How to set up closed caption on laptop video?

scottw

Reaction score
Can you show me how to set up closed caption on laptop video the CNN and movie?

Thank you!

Ummm...for CNN videos, you cannot make closed captions work unless they provide it. For movies, are you talking about playing DVD movies on your laptop? There should be closed captions settings in DVD player.

Are you using Windows or Mac OS X?

If you use Windows to watch DVD, just download KMPlayer from download website and use right click on KMPlayer to Options > Preferences then you will see many list so click Subtitle Processing > Multi-Sub/etc then set KMP CC decoder or Line 21, KMP CC is customizable since Line 21 is black and white only, some movies support Line 21 only.
KMPlayer - Download

Other options, you can goes with Windows Media Player, click Tools on top then go to Options > DVD so click Defaults and change from default to closed captioning.

If you use Mac, ask sequioas.

There's some video with CC from youtube that similar as CNN did broadcast so check youtube.

I not talk about DVD on laptop. I am fine. But I talk about free online CC video for all free video online suppose to be on CC.

ARe you on Mac? Get EyeTV and hook with antenna. Ta-da! you have TV on your computer with Closed Caption.

Deafscooter have everything Closed Caption on Laptop !!!!!
for many years and i done programmer the Run Closed Caption

I could tell you about it and i wait hear from you talking about it

I know many Deafies dont believed what craig deafscooter Say..

I use Mplayer - MPlayer - The Movie Player

Mplayer give me CC on DVD and also I record my TV show that have CC on it so I take it with me on Laptop and watch my recorded TV show use CC from Mplayer.

Mplayer is coded for linux but they have done frontend and ported to Windows or Mac.

Do a search on my name to find out about Mplayer or you can go to SMPlayer - General Info which is Mplayer frontend for Windows

PowerDVD is a good program but some recorded TV mpeg does not playback CC on PowerDVD that why I stick with SMPlayer Windows Frontend.

I use Mplayer - MPlayer - The Movie Player

Mplayer give me CC on DVD and also I record my TV show that have CC on it so I take it with me on Laptop and watch my recorded TV show use CC from Mplayer.

Mplayer is coded for linux but they have done frontend and ported to Windows or Mac.

Do a search on my name to find out about Mplayer or you can go to SMPlayer - General Info which is Mplayer frontend for Windows

PowerDVD is a good program but some recorded TV mpeg does not playback CC on PowerDVD that why I stick with SMPlayer Windows Frontend.

Can you teach me how to watch TV or Movies because my wife and i loves to watch a movies every nights!

Can you show me how to set up closed caption
on laptop video the CNN and movie?

Thank you!

Deafscooter's own Broadcast Digital TV on My Smallest Netbook
With Closed Caption! (Also Fully Access over 500 Channels on it)

attachment.php

Back