How would you handle this situation

set2

Reaction score
I share a house with someone who does not work because they are on SSI. Well, I have to get up and go to work and have my bed shaking alarm clock set for 6 am. You probably already guessed that this person has complained about the alarm clock. This is the alarm clock I need so I can get up and go to work! i was in tears yesterday and I am still thinking about what I need to do. BTW, I do not wear my CIs when I go to bed as I have been told it is not a good thing to do.
Any suggestions??? I am being overly sensitive??

Last edited by a moderator:
More info. pls....does this roomate share the bed with you?

And no, you are not being overly sensitive!...You're a responsible person, getting to work on time.....

I share a house with someone who does not work because they are on SSI. Well, I have to get up and go to work and have my bed shaking alarm clock set for 6 am. You probably already guessed that this person has complained about the alarm clock. This is the alarm clock I need so I can get up and go to work! i was in tears yesterday and I am still thinking about what I need to do. BTW, I do not wear my CIs when I go to bed as I have been told it is not a good thing to do.

Tell this person. You're a lazy piece of crap just sitting collecting SSI. Quit moaning about alarm clock. Enjoy life being lazy and living off people's taxes.

If you are not sharing a bed, use the vibrator part of the alarm clock, it is not noisy as long as it is between the mattress & box spring.

p.s. Tell that person that you are paying for his/her SSI by going to work, and if he/she doesn't like it, too bad.

I agree, more information is needed. Why are they complaining about a bed shaker? Where are they sleeping in relation to you? Are they deaf and complaining about feeling the shaker as well? Are they hearing and you inadvertently have the alarm volume up or are they complaining about hearing the shaker vibrations?

If they are complaining about the alarm volume, that can be easily solved. Anything else... they need to shut up and recognize the world doesn't revolve around them.

It's obviously that he is sleeping with her...if he sleeping on the couch, he wouldn't feel a thing. If he is on SSI, he must be deaf.... and have to be next to the bed shaker. Just my wild guess....

Ok.. now he complain about waking him up in the morning, tell him TIME TO CLEAN UP THE PLACE!!! Dish washing, vacuum the floor, wash clothes, clean up dust! Check if need oil change, call to make appt for dentist, food shopping, wash cars and so on!! If he's being a lazy ass... you know what to do.

My partner complains she can "hear" the bed shaker but she understands that i dont really have any other choice if i want to be woken up for work in the morning. Maybe you should tell them to be more understanding since you have a job

My partner complains she can "hear" the bed shaker but she understands that i dont really have any other choice if i want to be woken up for work in the morning. Maybe you should tell them to be more understanding since you have a job

Yeah.. job is a life line....

yes you are being overly-sensitive. you should try to be strong and reaffirm the fact that you have a job and your partner doesn't so your needs is more important since your partner can sleep all day when you go to work.

also... I would encourage you to... I dunno... break up with that partner because it sounds like that person is a deadweight to you. maybe I'm being too harsh :lol: probably cuz I've never dated a girl who did not have a job.

HI all!

Thanks for the feedback. First of all I am female and ewww, we are not sharing a bed because the other person is my brother(gag). We are sharing the family home. I am single, have a good job and caved to pressure. All I am going to say is that the fool put himself on SSI.

I switched to another alarm that can be set for vibrate only,the other alarm had no way to set it for vibrate only. I feel I have done my part. If there are any more complaints, I am going to be strong and tell brother dearest to just deal with the alarm. GEEZ, most people are up by 6:30. If he does not change then I am out of there!

Back