lady... guide dog...you know... maybe needs a bit of help... the woman behind the desk aks her to ait whilst she finishes with the people in the que... and then this woman turns arround and says "BUT I AM REGISTERED BLIND!" i felt like thumping her and shouting "well im registered deaf"... im not completly deaf but still... now the woman behind the desk begins to help her... and im like 'wtf?' then the woman is ushered off into a private room ... and the que was just standing there...

they sent another teller out to tend to the que... and boy did i give him a peice of my mind... the bank knoow im deaf... because im always making them turn on the tfunction so i can hear them... ... and uurgh *is so annoyed*

doesnt it realy annoy you when people just do that? using their disability to everyones disadvantage... thinking the whole world owes them something... the womans husband (who could see hear... etc) was just sitting on a chair not paying any attention... i mean... could he not have told her there was a cue... and other ppl where waiting!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK

[/vent]

Last edited:
Yeah, that does peeve me, too. However, what can we do? I mean, in today's society, WE'RE the ones who look bad if we say something or object to a blind (deaf, physically challenged, pregnant, elderly, etc) person cut in front of us in line. WE are the ones who look "inconsiderate." So we kind of have to grin and bear it sometimes... :::shrug::: I dunno what to say here other than I do understand how you feel, kiddo. :)

If it helps, you could always shake your head in disgust and remind yourself about how much it bugs you and how you'd never do it, yourself. Sometimes knowing you're a better person is satisfying enough when nothing else is.

no... i dont think thats going to work... i say SHOOT ALL THE BLIND PEOPLE! :giggle: :rifle:

na

see i know some realy nice people who have a disability... but then you get others who think the world owes them someonething... im deaf... beacuse... i am... shit happens.... my brothers got a physical and mental handicap... and kids like him dont complain because its all they know... then you get thease people who seem to love being the way they are because of all the perks... like... pissing people off in banks....

I know how you feel. I hate it when people take advantage of their disability for specific things. There is one guy I know who stands there and stares at everyone's converstation. When they look at him and tell him that it's rude to stare... he always replies with, "I can't help it cuz I'm deaf!"

VamPyroX said:
I know how you feel. I hate it when people take advantage of their disability for specific things. There is one guy I know who stands there and stares at everyone's converstation. When they look at him and tell him that it's rude to stare... he always replies with, "I can't help it cuz I'm deaf!"

Dang, that's so LAME! :roll: Whenever I'm at a deaf function, I'm always careful not to stare at anyone when there are conversations going on, etc. :) I just know that staring is rude, heh.
I remember one time, I was on a metro bus in L.A. with a couple of friends, I noticed a couple young girls staring at us -- I was only 20 at the time and I immediately stared back at them, so they blustered and turned away, :lol:

I know those girls may have been curious and fascinated by the hands signs, etc...but still I HATE being stared at. :lol:

PurpleRose71 said:
Dang, that's so LAME! :roll: Whenever I'm at a deaf function, I'm always careful not to stare at anyone when there are conversations going on, etc. :) I just know that staring is rude, heh.
I remember one time, I was on a metro bus in L.A. with a couple of friends, I noticed a couple young girls staring at us -- I was only 20 at the time and I immediately stared back at them, so they blustered and turned away, :lol:

I know those girls may have been curious and fascinated by the hands signs, etc...but still I HATE being stared at. :lol:
Yeah, im the same way! I hate being stared at..have been several times and i usually stop and stare right back at them, it works. They should know better than stare, really! :squint:

Back