Hyperlink feature removed?

Theseus

Reaction score
To mods:

The interface of the newly designed AD is great! But I noticed the hyperlink feature is now missing, and there's only "Insert link" or "Remove link". Can hyperlink feature be put back so if I type in a website url, I can add captions to be clicked on at the same time instead of having to look up how to do it? Thanks.

Edit: I just figured out how to fix it manually, even though it's a bit subtle. But for others who aren't sure, maybe having two popup windows like before, one for inserting url, other for putting in captions, would help ;)

no it is not.. go in your usercp there is three type of editors the third one is new and it is wysiwyg now..

Well, the Hyperlink icon is gone (that's what I meant). You're right, there are three editors... mine was set as Standard Editor by default.

I tried the Enhanced interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing, but did not see the Hyperlink icon... only an "Insert Link" icon above the editing box. By hyperlink icon feature I mean having two windows pop up. One asks for the http:// address, the other asks for the caption.

What I did was try it in another browser (IE) before switching back to Standard Editor. Firefox is my default browser, but the hyperlink icon still won't appear in either browser. This tells me it is not browser-related.

It is no big deal to me anymore because I figured how to do it manually, but the hyperlink icon with two pop-up windows helps save time and is more convenient than just an "insert link" icon. This was implemented before and the icons may have been reset to default like what Alex said about the theme colors being default, but he said AD would be worked on this weekend.

"insert link" is a hyperlink feature. once you click it will pop up then you type the url and click then other window comes up asking you type anything.

try it.. use the test thread in support section..

Ok I noticed a slight change in insert link feature.. of course there is no 2nd window that will pop up after typing in the url. when you click ok, it will paste the ink with tag code but it auto-HIGHLIGHT the area that you can replace with the text you want to type or leave it as is.

Boult, thank you for your information, I already figured it out, that's what I meant by doing it manually. I didn't remember the technical term 'tag code' but there was no need for me to use the test thread because I had to try the link in another thread I was posting in. I just wanted to to bring this up to the mods' attention, because I recall there was a Hyperlink icon before the change in the AD forum. It may have to be added again, but it allows a second window to pop up and enter the caption.

Boult, thank you for your information, I already figured it out, that's what I meant by doing it manually. I didn't remember the technical term 'tag code' but there was no need for me to use the test thread because I had to try the link in another thread I was posting in. I just wanted to to bring this up to the mods' attention, because I recall there was a Hyperlink icon before the change in the AD forum. It may have to be added again, but it allows a second window to pop up and enter the caption.

Actually, directing these inquiries to Alex himself, as he's the one that is re-doing the overall layout for AD which by now is evident. ;)

Thanks Boult for helping him out too. :)

Back