Howdy y'all....new to forum, and hoping for advice for CI children

ForCale

Reaction score
Howdy to all! I am a proud mother of a 4 yr old named Cale! We found out a month before his 3rd birthday that he was unable to hear. He has a condition called auditory neuropathy. Wow, that was a huge shock, and the feeling we had of-why didn't we know sooner???? He was first implanted in June of 2010, and by November 2010 we where back in surgery for hi second CI. There are so many questions we have, and we hope by finding this forum, we can get some answers!
I look forward to talking to everyone in chats and blogs!
Robyn M:wave:

Welcome Robyn, and a special wave to Cale!

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Have fun reading and posting all the threads here. See you around here. :wave:

Welcome! There are a lot of threads here, some raveled and worn, others bright and shiny. ;-) There is a Parenting topic which you may enjoy. Feel free to poke around and read and post here and there, whatever sparks your interest.

How is Cale doing with his implants? Hope all is well for you and your family.

Great and glad you got him implanted at an early age. It will take a little time but he will be fine. I'm one of the older ones here age wise not site wise and just got second CI a couple of months ago. They are fantastic and while things may sound a little different to us, we get used to it and it is natural. Where he has never heard, all will be natural to him. As for me I'm getting to the point that I can listen to TV w/o additional aids and understanding probably 95% of what is said. That is at a volume that wife says is about average/normal. Good luck and please keep posting on progress or anything else you wish to share.

Welcome. Some kids with AN, don't respond to HA's, and have very few hearing moments, so a CI works for them. Not sure how but yeah. Read it somewhere

Back