How To Spot Abusive Relationships!

GarnetTigerMom

Reaction score

What marks and abusive relationship? First and foremost, abusers have a certain language and a certain pattern of behaviors. The abuser will never take the sole resposability for his or her actions. What underlines the abusers behaviors i will speak of further in the passage, but first let me evaluate the laguage and signs of the typical abuser. for example: “Because I said so.”

“It’s your fault.”
“I don’t want you talking to/seeing her.”
“I’ll tell you what to do.”
“You’re not going out of the house looking like that.”
“You don’t need to know.”
“I handle the money.”
“You know what your problem is?”
“This is for your own good.”
“Shut up!”

Name callingThese are just a few of the words that an abuser would use to intimidate and degrade the person who is being abused. One of the most obvious things that the abuser is afraid of is being left alone to themselves. Abusers need someone around to abuse, degrade and neglect. Without his or her scapegoat around then the abuser is faced with themselves; and is forced to see the real hidden agenda or the masked individual and that is their Inner turmoil. Appearances aside, the verbally abusive individual is broken internally. The identity they present to the world, and often to themselves, is a facade. Abusers tend to have little or no clue that they have a problem. Although they may admit to occasionally losing their cool or getting loud, they are very, very good at defending their misbehavior and adept at pointing out how they were provoked to behave in an angry way. the abuser is not as loose minded as some would think. The abuser is a preditor and will seek out ways to try and manipulate a person and make them seem crazy. The pattern is typical: abusers justify their displays of anger or disrespect by blaming the partner. The spouse, usually over-responsible, emotional, and codependent, has, in fact, acted out–and is likely to concedeWhat is necessary in a relationship the abuser or abusers do not posses. it is one thing to attack a person who is physically and emotionally doing something to you but it is another thing to attack a person becuase they are to good to you. Abusers hate the idea of allowing someone to get to close to them becuase that would mean they are open to getting hurt. A healthy relationship is reciprocal. Each partner must possess a measure of healthy self-acceptance and acceptance of the other. It is mutually understood that there is a constant give and take, with ongoing sacrifice and concession, each partner knowing that their giving will eventually be returned. pattern development is something that occurs once a person has been abused for so long. they tend to start fighting back in the same manner as the abuser! this leads to other comlications such as self blaming.Blaming onesself in the abusive relationship is often very easy to do instead of yelling and arguing back at the person who is abusing them. the abuser is now caught in a very self-loathing abusive pool. When the abuser points the finger right away the victim says “im sorry i should not have done that” instead of saying ” its your fault as well.” Abusers will not sympathise with the person they are abusing because its themselves that they hate. The abuser hates the fact that the other person is well off and they want them to feel the same emotional toil the they do. Recently doctors have acknowledged something called “battered womens syndrome” Which invokes temporary insanity! instead of the women getting treated long term they are deemed insane and are therefore pushed to the side.

Why does the abused remain victims?

1. For the children: Women may believe that any father is better than no father at all. She may lose custody of her children or cause emotional or physical harm to her children if she tries to leave.2. For financial reasons: She may have no financial resources, access to the resources or job kills. If she has children, it becomes more difficult to leave without having the ability to get affordable housing, transportation, etc.3. Fear of retaliation: When a woman makes a decision to leave an abusive relationship, her chances of being seriously physically hurt of killed increases 75%. Many times she has been told by her partner that if she leaves, her partner will hunt her down and kill her and the children.4. Religious reasons: Many times a woman will stay in a relationship because of religious beliefs. If she leaves or divorces her partner, her religious community may ostracize her.

In conclusion, Abusive relationships are codependent and need one half of another person to be put into full blow. The abusers have inner most issues that are neglected and or just plain ignored. The victims in the abusive relationships fail to realize its them who are not doing the abuse but are very sick indeed.

Yeah, I had this experience thru ex. He even called me " dumbf*ck!" constantly - he kept tellin' me that it was just a teasin' when I don't think it was. :roll:

There were times I think about not wantin' a bf for a relationship. I've experienced bein' alone was great and stress-free, and I want that back. Of course, in other hand sometimes it felt bein' lonely but, it will not feel lonely if, I make new friends. :)

By havin' new friends are better than havin' a relationship with an a-hole/jerk men. I just don't appreciate how they take an avantage of me bein' good to them when they don't give some " respect ".

What marks and abusive relationship? First and foremost, abusers have a certain language and a certain pattern of behaviors. The abuser will never take the sole resposability for his or her actions. What underlines the abusers behaviors i will speak of further in the passage, but first let me evaluate the laguage and signs of the typical abuser. for example: “Because I said so.”

