I am a HOH addict

ChristinaB

Reaction score
I am HOH and I am a recovery drug addict. I would love to know how many HOH and deaf addicts are out there.

Last edited:
I'm addicted to yarn. Does that count?

I'm being serious, here; I really AM addicted to yarn!

As I understand "addiction" it is a not a "Condition" which "Hearing Loss/Deafness" is. One has no "control" on this.
Thus would appear not to be related.

As I understand "addiction" it is a not a "Condition" which "Hearing Loss/Deafness" is. One has no "control" on this.
Thus would appear not to be related.

There is no relation but as an addict I need fellowship and I would love to talk to other addicts. Finding one that is deaf or HOH would be amazing!!

Does the fact so few DEAF persons "appear to be addicted" thus the lack of "fellowship" opportunities-suggest something?

i was a heavy cannabis smoker, i had an extremely difficult coming off it, took years to overcome fully cannabis stuffed up my social well being, it made me a petty crim just to score after score. Lucky it wasnt 'white' - far more dangerous and far more expesive - meaning thieving far more.
Psychologically cannabis is more potent than people realise it saps motivation, saps imagination (ironically stoned as would have you believeing you're very creative) ....subtle dependence made it very Very difficult go go without it. Its not eh cranky bit like coffee withdrawl its more a fight of depression to stay stoned....'stoned' would have you relaxed.......so tolerance to anything slightly edgy was extremely low, made my life miserable for a damn long time.

But I recoverd....ffrom cannabis addiction for well over 15 years now...

i never looked back

so there I've raised a hand to say " i was one, and i recovered got lots of stories but rather not spill it all out' but happy to share a few....when time's right but otherwise id keep it to myself OK
cheers

Basically I'm not a happy camper that I sold my 1977 Caprice wagon last month!!! I regret it and wish I did not sell it. I cannot live without one of those 1977-1979 Caprice/Impala wagons. I'm tired of going to a HOH therapist because most of them don't understand cars. They won't understand me. Done with that. I need all the help I can from some one who understand cars not some fluent ASL users who have a degree in counseling.

i understand car junkism isnt the same as physiologically dependent to substances.

Back