How to Sign "THREAD" in ASL??

Blackpaws76

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to sign "Thread"? Do we have to make up for our own communicate if no one know sign for "Thread"?

Must be something temporarily wrong with their server. I used it this morning, and it was fine. Try again later.

I tried it again just now and it worked fine.

Check website again.. its good now! ;)

Cool!

My wife has always used the same sign as "sentence" or "story." Also that same sign for "string" or "thread."

My wife has always used the same sign as "sentence" or "story." Also that same sign for "string" or "thread."

Haha, yes that is what I use for to mean 'forum thread', I always seen sign for 'string' kind! hahaha

ASL browser is ok, but sometimes very weird signs. Like sign for 'car' etc. Sometimes I look at the sign and say 'whoaaaa' where did that sign come from??

But at least it's there for people to learn ASL better than English signs.

I don't know about the links that Reba put in. There are some signs that are different than I normally sign with ASL and also some English signs. If you don't know the sign word, just always fingerspell and there are some Deaf people who knows the word sign and will tell you the word. It helps if you are in the Deaf community. If you are talking about this forum, then fingerspell "forum thread" or if you are talking about sewing with the thread, then fingerspell thread which mean to sew. Now you have the ASL links, you can choose which kind of sign you want to use to communicate with the Deaf people. Just have fun with ASL and try to get use to the same signs that is common for all Deaf people in your Deaf community right in your area. :thumb:

Hi Bebonang,

So, do you set it up in context first, and then use the sing for sentence or thin??? Like show a sewing motion and then show the thin thread?

Back