How to run your car on tap water

Hydrogen generators are cool. You can buy one ready made right off ebay for as little as 12 bucks. Theyre made from small empty propane tanks.

Richard

the guy was on the news this week..i think he is from oklahoma here...he mentioned that he uses water instead of gas for his car..he said it works!

That sounds like a nice project, but I think it's a little complicated for non techies. They are best tried with your spare time on a old junker instead of your fuel injected "new" car.

it sound good. But...

Will that kill water as the ocean in world will decrease?

coloravalanche said:
the guy was on the news this week..i think he is from oklahoma here...he mentioned that he uses water instead of gas for his car..he said it works!

It could have to do with what type of car he drives, or that the "water" he talks about could be ethyl alcohol, better known as ethanol. Like water, it is held together by the powerful bonds between hydrogen and oxygen atoms. Some 5 million automobiles in the U.S. can run on E85, a blend of up to 85 percent ethanol and 15 percent gasoline.

EDGE said:
it sound good. But...

Will that kill water as the ocean in world will decrease?

Fortunately, the U.S. government is working on developing ethanol as a replacement and primary supplier of vehicle fuel, and everyone from GM to President Bush is working on it right now. Concerns include whether there'll be enough to meet demands in the future, but researchers who know ethanol best believe it could displace 30 percent of domestic gasoline consumption within 25 years. Ethanol is made from plants, corn in particular, that pull carbon from the atmosphere as they grow, and could also drastically reduce greenhouse-gas emissions from automobiles. That should be better than using water for our automobile needs.

Forget Car!!! Start walking, cycling..... it's good for the environment as using water as an alternative fuel is just plain pathetic! If you take water from the ocean with less rain in the future how would the sea organism survive?? Think about it!!! Climate change, species extinction, 3rd world, over-consumption of mineral resources is bad enough, we don't need another one on the world's plate!!

Theseus said:
Fortunately, the U.S. government is working on developing ethanol as a replacement and primary supplier of vehicle fuel, and everyone from GM to President Bush is working on it right now. Concerns include whether there'll be enough to meet demands in the future, but researchers who know ethanol best believe it could displace 30 percent of domestic gasoline consumption within 25 years. Ethanol is made from plants, corn in particular, that pull carbon from the atmosphere as they grow, and could also drastically reduce greenhouse-gas emissions from automobiles. That should be better than using water for our automobile needs.

Well, ethanol may not be good idea because it would be impossible to meet the demand when become popular. There aren't enough corn on field while people need it everything to use corn as food and chemical.

That's why biodiesel is winner here. Since there are over billion gallons (maybe trillion?) dump the used oil for fry at resturant, fast-food and use as alternative fuel. Also dead animal can become biodiesel. It's much clean than regular diesel.

hybrid + biodiesel would be larger mpg to get.

Maybe most of you don't realize this... The talks about alternative fuel vehicle started when??? The answer is over 30 years ago! What happened to these 30 years? Nobody had come up with reliable, proven alternative fuel vehicles yet!!! I wouldn't take seriously over this UNTIL proven ones is in mass production.

I have good feeling for Hydrogen fuel cells... because they do burn alot easier, and for some strange reason, it will come back to water again!!! Much easy to recycle the fuel. That is the concept of hydrogen fuel cell.... they are recycleable!

I wouldn't want to walk to work every day!!! That option isn't viable becaue my work is almost 20 miles away each way!!! I ain't gonna walk 40 miles everyday!

diehardbiker65 said:
Maybe most of you don't realize this... The talks about alternative fuel vehicle started when??? The answer is over 30 years ago! What happened to these 30 years? Nobody had come up with reliable, proven alternative fuel vehicles yet!!! I wouldn't take seriously over this UNTIL proven ones is in mass production.

I have good feeling for Hydrogen fuel cells... because they do burn alot easier, and for some strange reason, it will come back to water again!!! Much easy to recycle the fuel. That is the concept of hydrogen fuel cell.... they are recycleable!

I wouldn't want to walk to work every day!!! That option isn't viable becaue my work is almost 20 miles away each way!!! I ain't gonna walk 40 miles everyday!

Yep! You are correct that this stuff has been percolating since the 70's gas crunch. However, the incentives (er...profit motive) haven't been as strong until lately with the higher gas prices. Now, you are seeing some serious movement afoot to bring alternative fuels to the market. To give a couple of examples...there is actually a station in NC (I think Fayetteville) that sells a variety of alternative fuels. I understand there is one somewhere else out West (California?).

We will see...

Now if the oil interests would just cease murdering the inventors of alternative fuel ideas and shelving every plan that has come down the pike over the last 30-40 years.... :)

Tousi said:
Now if the oil interests would just cease murdering the inventors of alternative fuel ideas and shelving every plan that has come down the pike over the last 30-40 years.... :)

The simplier and more rational explanation is that the oil interests "bought" out these folks or bought the patent (and enforced it) over the years...

