I am confused and guilt with my old Cat :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I did make an appt. with Vet for put my cat to sleep tomorrow on Sat because she could not walk but Today My almost 16 years old White Persian Cindie seem very good spirit and walk pretty good? Soooo I am guilt that called Vet to cancel! :confused: ..

I am deciding ...that keep eye on her for another one week. :( I felt so awful! :(

It's always sad when a pet gets so old that health problems are constant. My cat that we had for 18 years died and it was sad. But sometimes putting them to sleep is better for them than to suffer. You should not feel guilty about it.

Phillips.. well your cat seems to be able to walk okay for a brief time and then back to the same stuff that had ya concerned and called the vet about that... I know ya feel guilty but it might be a good idea as your cat could still be suffering some painful times and might be better off sleeping for good... but ya could let your cat live the rest of her natural life out and let her sleep in peace when her time comes... that's up to ya...

I'm so confused with this story, I didn't think you are allow to just call a vet to put your cat to sleep unless they say otherwise. Did they ever say anything about your cat's health condition?

I suggest you to call the vet to change it to a check-up and the vet will determine what the health status of your cat is. It should be able to help you make a decision.

I am sorry about your cat. We had a Lhasa Apso that lived to 16 years. The vet wanted to put her to sleep at 14 because she was failing, but she seemed to want to live more to me so I refused.

My opinion if your cat gets up and walks I think maybe you were right to cancel.

Is there anything the vet can do to help her instead of putting her to sleep? Hugs. I know it's sad to see your pet in pain.

If you do have to put her to sleep, it's ok to feel bad, but not guilty, you are making her feel better, and she will go peacefully in her sleep.

Thank you all! I will update.. Of course I will let her go If she cannot walk again .. She will across the rainbow and join with my two dogs and her sister teresa :)

It is hard. I've done it. It's an awful feeling and a what if outlook. I feel for you.

Phillips,
your cat may not able walk.. best for sleep because can't walk to their business litter or meal too.. you know what I mean..
I know, I understand how much you felt bad being guilt due putting your cat sleep but important for your cat need be peace. you can ask your local vet and your cat ashes put into urn.. where you will be always remember your cat all the time..
Sound nice.. Up to you.

Maybe the cat knows and the cat is happy that you are helping the cat?

Last edited:
Yes I know what you mean, Phillip...

It was happened to me before...

http://www.alldeaf.com/our-pets/45300-do-you-experience-your-pets-alzheimer-2.html

See picture of Sussi, my 22 years old cat got tumor and cure it herself because the Vet said that she can´t do anything to cure her and said that Sussi would live up to 3 weeks...but she still is alive until now - it was over 6 months ago... her tumor come back again last week... :(

We were close to put her sleep if she SUFFER but she doesn´t. We noticed that Sussi fought herself to cure tumor... and fit ... :eek3: It was like miracle...

About your cat, don´t put her sleep too soon... if your cat can´t walk up to 3 or 5 days then put her sleep...

I know how you feel, Phillip :hug:

I'm sorry about your cat, Phillip. I know it is very difficult decision whether to put your cat to sleep or not. There is nothing to feel guilty about because you're doing your best as you can try to take care of your cat. We'll support you no matter what. You can talk to the vet and decide what you want to do.

We've lost our black lab due to poor health back in '02. We were planning on taking him to the vet right after we returned from our vacation in Jamaica. However five or six hours before we were due to head out to the airport, he wobbled into the living room and laid down to sleep. But we took one look at him, he was really dying. I comforted him while calling my oldest son who had our car at that time at the store to come home right away to take him to the vet. But he died already before my son came, so we took him to the vet anyway to have him cremated. We got the urn and put in the shelf with his collar. It was very tough on us. I cried on the plane all the way to Jamaica. My kids, hubby and I loved him so much because he was a great dog for 12 years.

Hang on there, Phillip. ((hugs))

I'm sorry about your cat, Phillip. I know it is very difficult decision whether to put your cat to sleep or not. There is nothing to feel guilty about because you're doing your best as you can try to take care of your cat. We'll support you no matter what. You can talk to the vet and decide what you want to do.

We've lost our black lab due to poor health back in '02. We were planning on taking him to the vet right after we returned from our vacation in Jamaica. However five or six hours before we were due to head out to the airport, he wobbled into the living room and laid down to sleep. But we took one look at him, he was really dying. I comforted him while calling my oldest son who had our car at that time at the store to come home right away to take him to the vet. But he died already before my son came, so we took him to the vet anyway to have him cremated. We got the urn and put in the shelf with his collar. It was very tough on us. I cried on the plane all the way to Jamaica. My kids, hubby and I loved him so much because he was a great dog for 12 years.

Hang on there, Phillip. ((hugs))

at least he died peacefully at home with the family at his side.. :cry:

at least he died peacefully at home with the family at his side.. :cry:

True but my two of youngest kids weren't there when that happened because they were staying with my mom for their vacation to upstate NY with her. But they came in late at night to be with us before we left for the airport. :aw:

Thanks.

I adopted 4 different persian cats. All my cats are passed away.
Blue Cream Persian was 18 years old - kidney failure. (Was going to put sleep but nature dead at vet)
Silver Persian (chinchilla) - 13 years old - tumor brain (put to sleep)
Black Persian - 17 years old - blind (sudden dead) - still good memory where is litter and food.
White Persian - unknown age about 11 years old (health problem - sudden dead)

I can't dare any animal to put sleep unless worst condition.
I prefer to put GW Bush to sleep.

My suggest.... you should discuss with vet.

I am sorry you have to go thru that. :( Poor kitty! Call the vet to post pone and keep eye on your kitty till another few more days? It is up to you. I think she had enough with suffer, I don't know. :hug:

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Its such a difficult situation for those of us who have fur-babies that we love. i truly believe that you will know when its time to let her go and cross the bridge.
As was mentioned, I strongly suggest a vet check, if it hasn't already been done. My experience has been that vets are in a good position to help us understand the factors that should be considered and can assess if our pets are suffering with pain.
I am living a similar situation right now with my cockapoo. She's old, and suffering from Kidney failure. There are some days that I look at her and think the time is very very close, but she bounces back and enjoys life again. As long as I can see a sparkle,and watch her get excited for her dinner and wag her tail happily when she sees me I will wait for that 'gut' feeling that tells me its time to say goodbye.
Good luck to you with this tough decision. Please don't feel guilty, whatever you decide will be based on your love for your pet.

I would like to closed this thread soon .. tomorrow ok... I have her beautiful Ash Box :aw:

When I Am Gone

When I am gone...release me, let me go
I have so many things to see and do.
You mustn't tie yourself to me with tears
Be thankful for our beautiful years.

I gave to you my love. You can only guess
How much you gave to me in happiness.
I thank you for the love each of you have shown
But now it's time that I traveled on alone.

So grieve a while for me if grieve you must
Then let your grief be confronted in trust
It's only for a short time that we must part
So cherish the moments locked within your heart.

I won't be far away for life does go on
So if you need me, call and I will come.
Though you can't see me or touch me, I'll be near
And if you listen with your heart, you'll hear
All my love around you, soft and clear.

And then when you must come this way alone,
I'll be waiting to greet you with a smile,
and say "Welcome home".

Author Unknown

cat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back