“It’s your fault.”
“I don’t want you talking to/seeing her.”
“I’ll tell you what to do.”
“You’re not going out of the house looking like that.”
“You don’t need to know.”
“I handle the money.”
“You know what your problem is?”
“This is for your own good.”
“Shut up!”

Name callingThese are just a few of the words that an abuser would use to intimidate and degrade the person who is being abused. One of the most obvious things that the abuser is afraid of is being left alone to themselves. Abusers need someone around to abuse, degrade and neglect. Without his or her scapegoat around then the abuser is faced with themselves; and is forced to see the real hidden agenda or the masked individual and that is their Inner turmoil. Appearances aside, the verbally abusive individual is broken internally. The identity they present to the world, and often to themselves, is a facade. Abusers tend to have little or no clue that they have a problem. Although they may admit to occasionally losing their cool or getting loud, they are very, very good at defending their misbehavior and adept at pointing out how they were provoked to behave in an angry way. the abuser is not as loose minded as some would think. The abuser is a preditor and will seek out ways to try and manipulate a person and make them seem crazy. The pattern is typical: abusers justify their displays of anger or disrespect by blaming the partner. The spouse, usually over-responsible, emotional, and codependent, has, in fact, acted out–and is likely to concedeWhat is necessary in a relationship the abuser or abusers do not posses. it is one thing to attack a person who is physically and emotionally doing something to you but it is another thing to attack a person becuase they are to good to you. Abusers hate the idea of allowing someone to get to close to them becuase that would mean they are open to getting hurt. A healthy relationship is reciprocal. Each partner must possess a measure of healthy self-acceptance and acceptance of the other. It is mutually understood that there is a constant give and take, with ongoing sacrifice and concession, each partner knowing that their giving will eventually be returned. pattern development is something that occurs once a person has been abused for so long. they tend to start fighting back in the same manner as the abuser! this leads to other comlications such as self blaming.Blaming onesself in the abusive relationship is often very easy to do instead of yelling and arguing back at the person who is abusing them. the abuser is now caught in a very self-loathing abusive pool. When the abuser points the finger right away the victim says “im sorry i should not have done that” instead of saying ” its your fault as well.” Abusers will not sympathise with the person they are abusing because its themselves that they hate. The abuser hates the fact that the other person is well off and they want them to feel the same emotional toil the they do. Recently doctors have acknowledged something called “battered womens syndrome” Which invokes temporary insanity! instead of the women getting treated long term they are deemed insane and are therefore pushed to the side.

Why does the abused remain victims?

1. For the children: Women may believe that any father is better than no father at all. She may lose custody of her children or cause emotional or physical harm to her children if she tries to leave.2. For financial reasons: She may have no financial resources, access to the resources or job kills. If she has children, it becomes more difficult to leave without having the ability to get affordable housing, transportation, etc.3. Fear of retaliation: When a woman makes a decision to leave an abusive relationship, her chances of being seriously physically hurt of killed increases 75%. Many times she has been told by her partner that if she leaves, her partner will hunt her down and kill her and the children.4. Religious reasons: Many times a woman will stay in a relationship because of religious beliefs. If she leaves or divorces her partner, her religious community may ostracize her.

In conclusion, Abusive relationships are codependent and need one half of another person to be put into full blow. The abusers have inner most issues that are neglected and or just plain ignored. The victims in the abusive relationships fail to realize its them who are not doing the abuse but are very sick indeed.

Yes... also use the control power... I worked with DV... i am not working right now. due to my health... but staffs still call me and ask me what they need to do.... i only can advise them... until i am better.. then i will go back...

I have heard of this before but it is good idea to repeat this again and again. I have went thru this before and don't like it abit. An ex-bf fits this profile easily. An ex-hubby somewhat fits it, too. Right now, I am single and loving it but it would be nice to have a right relationship.

wow, what a great post you wrote! I really need it, just in a case. :) Thank you!

wow, what a great post you wrote! I really need it, just in a case. :) Thank you!

Thank you, I been through guys like that and family members too. I just think it important to repeat that informations for people who needs to becareful of abusive person. I am sure lot of people suffer in the hands of their abuser in relationship and important to get out before it gets worst. :)

I have heard of this before but it is good idea to repeat this again and again. I have went thru this before and don't like it abit. An ex-bf fits this profile easily. An ex-hubby somewhat fits it, too. Right now, I am single and loving it but it would be nice to have a right relationship.

I am glad you think is good idea to have this information repeat to help others realized the danger of abusive relationship. I just glad I could be some help to others. :)

Yes... also use the control power... I worked with DV... i am not working right now. due to my health... but staffs still call me and ask me what they need to do.... i only can advise them... until i am better.. then i will go back...