I hardly think they could get away with that many murders... ;)

Seriously though, there are many people with bright ideas (often considered eccentric by the scientific community) that were just too far ahead of their time. There has to be a convergence between an idea and its receptivity depending on its relevance to current issues of the day. Its another way of saying that supply and demand needs to start making financial sense... I remember the news back even in the 80's about shale and our ability to extract oil from it. We (Canada and US) has more shale than the rest of the world combined but the economics of it had never viable until recent years. But I degress, as oil from shale is not really an alternative fuel "per se" but a variation of the current energy regime.

Haha, sr171soars, thanks for straightening me out! Funny this topic comes along at this time cuz I got something in the mail yesterday that presents this concept. Called the Hydrostar which is a CONVERSION for all vehicles, including boats, motorcycles, etc. They say the hydrogen generator's case is a 10 inch long piece of PVC and the rest of the parts can be found at Radio Shack and on the other end you have a water reservior which can be a large can, jar or a 5 or 10 gallon plastic gas can. With this conversion system, you do nothing to add, replace, or modify any part of your existing vehicle. You supposedly will a modest increase in power since hydrogen generates greater energy than gas and the biggest benefit is increased MPG's; this unit is theoretically capable of delivering from 50 to 300 MPG, depending on the usual factors like terrain, driving habits, etc, etc. Oh, and, obviously, one would be just ordinary water thru this system. In the unlikely event this Hydrostar fails, you can always switch back to gas.

I don't know but I'm tempted to try this out in a junker of a car.......any opinions?

The chances are, might be well having a baloney fit in that pvc pipe!

If you got $ to lose, then go ahead and let us know what your findings are.

Tousi said:
Haha, sr171soars, thanks for straightening me out! Funny this topic comes along at this time cuz I got something in the mail yesterday that presents this concept. Called the Hydrostar which is a CONVERSION for all vehicles, including boats, motorcycles, etc. They say the hydrogen generator's case is a 10 inch long piece of PVC and the rest of the parts can be found at Radio Shack and on the other end you have a water reservior which can be a large can, jar or a 5 or 10 gallon plastic gas can. With this conversion system, you do nothing to add, replace, or modify any part of your existing vehicle. You supposedly will a modest increase in power since hydrogen generates greater energy than gas and the biggest benefit is increased MPG's; this unit is theoretically capable of delivering from 50 to 300 MPG, depending on the usual factors like terrain, driving habits, etc, etc. Oh, and, obviously, one would be just ordinary water thru this system. In the unlikely event this Hydrostar fails, you can always switch back to gas.

I don't know but I'm tempted to try this out in a junker of a car.......any opinions?

Tousi said:

I don't know but I'm tempted to try this out in a junker of a car.......any
opinions?

I agree with diehardbiker that if you have the time and money, go for it!! Let us know!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained...eh?

Speaking of biodiesel options, Chrysler put out 50 prototype gas turbine cars back in 1963 as R&D and publicity. It idled at about 18,000rpm and maxed at around 45,700rpm, and no, they are not typos. It was an unusual engine in the respect that it burnt anything from JP4 to metho and oils without any tuning adjustments AND the fuels could be mixed in the fuel tank. Fuel consumption wasn't real flash, but if you could burn just about anything.....The project was basically canned by the Government around the 80's.

More info:

Chrysler Jet Car

AutoSpeed - The Chrysler Turbine Car

Now there's thinking outside the box. Problem was in the early days, the technology wasn't in place to support alternative engine types. Who can remember the early Mazda rotaries where they didn't have a suitable material to put on the rotor tips inside the combustion chambers? The ones they used had a short life. But they had to start somewhere and gradually technology caught up to match the ideas.
In the end it comes down to viable economics. I wonder how much it costs to maintain one of these modern hybrid and zero emission cars? It's all very well to say we are protecting the environment, etc, but if it comes down to paying $20k for a car vs $80k and $1.50 a liter vs $2.50 for fuel - not to mention maintenance costs, on my limited $$, I know what I'm forced to do.

We still have a ways to go, but alternative energy sources will prevail.

If I remember rightly, the Council of Rome meeting in 1973 determined the world would run out of oil supplies in 20 years. Improved technology changed all that

I have had experince with running vehicles off of water. First of all you dont need to buy a kit, the hydrogen generator is very easy and cheap to make. I have a 76 dodge charger im converting to water, and as previously stated theres no call for the removal of the gas sytem so the whole entire process is totally revisable.

its bull shit!
the plans have been floating around for 80 years and hucksters have been scamming "investers" for 80 years...
myth busters tried it out.. busted!!!! pure shit!
strained deepfry oil did run a deisel motor with no other process done!

ethahol was awsome on my bike but i like nitromethane better.

I would love to install a water system on my old truck, but it was too late I got rid of it two years ago. Sigh! The only thing that I do not like to work on a dirty motor with grease on my hands. It is too bad that we live far apart that we could have work together in a garage. You know a lot of stuff than I do. I always hate gas which causes air pollution - it is not quite about money on gas It is time to change for a better motor. Our vehicles have been the same design for gas that has been going on for 70 years or more. Please no more gas in the future.

Back