I am back

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do you. Forgetting to turn on the exhaust fan won't cause monoxide poisoning. The fan is used to remove odors from the kitchen or remove smoke from something frying on the stove, but you won't die from monoxide poisoning.

That's correct.

I have lived on my own for 10 years. I have lived in many different apartments and houses. In all those ten years, I have, so many times, forgotten to turn on the fan when I cook on the stove. And, look, I am still alive and posting in AllDeaf.

Why would your boss try to kill u by breaking everything in your apt?

welcome back even if i didnt chance to introduce. So, you do surly looks beautiful :]

umm.. have you try report to peace officers?

So do you. Forgetting to turn on the exhaust fan won't cause monoxide poisoning. The fan is used to remove odors from the kitchen or remove smoke from something frying on the stove, but you won't die from monoxide poisoning.

I do have a carbon monoxide detector, and it went off after cooking on the stove, I called the fire department and they arrived and asked me if I had a working exhaust fan, I said no it has not been working ever since I rented this house, and suggested me to open the windows. And exhaust fans capture the smoke, not odors. I do have a gas stove by the way, so don't tell me what I don't know. :ty:

Plus I'm a cooking chef at my job, and I do know what exhaust fans are used for.

the broken stuff is what caused CO but I just hope no one deals with a boss like that.....

Being back is like renewing my book collection

Broken windows, broken toilets, or a broken water tap does not cause carbon monoxide. Carbon monoxide is produced whenever any fuel, gas, oil, wood, charcoal burning. Example if you're cooking on a stove and an exhaust fan doesn't work, it can cause carbon monoxide and windows should be open if the exhaust fan does not work. I think you need to educated yourself on carbon monoxide. :)

she only said broken stuff. Carbon Monoxide can come from broken stove or broken heater.

she only said broken stuff. Carbon Monoxide can come from broken stove or broken heater.

Look at post #10...how does broken toilets fit in the picture? :dunno:

Read post number 10, she said "Try broken windows, broken water heater, tap water busted, broken toliets, and broken heat"

sounds like the boss was trying to force her out of job by making her job miserable. broken stuff wasn't probably enough to drive her out so the boss resorted to carbon monoxide poisoning her... :-o

we'll have to wait for OP's clarification

It makes no sense why don't he just fired her?

"Never operate unvented gas-burning appliances in a closed room." "When those gases cannot escape, the air vents back into the home. The use of household fans that exhaust air, such as the kitchen and bath fans or the clothes dryer or central vacuum system, can overcome that natural draft and cause appliances to backdraft." "Gas cookstoves are significant sources of carbon monoxide and tainted indoor air." " A properly installed fan, one that is vented to the outdoors and not to the attic or basement, should be used every time the stove is used because it evacuates carbon monoxide from the gas cookstove."

CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

Educated yourself. If you read very carefully on my post where I stated "Carbon monoxide is produced whenever any fuel, gas, oil, wood, charcoal burning."

That's correct.

I have lived on my own for 10 years. I have lived in many different apartments and houses. In all those ten years, I have, so many times, forgotten to turn on the fan when I cook on the stove. And, look, I am still alive and posting in AllDeaf.

You cannot get carbon monoxide on electric stoves, only gas stoves. :)

If you read very carefully on my post where I stated "Carbon monoxide is produced whenever any fuel, gas, oil, wood, charcoal burning."

It makes no sense why don't he just fired her?

probably had no legal reason to fire her :dunno: you're right guys - this story doesn't add up at all but I find this thread hilarious cuz it's got so many holes that it's become a game

"Help fill in a hole of my story!"

he had a gas stove running for heat and he had no fans running..... did you ever think broken toliets would make it hard to go to the bathroom, and I do know about CO the police checked, I am just happy to be alive and and thanks to those that welcomed me back, those that seem to not understand my posts did you ever think to ask about them, I am trying to be supportive with my answers after all CO can be cause from broken items as the ER told me, especially combination of a broken heater and gas stove. I am making a christmas book and almost done.

probably had no legal reason to fire her :dunno: you're right guys - this story doesn't add up at all but I find this thread hilarious cuz it's got so many holes that it's become a game

"Help fill in a hole of my story!"

Thank you, Jiro. :)

why dont the book title tell you that and my thread was not to be funny, I am trying to speak out in a professional manner and mt book is Titled "What does Christmas really mean?"

A little brief about the book. Harkie, a little kitten wants to know what christmas means for real. His mother tells him to see Mr. Moolow, the wise old cow in the barn; however, Harkie is left to decide on what it means from the few stories Mr. Moolow told him. Since its a pasture legend, you might choice the same as harkie, or different than harkie.

the boss wasnt looking to fire me he just wanted me to work more but when you have no fan for the stove that is gas and a broken heater, what you suspect with CO.

"Never operate unvented gas-burning appliances in a closed room." "When those gases cannot escape, the air vents back into the home. The use of household fans that exhaust air, such as the kitchen and bath fans or the clothes dryer or central vacuum system, can overcome that natural draft and cause appliances to backdraft." "Gas cookstoves are significant sources of carbon monoxide and tainted indoor air." " A properly installed fan, one that is vented to the outdoors and not to the attic or basement, should be used every time the stove is used because it evacuates carbon monoxide from the gas cookstove."

CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING

Educated yourself. If you read very carefully on my post where I stated "Carbon monoxide is produced whenever any fuel, gas, oil, wood, charcoal burning."

I know about CO poisoning. I also know it's odorless. The only way it's detectable is with a CO detector. You also don't need to use an exhaust fan. As long as you're in well ventilated area, you're fine. Opening a window serves the same purpose an exhaust fan would. People rarely die from this unless their stupid and forget to open a window.

At any rate, her story doesn't add up. She's most likely spinning a good story for dramatic purposes. :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back