HTC Mogul 6800

traciedowell

Reaction score
Does anyone have one of these bad boys? I got mine a few days ago and it is SWEET. Because it has Windows on it, I can browse the Internet with IE and check my gmail account easily all day long. I love it.

I didn't have a PDA/Smartphone before so this is a real adjustment for me but I am loving it! It has a touch screen and the screen slides up so you can type easily on a nice sized keyboard.

Sprint calls this phone the "Mogul" and Verizon calls it the "VX6800." I use Verizon service with it and the Internet really does surf pretty fast. The email is what I got it for. My mom and I used to text each other a lot but now we can just email each other. It's convenient for sure. My husband used to have a Sidekick but now he got one like mine too. They are very nice but also pretty expensive. I got mine on Ebay for $380 shipped. If I would've bought it from Verizon, it would've been $424. That's what my husband paid.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has this phone or is thinking about getting one. ;)

Congrats, you got one from ebay, that is awesome deal! Unfortunately I am not huge fan of WM, (because I don't knowledge about WM).

Did you know that 8525, Tite (i don't know spell right), wing, and Mogul are same family?

My question is Your device can running youtube?

Hey XBGMR, yes we have a thread about playing youtube videos on WM. I have it working on my phone with a software install.

Does anyone have one of these bad boys? I got mine a few days ago and it is SWEET. Because it has Windows on it, I can browse the Internet with IE and check my gmail account easily all day long. I love it.

I didn't have a PDA/Smartphone before so this is a real adjustment for me but I am loving it! It has a touch screen and the screen slides up so you can type easily on a nice sized keyboard.

Sprint calls this phone the "Mogul" and Verizon calls it the "VX6800." I use Verizon service with it and the Internet really does surf pretty fast. The email is what I got it for. My mom and I used to text each other a lot but now we can just email each other. It's convenient for sure. My husband used to have a Sidekick but now he got one like mine too. They are very nice but also pretty expensive. I got mine on Ebay for $380 shipped. If I would've bought it from Verizon, it would've been $424. That's what my husband paid.

I'd like to hear from anyone who has this phone or is thinking about getting one. ;)

I have Sprint Mogul and it's okay, there's pros and cons.

I had mixed feeling on this phone, pros is more feature than SK, offers to install third party apps, tethering to laptop and longer battery life, cons is 64 MB RAM (att tilt is 128 MB RAM, also more RAM will make run so better and not shut all apps due memory leak) and some stable issues with WM6, even some apps are poor written, don't buy apps without try on trial and wma format on WMP has driver issue like choppier video.

This phone indeed worth than I was expected and you can try it for 30 days, if you don't satisfied with this phone then you can exchange to other phone or return for refund.

XBGMER, Yup, it's called HTC, that popular design for Pocket PC.

Congrats, you got one from ebay, that is awesome deal! Unfortunately I am not huge fan of WM, (because I don't knowledge about WM).

Did you know that 8525, Tite (i don't know spell right), wing, and Mogul are same family?

My question is Your device can running youtube?

AT&T Tilt

I had mixed feeling on this phone, pros is more feature than SK, offers to install third party apps, tethering to laptop and longer battery life, cons is 64 MB RAM (att tilt is 128 MB RAM, also more RAM will make run so better and not shut all apps due memory leak) and some stable issues with WM6, even some apps are poor written, don't buy apps without try on trial and wma format on WMP has driver issue like choppier video.

This phone indeed worth than I was expected and you can try it for 30 days, if you don't satisfied with this phone then you can exchange to other phone or return for refund.

Yes, it does need to be beefed up with additional RAM and the third party apps are cool. You can download .CAB files to install on your phone which makes it act like the Apple IPhone. Neat.

I think they are working on WM7 now. Can't wait to see it. As far as youtube videos, I will try that.

PAC, I was thought that you returned it for good , because you got frustrated with it and even not happy with it. thats what you talked me via IM. but I might be misunderstand thru your conversations. (forgive me), smile.

AT&T Tilt
GrayP. Million thanks for spell correct! I really apperciate it, :D ...Once thanks!

PAC, I was thought that you returned it for good , because you got frustrated with it and even not happy with it. thats what you talked me via IM. but I might be misunderstand thru your conversations. (forgive me), smile.

GrayP. Million thanks for spell correct! I really apperciate it, :D ...Once thanks!

Supposed to be so then I had other chance to try other phone with WM6 and won't get iPhone until 2 years when Intel Atom come out in 2009 and would save alot of battery, also I have wait for tethering support on iPhone too, I must have tethering to my laptop on road or anywhere that has no internet.

sprint mogul is nice. it is almost same type as at&t tilt which i currently have. at&t tilt has more ROM than spring mogul's ROM. two years ago i had same plm with my old 8125 that had 64mb RAM which wasnt enough memory to run smoothly. it delayed some times when several applications were activited. Tilt has 254mb ROM and 128mb RAM. it runs much better...

if your mobile has low memory, keep checking on your mobile's memory that has lists of which applications are activited. or keep cleaning these cookies or browsing history on IE.

for anyone who has HTC device - check on HTC Smartphone Wiki - HTC - it has good info, softwares, and tips.

Back