How to Solve Valentines Day Blues for Singles!

G

Gemtun

Your Most Pressing Valentine's Day Dilemmas - Solved!
By Laura Snyder

Got more Valentine's Day problems than there are liqueurs in a box of chocolates? We've got the answers. Just don't ask us how they get those cute little sayings on those pastel heart-shaped mints.

I hate Valentine's Day! Do I really have to celebrate?

We know you think it's just a fake holiday created by The Man to make us spend our money on tasteless gifts. But here's the thing. Your boycotting the entire holiday won't send a message to the folks at Hallmark. But it will send a message to your sweetheart: "I don't care enough about you to even buy a bad poem on a cheesy greeting card ." This will not go over well.

Okay, but I have no idea what to get. Can you help?

Put down the pink stuffed animal and the fancy chocolates. Valentine's Day makes it far to easy to live the cliché. Instead, try actually listening to your sweetheart. Think about something they might have mentioned in passing - taking up flying radio-controlled planes, learning French cuisine, going to a wine tasting - and expand on that idea. Talk to his or her friends for ideas. Still at a loss? Buy a set of luxurious satin sheets. Sexy! Unique! And something to play with after dinner!

We've only been dating a few weeks. What's appropriate?

No matter how casual your relationship now, an overly romantic gift might make things look a little too serious, too fast. A bouquet of unusual flowers and a card are safe and appropriate. If it's the early stages of something with serious potential, you might want to put in a little more thought and really take advantage of the opportunity.

I'm single. How can I make it through the day without choking on my candy?

Two words: love thyself. Buy yourself a bottle of bubbly, make some cookies, write love letters to your dog, your dad, your high school crush. Call your best friend. Watch that ridiculous movie you won't admit loving. Read a saucy story. Poke holes in the bottoms of all those fancy chocolates and only eat the ones you like. Remember, it'll all be over tomorrow.

I never had any man buying me gifts on Valentine's Day.
So I am used to it.
:beer:

or go spree shopping on valentine's day unless u have $$$ to do so ;) or treat yourself to ice cream cuz u deserved that since u don't have anyone to share the speical day with.. or hang out with friends on valentine's day probably wil make the day more cheerful than spending the day alone but if u people had sidekick 2 or whatever u guys probably wud not feel alone cuz u wud have ims sending u saying happy valentine's day or I wud say happy blah valentine's day? ;) heh.. :D

There are a few gals here at RIT that I wouldn't mind getting some cards, gifts, or chocolates for... but I don't have the time to go out and get everything. :( Also, most of the gals I like are already taken by someone else. :(

I never had any valentines either.

Hi Miss Pinocchio,
I never had anyone give me anything for valentine's day either, I'm used to it too.
All the kids in school got valentines but me.
Margie

deaflibrarian said:
I wonder how much such things cost? If they cost like $200 that can't be all bad especially if one is paying $35 each time they go to a speed-dating event and they've already gone to 4 of them or continue to buy more credit on Match.com or Lavalife in order to send emails.

OUCH!

<---Too poor to spend $ looking for a date but know how to do it better on the cheap.

I've thought of looking into matchmaking services, but I passed on them 'cause I can find someone else by myself for free, even on the 'Net, at work, or by going to social events where I can meet interesting people there.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
I never had any man buying me gifts on Valentine's Day.
So I am used to it.
:beer:

you are not the only one here.. that's why i DETEST valentine's day.. cuz i hear ppl going GUNGHO about their significant other, what they got, etc.. blah blah..

the only person that makes me happy is my dad as i am a daddy's girl.. at least i used to be..

zesty said:
you are not the only one here.. that's why i DETEST valentine's day.. cuz i hear ppl going GUNGHO about their significant other, what they got, etc.. blah blah..

the only person that makes me happy is my dad as i am a daddy's girl.. at least i used to be..

Hey Zestygirl, If I send you a Valentines Day card, would you go gungho on that? Cos youre a greatest friend anyone could ask for!!! :ily:

Meg said:
Hey Zestygirl, If I send you a Valentines Day card, would you go gungho on that? Cos youre a greatest friend anyone could ask for!!! :ily:

AAAAAWWW!!! that's the MOST SWEETEST THING coming from you!! you are the BESTEST FRIEND anyone could ask for!!

zesty said:

ME 2 ...COUNT ME IN... hehe :D I was so busy on valentine's day so O won't complain...hehehe

Whew!

I survived thru St. Valentine's Day. Glad my dart team keep me busying with playing darts on 14th of Feb. But that bar gave me and any female player a red rose. That's nice. My red rose still alive and leave it in the kitchen with a water in the vase. Kewl!

Wow, Lasza that is *so* cool that the bar gave you girls a red rose! :thumb:

I had a marvelous on Valentine's Day entire in my life ! :D

:ily: AC

Back