Howdy from Oklahoma

Jasmine4lakshmi

Reaction score
Hello everyone. How are you today? This seems like a great community. Allow me to introduce my goofy self. :wave:

My name is DeAnne. I am 25 and live in little, charming Amish town in Oklahoma. Chouteau is an Amish community and is known for being the home of The Dutch Pantry; the restaurant serves a buffet of fresh hand made Amish food.

I am hearing impaired and wear hearing aids in both of my ears. I do not know sign language but I am dying to learn. I lip read most of the time.

Before I moved from Tulsa, I was a college student working on my associates in Business at Community Care College and working full time at Atwoods in Owasso. In order to finish my degree, living in a small town, I chose The University of Phoenix to accomplish that goal. I’m excited to begin classes again and have classmates even if they are virtual ones.

Since Im no longer employed with Atwoods, I am now a DSP which stands for Direct Support Personnel. My job is to assist individuals with developmental disabilities function in every day life. The goal is to support them in becoming as independent as possible. I had never worked in the field before but I quickly realized I'd enjoy the job and find it rewarding. There's nothing more satisfying in witnessing the overcoming of challenges the individuals I care for are faced with on a daily basis.

Enough about me, I would love to get to know you guys better.

Last edited:
Welcome to AllDeaf from a hearing impaired Iowan. We have a big Amish community in Iowa too. Hope you enjoy your stay. :)

Hello everyone. How are you today? This seems like a great community. Allow me to introduce my goofy self. :wave:

My name is DeAnne. I am 25 and live in little, charming Amish town in Oklahoma. Chouteau is an Amish community and is known for being the home of The Dutch Pantry; the restaurant serves a buffet of fresh hand made Amish food.

I am hearing impaired and wear hearing aids in both of my ears. I do not know sign language but I am dying to learn. I lip read most of the time.

Before I moved from Tulsa, I was a college student working on my associates in Business at Community Care College and working full time at Atwoods in Owasso. In order to finish my degree, living in a small town, I chose The University of Phoenix to accomplish that goal. I’m excited to begin classes again and have classmates even if they are virtual ones.

Since Im no longer employed with Atwoods, I am now a DSP which stands for Direct Support Personnel. My job is to assist individuals with developmental disabilities function in every day life. The goal is to support them in becoming as independent as possible. I had never worked in the field before but I quickly realized I'd enjoy the job and find it rewarding. There's nothing more satisfying in witnessing the overcoming of challenges the individuals I care for are faced with on a daily basis.

Welcome to AD have fun posting on this intresting site, enjoy! And good luck with your studies!

:welcome: to AD, I hope you enjoy it here and always feel free to be Goofy because that is the fun way to be. :wave:

:welcome: to AD! Good luck with your studies! :)

Thank you for the Welcome

Thank you guys so much for the welcome. How is your day going? Mine's terreble. LOL..

:welcome: to AllDeaf forum. Very interesting about the Amish community and the Amish restaurant that give out fresh Amish food to the customers. I hope you enjoy reading and posting all the threads here. Have fun with us. See you around. :wave:

Hi and welcome to alldeaf. This is a lovely bunch of people and yes, some of us are also goofy so you should fit right in.
NC doesn't have a lot of Amish folk but we do have Menonites (which I understand is an off shoot of the Amish faith?) But, if the Amish food is as good as the Menonite's restaurant we have here...count me in!

Hi and welcome to alldeaf. This is a lovely bunch of people and yes, some of us are also goofy so you should fit right in.
NC doesn't have a lot of Amish folk but we do have Menonites (which I understand is an off shoot of the Amish faith?) But, if the Amish food is as good as the Menonite's restaurant we have here...count me in!

The food is delicious! My bestfriend used to work at the Dutch Pantry, she snuck cookies. lol.

Welcome to All Deaf. Do feel free to post and ask anywhere on here. :wave:

Hi and :welcome: to AD! Enjoy being with us on this fun forum. :)

Back