How Were You Purposed Too?

C.C.Sinned

Reaction score
On this thread. Lets share our stories of how you or your loved one popped the question...
I'll go first ok...

I started on Valentines Day. I gave her a dozen roses & a huge box of candy. Every day after Valentines Day. I would give her a gift. As each day passed. The gifts would decrease in size & value. They were gifts Like teddy bears, heart shaped mug & candy. I would hide them on her so the gift were a surprize every day. This lasted unti Feb 28th.
On the 28th I took her away for a 3 day weekend. At a Lovers Resort in the Pocono Moutains PA. The room had fireplace, heart shaped jucuzzi tub. steam room, swimming pool & a king size bed. I brought her there as a complete surprize. I had been doing her laundry. So I packed without her knowing & made sure her work place gave her off for the week end.
We arrived at 3 PM. I told her I was there for a job interview. So she was in total shock when I told her we were there for the week end. She didn't notice the suitcases in the back of the car under a blanket. She started crying with joy when we walked into the room. I brought in our bags & a large box. Then we went for a nude swim in the pool. While swimming I excused myself to use the bathroom. I pulled in the large box into the bathroom. I dressed in my costume. Then I yelled for her to turn out the lights. She did then I stepped out of the bathroom. I asked her to turn the lights back on. When the lights came on. I was standing dressed as a knight in shinning armour. Complete with sword shield & helmet. Well I had to make the costume myself. So it was a little goofy looking. She started laughing at me!!! She thought I was trying some real kinky role playing!!! She hit the floor laughing. As I started to recite a poem I wrote myself. It said how much she meant to me. Then from behind the shield I pulled out a silver heart shaped box. The words ingraved on it were "I'll Love You With Every Beat Of My Heart I Swear". I handed her the box as I said the last lines of the poem. "They say Diamonds are forever, Will you spend forever with me?" She said YES before she opened the box. When she opened the box she saw there were 2 rings inside. A 3 stone diamond ring & a ruby ring...
We made love, went for a swim & made love again.
We went to dinner that night. She showed off her rings as her cocktail & dessert arrived. I stole the cherry from her drink. She offered me a taste of her lemon pie. I didn't want any pie. So she said "You'll steal my cherry but you will not taste my pie?" She didn't realize the way that sounded till all the nieghboring tables started laughing...
Well thats my story... Whats Yours?
:thumb:

I was engaged twice by two different former boyfriends, One of my former boyfriend purposed me on sweetest day we went to a nice Italian restaurant on sweetest's day where I reserved for months for us to go since that place was a popular Italian restaurant. We had some wine and spaghetti dinner and I went up to go to the bathroom and came back there was a desert with a black box near my desert, I was surprised didn't know what to expected. I open it up and it was a engement ring. I cried of course and he got on his knees in front of everyone OMG! I was blushing the whole time. He said along a line that I was it for him and that he wouldn't have a life if it wasn't for me. That was sweet of course then he said "Will you marry me?" I jumped up and said Yes, Yes, Yes!! LOL a year later we planned on getting married which in the summer time. But, on sweetest day of the year after that I came home early from work to just to be with him and surprised him, I found out he wasn't alone. My heart sank for the first time ever with anyone I've been with. He was the love of my life until he screwed that up by cheating. :(

Now another former boyfriend purposed to me when I was pregnant with his child 3 months. It was the day on my birthday I woke up we were planning on going over my grandparent house for Angel and My birthday. I woke up went in the bathroom and took a shower and got out of the shower and My boyfriend said he has a birthday present for me. I opened it and it was an engagement ring, Asked me to marry him, I freaked out at first because of what happened in the past with my other former boyfriend who did the same thing. So I told him I would give him an answer when the time is right, But the time isn't right at this moment. I want him to love me for me, Not because I'm carrying his child. He understood and after being together for 2 years before Markus was born, He hit bottom became alcoholic, I realized that the matters became worse, He refused to get help with his problem it became a disease for him his behavor started to fall became meaner and after Markus was born he was never around to help with our child, He spend most of his time with his buddies hitting bars all through the night. I realized that isn't what I want in a guy or a future with a guy who has issues. So I decide to leave him. I guess you could say that I haven't had better lucks with guys beside going after the wrong type.

My husband and I used to go to this little coffee shop not too far from where he used to live...they had terrific coffee (back then, I didn't drink coffee...I do now though!) and hot chocolate for me...we used to go there, sit and chat...and it was the place where he says he first noticed my eyes and how much he loved them... :)

So he proposed to me there, July 1, 1999. :) We got married on April 27, 2001.

Sad to say, the coffee shop is no longer there. :( What a shame. Starbucks has risen and is now our fave place to get Venti Mochas.

:giggle:

I met my hearing husband in college in '94 through the vax (computer). After I graduated I went back home while he was finishing up his last year. After he graduated in '98 he found the job near my home. It took about year to get settled. We drove 150 miles to visit his mother's house for Thanksgiving weekend in '99. After dinner, he proposed me in front of his mom. :ugh2:

Well, here we are today, married since June 24, 2001. :thumb:

Katzie said:
We drove 150 miles to visit his mother's house for Thanksgiving weekend in '99. After dinner, he proposed me in front of his mom. :ugh2:

what a DORK way of proposing!!! (snickering) :rofl:

MWAH!!! :D

Katzie said:
:rofl: I KNOW! Though I loved that DORK and still love him today!

:giggle:

And I agree with Feistychick your husband is good looking one along with being a hottie too....
mwink.gif

FeistyChick said:
:-o

you mean while he was ERM... TAKING A DUMP?? :rofl:

I doubt it. I think it occured during taking a long passionate shower or bath together. :gossip: Heh

Meg said:
I doubt it. I think it occured during taking a long passionate shower or bath together. :gossip: Heh

yea.. that's a possibility.. guess we will have to wait for her response!! heh.. :gossip: :naughty:

Meg said:
I cant wait to hear her explanation! :rofl:

hey D O W N I N G!!! (echoing!) get your butt in here and tell us your story on how he popped the big q in the "sticky" or "steamy" bathroom!!! :D

C.C.Sinned, a question for you. Where did you get the courage from? I am trying to picture myself proposing Nas and I realize that I cannot... I mean, I am very shy and afraid of her answer, "no".

So.. how did you do that anyway? Get bit drunk or something? (joke) ;)

Magatsu said:
C.C.Sinned, a question for you. Where did you get the courage from? I am trying to picture myself proposing Nas and I realize that I cannot... I mean, I am very shy and afraid of her answer, "no".

So.. how did you do that anyway? Get bit drunk or something? (joke) ;)
Magatsu, when you love some one. You just have to take the risk. Ask yourself can I be without this person. "Fear causes hesitation & hesitation can make your worst fears come true". - from the movie Point Break.
Personally I couldn't picture my life with out her. She completed me & made me feel whole. I didn't feel empty inside any more. I didn't know if she would say yes or not. I just couldn't be without her in my life forever. So I had to ask. Planned it. Then did it. There are 4 days in my life that I will never forget or regret in any way... 2 of those days I will admit I cried in joy...
1. The day She said YES
2. Our WEDDING
3. When I found out I was going to be a DAD
4. My Son's Birth

Just do it!!! :thumb:

C.C. Sinned, your advice does sound good. I guess I can try what you said whenever I feel that is time for both of us to dive bit deeper into our relationship.

Many thanks!

Back