How visual are you?

fyborg

Reaction score
I, as a deaf person, rely heavily on my eyesight to get the right cues and to navigate the world--even though I have a CI!

Today, I saw a clover design on a lottery ticket my father got, and it wasn't until I pointed it out to him that he noticed!

So the question is, how much do you rely on your eyes and how much do you observe?

I'm a very visual person, but I think it's because I'm an artist - I draw, paint, use photoshop, etc.

:lol: Do you use your eyes to "listen in" (or "see in" would be more accurate) to people's conservations?

I'm guilty of that, all the time.:ugh3:

Eh yeah, if I know I can get away with it, I do. This is why most people, when they need to speak to someone privately, they ask the other person to come with them out into a hallway, around a corner, somewhere out of sight...so no one else can see.

If I'm not very intrested in a class and it's a easy one, I find staring a hole in the textbook aleviates boredom--yet another example of my eyes to the rescue!

But of course! :)

Do you find it easier to draw because you rely on your eyes so much? (I'm okay...I don't embarrass myself drawing, at least)

But of course! :)

Do you find it easier to draw because you rely on your eyes so much? (I'm okay...I don't embarrass myself drawing, at least)

Yes!

If you like, you can look at my artwork, click on the "deviantart" link in my signature. I have a lot more drawings that just haven't been scanned yet, though. :)

You do feature eyes a lot...I like your photos!

I wonder, when you doodle, do you doodle eyes? I find myself doing so...even though my rational side of the brain wants to move on to another subject!

You do feature eyes a lot...I like your photos!

I wonder, when you doodle, do you doodle eyes? I find myself doing so...even though my rational side of the brain wants to move on to another subject!

Sometimes.

Thanks! :)

Yep, I am very visual. However, I am noticing that I can focus on hearing more and more and tune in like the hearing. But the bottomline, I know that I am visual because I remember names much better visually (like a name tag) far better if I just heard it a couple of times. If you want something spoken repeated verbatum, I am not the guy to ask...:D I can give you an accurate gist of it though;)...

I remember better if I see it or if I write it...hearing things doesn't really work for me...

I'm hoh and I hear with my eyes and see with my ears. My eyes could be better, but not too bad. I combine my ears and eyes to work together, which works well for me. It's difficult at first but if you concentrate a lot, then it becomes easier. This helps me out with everything; it makes me a better interpreter because I don't have to think as much about watching and listening at the same time. Hope that made sense... it kind of does to me...

Back