How To Spot Abusive Relationships!

I'm jumping in & changing direction a little bit.. but seems like good place to ask question about what happened to me on a date.. it really bother me, I feel like maybe I over react or it is a red flag for real.. need second opinions.

I went on a date with a man, we met a couple times before but this was our first "real date". He took me to a baseball game, my first time ever. I was excited and started to sign something during the game, he pushed my hands down.. (he is hearing and "new" to deaf culture) I was shocked but hmm oh well.

On way home(he drove) we stopped at a gas station. We got to joking a little bit back and forth.. suddenly(cannot remember what I said right before this) he said to me "you're old!" in kind of serious looking face.. I joked back well you are older than me(he is, I am 37 and he 40.. three years, no big deal right?) he went quiet and then said with face not obviously teasing or joking: "youre fat!" (I am not obese, but am like 16-20 pounds over perfect skinny body).. I was totally shocked, jaw open and just stare at his face.. a bit of pause... he then said "well, you are!" again with not obviously joke face and at that time I still said nothing.. way too shocked at his reaction.. at that time gas was filled & we start on our way again.. was so quiet for several miles on freeway then he start talking about other small things like nothing happen.. Really confused me! Is that a possible red flag for verbal abuser?

Yessss .... It's RED flag!!! He does verbal abuses. He sounds a jerk! If I were you, I would drop him immediately! It doesn't matter if he's hearing or not. No one should say things like that to anyone! Period!!!

Is that a possible red flag for verbal abuser?

I'm jumping in & changing direction a little bit.. but seems like good place to ask question about what happened to me on a date.. it really bother me, I feel like maybe I over react or it is a red flag for real.. need second opinions.

I went on a date with a man, we met a couple times before but this was our first "real date". He took me to a baseball game, my first time ever. I was excited and started to sign something during the game, he pushed my hands down.. (he is hearing and "new" to deaf culture) I was shocked but hmm oh well.

On way home(he drove) we stopped at a gas station. We got to joking a little bit back and forth.. suddenly(cannot remember what I said right before this) he said to me "you're old!" in kind of serious looking face.. I joked back well you are older than me(he is, I am 37 and he 40.. three years, no big deal right?) he went quiet and then said with face not obviously teasing or joking: "youre fat!" (I am not obese, but am like 16-20 pounds over perfect skinny body).. I was totally shocked, jaw open and just stare at his face.. a bit of pause... he then said "well, you are!" again with not obviously joke face and at that time I still said nothing.. way too shocked at his reaction.. at that time gas was filled & we start on our way again.. was so quiet for several miles on freeway then he start talking about other small things like nothing happen.. Really confused me! Is that a possible red flag for verbal abuser?

I dump the jerk if he making nasty remarks about how you look or about your age or something like that does raise the red flag. I hate it when men are so shallow and verbal abusive.

Yep, I concur with others.

He doesn't have, well, no man, any right to call a woman fat. And the way he stopped you signing is a big red flag because I believe it's a form of control, but I could be wrong.

Basically, you deserve better than that jerk. Don't go out with him.

Yep, I concur with others.

He doesn't have, well, no man, any right to call a woman fat. And the way he stopped you signing is a big red flag because I believe it's a form of control, but I could be wrong.

Basically, you deserve better than that jerk. Don't go out with him.

I probaby have all my cousins that are italian males break the guy knee caps tsk tsk

BIG BIG DUMP on him! please.... He isnt right guy for ya..He SHOULD not treat ya like that way.

:afro:

M-

Back