How we can lose weigh?

Milwaukee

Reaction score
Ok it about our Sam, 4 years old yellow lab that weigh over 105 lb.

But to us it look normal. Several people threat us that we are kill our dog by let him weigh that so much.

It hard when we try get him stay outside he would run couple mins then sit on yard until we courage him to run again.

His favorite activity is sleep in my room all days.

We try walk to park several times so we done with that it isn't work and he rather stay home play with tennis ball or his toys.

Maybe try changing his diet to one that is for overweight dogs. Your veterinarian would be a good person to find out which foods to buy. If you've already done that, have his thyroid tested. His thyroid might be underactive.

Our poodle is just like that. We can't make her lose weight. If we try giving less or diet food, she steals from the other dogs.

SHe is always on the lookout for food and poodles tend to have thyroid problems.

Maybe you vet could give tips?
'

I think a good suggestion would take your dog swimming in a pool with a person assisting him/her swimming to be sure. It is a good exercise for the dog while relieving stress on the joints and it does help burn lot of calories, etc.

If the dogs have hypothyroidism, they will need thyroid medications to regulate them. Only then, they can lose the extra weight.

Our vet gave us a prescription diet. You have to have the prescription to buy the food. My dog started limping--too much weight on bow legs. She's the kind of dog that tends to gain weight. Now, she's doing great. No more limping. Now, I feed her regular weight maintenance dog food.

The other part of the equation is exercise. More walks and trips to the dog park. My dogs run at the dog park and come home exhausted. Such fun!

Don't feel guilty about the dog's weight. I was guilty of loving my dog with food and not realizing how much weight she had gained. You can slim the dogs down again.

Good luck!

yeah one of my dogs has that issue as well... mostly because she likes being lazy! ha but what I have done is put her on a smaller food diet plus I try to get her to go on walks as much as possible! Some days she doesn't even like walks so I take the ball with me and throw that around for a while... its work because at her most resent doctor visit she lost 4 lbs!

Ok it about our Sam, 4 years old yellow lab that weigh over 105 lb.

But to us it look normal. Several people threat us that we are kill our dog by let him weigh that so much.

It hard when we try get him stay outside he would run couple mins then sit on yard until we courage him to run again.

His favorite activity is sleep in my room all days.

We try walk to park several times so we done with that it isn't work and he rather stay home play with tennis ball or his toys.

Yellow lab love to eat! If you're giving tablescraps to your dog that is really bad. I was at the vet and I read if a dog eat one hotdog with a roll it would be the same as us eat 4 and 1/2 hamburgers! You should talk to your vet about your dog diet , there are a lot of dog food for over weight dogs.
Does your dog like to swim, that would be a great way to exercise your dog ,
it would easer on the dog joints . You could throw a toy into the water and have your dog get it! Most labs love to do this for hours!

Our poodle is just like that. We can't make her lose weight. If we try giving less or diet food, she steals from the other dogs.

SHe is always on the lookout for food and poodles tend to have thyroid problems.

Maybe you vet could give tips?
'

I just heard on the news tonight that poodle can get diabete more than other breeds of dogs. There were a few breeds but I have a poodle too and
took a note of that. My poodle weight is fine but he love to steal food! And he is always getting into the kitchen sink to lick the dishes! He get away with it as I can't hear him doing this!

sounds like a thyroid problem. My lab is 9 and acts the same if I don't give him his pills. Get your dog on the medication asap cause all that weight will cause a lot of problems over the next few years. Mine has very severe arthritis in his back knees and it was made worse becaus he was overweight like yours.

I recommend take him to the vet for a better understanding about your dog's situation. I hope your dog is overall in good condition.

Labrador retrievers are notorious for weight problems. In most cases, it's just that they need to exercise and a controlled diet, but that's not always the case.

Labrador retrievers are notorious for weight problems. In most cases, it's just that they need to exercise and a controlled diet, but that's not always the case.

I heard about a lab that got a hold of a 20 pounds bag dog food and ate the whole bag in one sitting! It had to rush to the vet!

I don't know if the OP (Milwaukee) will be back to read this, he posted this half a year ago.

Daily exercise with the dog should be done in common sense. Take him with you on your daily 1 hour walk, or jog if you must.

I heard about a lab that got a hold of a 20 pounds bag dog food and ate the whole bag in one sitting! It had to rush to the vet!

I can believe that. I have a yellow lab named Mugs. One time she ate a whole tray of homemade pizza... and didn't even throw up. That was years ago.

The breed itself is known to be very active, they require a lot of exercise.

Loosing weight can be really easy if you are willing to spend time each day working on it! I have many clients wanting to loose weight as well and some find it hard to workout everyday but some manage to squeeze in some time each and every day and they are see the most progress! So the most important tip I can give you all is to spend some time each and every day working out, keep it consistent, and slowly increase your intensity level so that you are constantly challenged! I didn't really give you just one tip but I really want to help you all loose that weight... if any of you have any questions for me please do ask

P.S. I know you are talking about your dog but its the same with animals as well...

Thanks and Good Luck,
~John

I can believe that. I have a yellow lab named Mugs. One time she ate a whole tray of homemade pizza... and didn't even throw up. That was years ago.

The breed itself is known to be very active, they require a lot of exercise.

Wow, my dog ate half a slice of prizza and threw it up , he a is Poople.
Years ago my dad put our two dogs in the back porch while we went out to eat. The butcher came to the house with some meat my dad ordered and left it with the dogs! It was steaks and roast beef . When we got back home our dogs were passed out and their bellies was full of meat! They had a blast ,my dad was B S at the butcher for leaving the meat with the dogs.

Back