How to make a definite decesion.

Jordan

Reaction score
The title says it all, even though this is the kind of question that you can't answer. Me making this decision will affect what I do with my life.

For about a year now I have been in the "go to pre-dental and dental school" mode of thought.

But, a recent trip to Gallaudet University, my choice to take ASL (both ASL and signed English) have really made an impact on me.

It wasn't so much the trip to GU that changed my mind, it was just amazing seeing all the people signing around me, be they deaf or hearing. I hadnt ever been exposed to a school setting designed for that. I was probably more happy seeing that than ever just practicing sign in the mirror.

My original idea of being an Orthodontist had centered around dental work for the Deaf, but my thoughts lately have been to teaching the Deaf, or interpreting. :dunno:

I really enjoy signing and I have only scratched the surface of my ASL education. But, I wonder if I would be happy only looking into people's mouths were as teaching/interpreting would mean meeting new people and teaching.

How many interpreters float around this forum, as well as teachers of the deaf or should I say teachers, I dont want to offend.

Thanks,
Jordan

Back