I am desperate!

Wise comments from Frisky Feline.

ya no kidding where are the mods? threads should be merged and someone should read the rules of the forum...this is annoying

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Frisky Feline said:
Anji has a point, about your small hometown. If there is no deaf people in your hometown then either move to other state or won't make money for living where no deaf people in your hometown to work with.
Even before they get to the "work with"/employment part - if there's no Deaf community in their location that also by definition means they aren't able to get the exposure and connections (social, skill, employment) they need to GET to the interpreter part.

If you're going to be an interpreter you really need an immersive environment where basically everyday you can meet & chat with native and fluent ASLers - in person. Obviously that's impossible without an ASL community.

Last edited:
Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

Even before rthey get to the "work with"/employment part - if there's no Deaf community in their location that also by definition means they aren't able to get the exposure and connections (social, skill, employment) they need to GET to the interpreter part.

If you're going to be an interpreter you really need an immersive environement where basically everyday you can meet & chat with native and fluent ASLers - in person. Obviously that's impossible without an ASL community.

true. thanks for clarifying this important part about immersive and connections with Deaf community first.

Frisky Feline is right about it. We did not sign up AllDeaf.com to help hearing people with sign language. We are here to post anything other than "helping others with sign language."

It's fine that you come here and asking for assistance with your homework - we will try to point you to right direction to any deaf people who willing to help you with. There is no need to come in here and demanding to help you out.

I'm sorry that you came here with high expection and we can't really help you out.

Frisky Feline is right about it. We did not sign up AllDeaf.com to help hearing people with sign language. We are here to post anything other than "helping others with sign language."

It's fine that you come here and asking for assistance with your homework - we will try to point you to right direction to any deaf people who willing to help you with. There is no need to come in here and demanding to help you out.

I'm sorry that you came here with high expection and we can't really help you out.

I just want to say thank you for letting me know without making me feel like a horrible person for asking. I hate asking for anything. And I am sorry for bothering anyone.

I just want to say thank you for letting me know without making me feel like a horrible person for asking. I hate asking for anything. And I am sorry for bothering anyone.

That's okay. :) We get that many times. I really don't know why your teacher pushing students to find deaf people and ask for assistance without giving you proper source for you to practice on.

There must be a tutor specifically for sign language practice somewhere...

MODS:

Can you please combine this thread with the other two that the OP has that are the same topic?

Back