I am Blown Away!

This brings a smile to my eyes. It's good to see that kindness is still deeply woven into the human DNA and that generosity is contagious. I'm happy for you and your kind friend!

Thank you for sharing this heartwarming news. :)

Wow,that is awesome. I look up the price and they are very expensive aids. You should be able to hear very well with them. :)

Just curious. Are you still in the trial period with your Starkey's? If so, consider returning them (and get most, but probably not all, your $$ back). Then ask your audi (if s/he does Phonaks) to program the new ones (and make soft molds for them). If you audi doesn't do Phonaks, then you'll need to find someone who can program them for you. If you keep the Starkey's, you should still have the Phonaks programed (and molds made...I know, that's an expense in itself) for back up.

Just curious. Are you still in the trial period with your Starkey's? If so, consider returning them (and get most, but probably not all, your $$ back). Then ask your audi (if s/he does Phonaks) to program the new ones (and make soft molds for them). If you audi doesn't do Phonaks, then you'll need to find someone who can program them for you. If you keep the Starkey's, you should still have the Phonaks programed (and molds made...I know, that's an expense in itself) for back up.

Unfortunately no, My Starkey was $2,500, just $1,300 to go.... ughhhh almost done paying it! Life will be so much easier once its paid off, woohoo! Anyways, I'm on a in-house financing plan right now they don't refund it, however it is a tax right off after I pay it off.

Actually, I just found out the audi does offer more than Starkey, I was mistaken but I guess Starkey is the one they may favor most perhaps? Who knows. I'll have to see what he says next time I go in.

My friend e-mailed me back last night saying he was glad I could make use of them and if they still didn't benefit me, he told me to sale them. :shock:
Wow, all I can say is just wow.

That was an awesome gesture for this friend to do this for you.

One thing... I had a set of hearing aids given to me back when I was struggling for money. I took them to my audiologist and he said he can not program them for me since they are not prescribed to me. He made it sound like I was taking someone elses Prescription for pills.

So I contacted a few other Audiologist and they said the same thing.

So I am just wondering if that is a Florida thing or what??

One thing... I had a set of hearing aids given to me back when I was struggling for money. I took them to my audiologist and he said he can not program them for me since they are not prescribed to me. He made it sound like I was taking someone elses Prescription for pills.

Two weeks ago I gave my hearing aids away (totally deaf now so I cannot use them). They took them to their Audi and had them programmed without any fuss.

Two weeks ago I gave my hearing aids away (totally deaf now so I cannot use them). They took them to their Audi and had them programmed without any fuss.

What I thought... Since people do donate them to the Lions Club and other charities.

I guess they would not program them since they are not the ones that sold it to me.

Good question, I think it maybe depending on your Db need that it might not be the "right fit" sound-wise for your ear. But if they do treat it like a prescription than that might suck a bit.

I'll take them to my audi and see what he says when my Starkey mold is ready. I'll keep you posted on that.

The random act of kindness. It is nice of your friend to donate hearing aids to you.

What a generous friend! It is nice to see people thinking of others. How refreshing. I am very happy for you.

People at school are allways telling us that you cant trust anyone on the web, but sometimes you make lifelong friends via the internet.

I donated 2 sets of Oticon BTE's (don't know much more about them) to my local Deaf Service Center and their subsidiary The Hearing Wellness Center for their use. I have since gotten nice letters on how the aids were able to benefit 2 different children in our area all for the cost of new molds.

Back