Yeah it could always be about power, also the person got lot of issues to take it out on their partner and have anger issues that they can't see themselve and be abusive to others is never a good sign. I hope your health will get better soon. Smile. Hugs.

One thing I hate about relationship in abuse is LYING! I hate when children witness the abusive relationship and the children start to fill with fear for either mother or father. They won't tell but their behavior changed is what I hate the most. I also hate spanking but sometime I have to do it just lightly then wait for few minutes then say daughter that I love her and i had to use this to tell her that she did was wrong (she stole gum and candies that store caught her when she was 4 years old.) After that, she learned her lesson and stop pickpocketing candies and gum. I don't spank her as much as I do for Time out. She is most sweetest girl. Back to the point. I hate the most thing in abusive relationship is the woman pick children by hair and drag them then hit them. Husband hit wife then father hit children. The most common in abusing relationship is the MEN. (I am man but I don't hit my wife, children, and animals) This is the worst matter issue I have been seeing in children. Honest with you, abusing the children is biggest major and abusing spouse is the biggest major in relationship. children can act like nothing is wrong which is the problem in social. My heart goes out for victims....

Glaxyangel, you the cool to remind people!:bowdown:

Good post, but I was wondering, could some women, even men, tend to look for ppl like that? Like the battered women sindrome(sorry for spelling). I knew couple ppl that got out of 1 abusive relationship to find another. Also, could a person turn their partner from non-abuser to an abuser?

One thing I hate about relationship in abuse is LYING! I hate when children witness the abusive relationship and the children start to fill with fear for either mother or father. They won't tell but their behavior changed is what I hate the most. I also hate spanking but sometime I have to do it just lightly then wait for few minutes then say daughter that I love her and i had to use this to tell her that she did was wrong (she stole gum and candies that store caught her when she was 4 years old.) After that, she learned her lesson and stop pickpocketing candies and gum. I don't spank her as much as I do for Time out. She is most sweetest girl. Back to the point. I hate the most thing in abusive relationship is the woman pick children by hair and drag them then hit them. Husband hit wife then father hit children. The most common in abusing relationship is the MEN. (I am man but I don't hit my wife, children, and animals) This is the worst matter issue I have been seeing in children. Honest with you, abusing the children is biggest major and abusing spouse is the biggest major in relationship. children can act like nothing is wrong which is the problem in social. My heart goes out for victims....

Glaxyangel, you the cool to remind people!:bowdown:

I sadly I agree with you that is always the men hit the woman and the children, very rarely some mothers hit their kids. But main point is anyone in the abusive relationship get trapped they need to get out before they hit rock bottom or even get killed.

Good post, but I was wondering, could some women, even men, tend to look for ppl like that? Like the battered women sindrome(sorry for spelling). I knew couple ppl that got out of 1 abusive relationship to find another. Also, could a person turn their partner from non-abuser to an abuser?

Thank you. you put up a good question about a person turn their partner from non-abuser to an abuser? well hard to say, I don't that happens but rarely I think they would either get out of the relationship if the partner show signs of out of control behavoior pattern. it complicted.

This topic drew my attention ...

I'm reading a book about Vampirsim behaviors. It's about vampires
sucking the life out of those host/surrounding/available and how the victim
can protect/ and steer away from these type of individuals.
Suzi

Psychic Vampires: Protection From Energy Predators & Parasites
by Joe H Slate

Suzi

by Joe H Slate

HUH? Please explain more detail to us.

Suzi

by Joe H Slate

Suzi can you clear up something because how is vampires related to this topic on relationship abuse? :)

Suzi can you clear up something because how is vampires related to this topic on relationship abuse? :)
She probly trying to connect the 2 by saying a vampire drains their victum like an abuser drains the life out the abused. That only thing I can think of.

She probly trying to connect the 2 by saying a vampire drains their victum like an abuser drains the life out the abused. That only thing I can think of.

ah, that probably make some sense what you just explain what suzi meant. It seems like an interesting way to say that. :)

Yeah it could always be about power, also the person got lot of issues to take it out on their partner and have anger issues that they can't see themselve and be abusive to others is never a good sign. I hope your health will get better soon. Smile. Hugs.

Yeah...Abusing the partners will be repeatedly in the families...it has been for many many years.... either from wife s families or Husband s families.....It need to be broken... give them educations..

Yeah...Abusing the partners will be repeatedly in the families...it has been for many many years.... either from wife s families or Husband s families.....It need to be broken... give them educations..

true, In many cases, it seems that people are confused and unsure about relationships, and this leads to some predictable outcomes. :ugh3:

Back