human races

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
I am bad at using this proper term. Ethnicity or cultures ..

I notice that and it is my experience in the past that i tend to get bad attitudes by white hearing people than any other non white human races when i tried to talk to them. Obviously, i do not speak but sign as my natural ASL to communicate. I have been communicating with other human races real smooth than white people. Of course, not all of white people but seemingly, it is. I have met white people who are nice too.

Maybe it is just me who happens to meet different races too often rather than white people who are more nice to me.

Is it something to do with their education background or experience background to associate with deaf people before? :dunno:

I hope you do know what i am saying?

no, no, no. it is not rasict issue at all. FYI I am sort of a white girl but i dont think so. :lol:

I think other oppressed groups have more empathy and don't want to hurt other people in the ways that they have been hurt.

Perhaps they understand the difficulties of language barriers due to their parents/grandparents or even themselves?

My grandmother could not speak English and quite a few of white people were "disgusted" at my grandmother. Ya know.. "If you come to America, speak English!!!"

Good thing that she lived out her elderly years in Miami, where most people spoke Spanish anyway. I don't even want to think how she would be treated if she lived here in Alabama.

I notice that and it is my experience in the past that i tend to get bad attitudes by white hearing people than any other non white human races when i tried to talk to them. Obviously, i do not speak but sign as my natural ASL to communicate. I have been communicating with other human races real smooth than white people. Of course, not all of white people but seemingly, it is. I have met white people who are nice too.

Maybe it is just me who happens to meet different races too often rather than white people who are more nice to me.

Is it something to do with their education background or experience background to associate with deaf people before? :dunno:

no, no, no. it is not rasict issue at all. FYI I am sort of a white girl but i dont think so. :lol:

Yes, I noticed those people as well. But, I only know few white hearing people who can tolerant for Deaf and deaf people, and they are my friends, too. I agree with Botti because it does make sense, they understand our hardship.

Yes, I noticed those people as well. But, I only know few white hearing people who can tolerant for Deaf and deaf people, and they are my friends, too. I agree with Botti because it does make sense, they understand our hardship.

I agree... I have found that native speakers of other languages, or just other people who have been oppressed, are much more likely to be accepting of my deafness than WASP's (White, AngloSaxton Protestants [I include most white peopel in this category even though it says protestants])... though I have found a few WASPs who are good about it.

Wait, sorry.

Are you saying people that are non English speaking or are ESL (English as a Second Language) are nicer / more accepting of ASL?

Or white ppl are mean / less accepting of ASL?

I would think people exposed to many languages would be more accepting of another language no matter if it is visual or oral, then the current "English or go home" crowd which is not all white.

Wait, sorry.

Are you saying people that are non English speaking or are ESL (English as a Second Language) are nicer / more accepting of ASL?

Or white ppl are mean / less accepting of ASL?

I would think people exposed to many languages would be more accepting of another language no matter if it is visual or oral, then the current "English or go home" crowd which is not all white.

No. That is not what Frisky Feline said. She just said non-white people are more friendly and empathy than whites. But, of course, she don't suggest all non-whites are only ones are. Hope that is clear. :)

I agree... I have found that native speakers of other languages, or just other people who have been oppressed, are much more likely to be accepting of my deafness than WASP's (White, AngloSaxton Protestants [I include most white peopel in this category even though it says protestants])... though I have found a few WASPs who are good about it.

In grade six, which was the first time I ever made friends, I will never forget them - it was first day of school and I was so shy - I was just a country bumpkin who just moved to the city. The grade six teacher came out and told the sixth graders to line up to go to class. Two girls invited me to join them in line. They were twins, Nicky and Nadia, they were originally from Barbados. My first best friend was a girl who lived across the street from me, she is from Somalia. My other two good friends I made that year - one was from Vietnam and the other from Chile.

I often see the like in those from a higher socioeconomic status. They feel that they are "better" than almost everyone though. Especially those who were not raised with wealth and are not comfortable in it.

Thankyou, karissamanno5. yeah that's what I mean. That explains why i loved living in Washington DC. DC area is plenty of diverse people.

I think everyone is making valid points. I honestly think that it has much more to do with humility than anything else. Not saying that white people aren't humble, that would be ridiculous. I totally understand Bott's thought process because it makes perfect, rational sense. I just feel that no one is being oppressed at this time (racially speaking). I think that you're going to find people of all ethnicities who will need a slice of humble pie. Maybe it's just the demographic whites in your area that are like that. Either way, it's horrendously rude.

Wow...I just read all of the posts on this thread and it is amazing that you guys basically all say the same thing. That's really interesting. What jerks!

Umm, it is uncertain to answer at your OP question...it depends on what kind of situation with which human race...as for the attitude problems from human race....I do not see or notice whites that make more bad attitudes toward me (myself as white too) but as for being threatened by, attacked by, and have obvious attitude/behavior problem towards me oftentimes by is, well, blacks...the demographic? Everywhere in U.S. that I had been to.

I think it depends entirely on regional and demographic data.

In midwest, it seems that white folks are much more friendlier than non-white ones. Maybe its because from where I grew up, my town was like 90%% white, while rest 10% are either mexican or asian, no black. Not sure exactly why... coincidence?

I had an opportunity to experience the cultural shock of living in very diverse city. So diverse so I can't tell which race is more likely to be rude. Three week ago, I got robbed by two black male at rustic village. I am trying hard not to let that affect my perspective of black people in Rochester.

I think other oppressed groups have more empathy and don't want to hurt other people in the ways that they have been hurt.

Not sure about that.......

from what I have seen, oppressed groups tend to be more aggressive.

I think it depends entirely on regional and demographic data.

In midwest, white folks are much more friendlier than non-white ones. Maybe its because from where I grew up, my town was like 90%% white, while rest 10% are either mexican or asian. Not sure exactly why... coincidence?

I had an opportunity to experience the cultural shock of living in very diverse city. So diverse so I can't tell which race is more likely to be rude. Three week ago, I got robbed by two black male at rustic village. I am trying hard not to let that affect my perspective of black people in Rochester.

Social conditions are often difficult for many to avoid.

Back