Howdy!

Izzit Ann Izzit

Reaction score
Wouldn't you know it? The only thing I can hear really clearly is the booming bass of the TV on the other side of the wall to my room from whatever TV show my roomies are watching. They must be watching Explosions and Greater Explosions 2 or something.

Hi! I'm really hard of hearing, it started from a tooth infection wouldn't you know it, and Ive been looking for a forum or online community so I finally did it. Nice to meet you all!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum! :)

It happened to one of my hearing friends. She woke up and her hearing was about 85% gone. What she could hear, sounded absolutely awkward...her ears felt like they were full of cotton and everything she could hear was muffled. Her doctor put her on a z-pack and it did absolutely nothing for her. The doctor put her on something else (levaquin, I believe), and it did absolutely nothing for her. She told me that she went to the dentist and he took x-rays and discovered that she had an infected tooth. He put her on penicillin and tylenol with codeine for the pain, and told her to stop taking aspirin and other pain medications and just take the tylenol with codeine. After about a week she started to regain some of her hearing. It's been several weeks since she've been on the penicillin and tylenol with codeine, but she have also stopped taking other pain medications to avoid having an overdose on them. Right now her hearing is at about 70 to 75% of what it was prior to the day she woke up with her hearing problems. Her high range hearing is gone and she can no longer hear things like drum cymbals, tambourines and wind chimes when listening to music, nor keys or loose change jingling. At this point she has no idea if this is permanent, but I certainly hope not... however she has no doubt that her tooth infection caused this, and she will be having either a root canal done or having the tooth yanked, next week.... she doesn't know how long it will take for her hearing to be back at 100% or if if it will even return to the way it used to. Maybe it will take a several months to get her hearing back to normal. Who knows?

Wow, really, from a tooth infection? Well I'll be! How have you been handling that?

Anywho, welcome to the forum :D This place is great.

Back