I am going to DC

rjr2006

Reaction score
I will be going to WASHINGTON DC starting on July 8th for a week!!!! The state of CT nominated me because I did the most advocacy work for the disabled. I will be attending National Council on Independent Living conferences, visit the US Capital, marching, Kennedy Center Performance, hill visits, exhibit fair, and even meet with some congressmen! I am so thrilled!

:cool::cool:

That's wonderful and hopefully you'll gain much experience from being there....congratulations and wish you all the best with your presentation as well!! Let us AD'ers know how it all went afterwards! ;)

Take good care and meanwhile, enjoy your time there as well!! :)

~RR

Enjoy it here and drink lots of water if the heat and humidity gets high. I havent paid attention to the weather reports but I know July is very yucky.

U plan to do some sightseeing? If u have any questions, let me know since I live near DC. :)

Awesome, sound like fun!! Weather will be very hot in DC during the month of July!! I hate that!!

Have fun on the trip and drink a lot of water! Be safe! We'll be happy to hear what's happening when ya get back! :thumb:

Great and congratulations!

As a native Washingtonian (in my former life), it is a great place to visit and sightsee (too much sometimes). Shel90 is right about July can be hot as blazes and extremely humid. Just be careful when you are there.

Congrats!!! Do come back and share your experience with us. That's awesome it will be great learning experience about our nation when you do meet some congressmen. Have a great time!

Let us know if you are invited to White House to meet Dubya. Anyway, congrats and best of luck, rjr! :cool:

congrats have fun there in DC and do have a safe trip and enjoy yourself there :thumb:

Congratulations - and oh yeah you are obligated to send every AD member a DC t-shirt, lol.

Congrats, have a fun trip to DC.

Back