I am glad to be here in alldeaf.com

sorei

Reaction score
well my name is sorei mahong, actually i was not born deaf but TB meningitis got me and i loss my hearing taking life saving medication, but yet still i am glad that i am alive and i haven't given up hope with my life, and i am really glad that i found this site to communicate with other people who is suffering like me.

I tell stories through my photography.

well my name is sorei mahong, actually i was not born deaf but TB meningitis got me and i loss my hearing taking life saving medication, but yet still i am glad that i am alive and i haven't given up hope with my life, and i am really glad that i found this site to communicate with other people who is suffering like me.

I tell stories through my photography.

Hello. Most of us are not suffering, but I can give you a thread to find those who are. :wave:

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-world-our-culture/62953-adjustment-late-onset-deafness.html

Our late deafened thread is about adjustment, not suffering. Sorei, come on over to that thread and you can discuss how to cope and adjust. Welcome!

:wave: Welcome to Alldeaf!

You can post some of your photography in
our pictures + videos section if you want.
Look forward to seeing them!

Welcome to AD....being late deafened is an adjustment...but not suffering..sorry you feel that way

Alicia is right. I am not late deafened but I'm deaf
We are proud to be deaf its not suffering that's why we don't like to be called hearing-impaired. We can do anything but hear.

I wouldn't say it was "suffering" more "adapting".

Welcome to AllDeaf :welcome:

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.395 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

I'm not deaf but a hearing mute. I can hear but can't communicate with other hearing people. Well using my voice anyway. I have a sever stuttering disorder that has gotten progressively worse as the years went by and now at age 30, I can't say a single word. Therefore decided to become mute. Well, I really had no choice in the matter anyway I guess.

At first I hated it, but eventually came to terms and accepted it. I realized at some point to either accept my disability and make the most of it or feel sorry for myself and be a walking sad, depressed mess for the rest of my life. Just make the best of it and always know that it could be worse. Compared to all the other disabilities in ther world, it could be a lot worse. Think about it.
Consider yourself lucvky if anything else.

Back