How to install ceramic tiles for my house?

webexplorer

Reaction score
I am looking for some good and understandable websites to learn how to install ceramic titles for a kitchen floor and a shower. I have never install the titles at my house. Some websites that I found are too long story with no pictures, and they are not helpful to me.

They are fairly easy! Books usually the best, better than website. I love tiles! I am planning to do alot tiles around my house.

When you find the information, start with laying ceramic tile in the kitchen or livingroom first to get some experience before doing the shower because the shower is more critical because of the water, draining, etc, etc

Yes, ceramic tiles is good ideal for kitchen, toilet and bathroom.

We have wall and floor ceramic tiles for bathroom and toilet, floor tiles for kitchen.

Do you heard about DIY (do it yourself) in your country? My hubby learn from those DIY and do himself with tiles.

This link show you how to do with tiles. I hope the pictures in this link would helps.

http://www.extremehowto.com/xh/article.asp?article_id=60206

Tousi said:
When you find the information, start with laying ceramic tile in the kitchen or livingroom first to get some experience before doing the shower because the shower is more critical because of the water, draining, etc, etc

Yes, we started laying ceramic tile at 2 rooms in the basement first before start floor tiles at kitchen and mudroom and then wall and floor tiles at toilet.

We ordered company to do wall and floor tiles in bathroom/shower because of water, drain, etc... which it´s hard and complication... We also have company to do marble floor for hallway and up/downstairs for us because it´s hard to do with stairs.

me.. lazy peel and stick it.. (chuckles)

For my brand new home.. yes i'd rather go for ceramic floor looks more sexier shine and easy to clean. Pretty awful lot work do ceramic brings you require for clay-glued sumth'n like that.. and press it down.. I'd rather someone who experience ceramic.. and hire'em...

Sound good idea. This website that you gave me which is not too bad. For a book, I will go to Lowes or HomeDepot to see if they have good information. Perhaps, at the library. Great. Thanks for your help. :wiggle:

webexplorer said:
Sound good idea. This website that you gave me which is not too bad. For a book, I will go to Lowes or HomeDepot to see if they have good information. Perhaps, at the library. Great. Thanks for your help. :wiggle:

It is very good place to go to HomeDepot to learning "how to do", I've done that to my friend's house to help to install new cremic tiles in living room, look like southwestern stuff... It is not bad job, but need is knee pad!

That is right, they got clinics going on regular basis! I have done them, and they are ALOT easier than you think... BUT it takes ALOT work. Doing right is very important for lifetime impression.

Toolsman said:
It is very good place to go to HomeDepot to learning "how to do", I've done that to my friend's house to help to install new cremic tiles in living room, look like southwestern stuff... It is not bad job, but need is knee pad!

diehardbiker65 said:
That is right, they got clinics going on regular basis! I have done them, and they are ALOT easier than you think... BUT it takes ALOT work. Doing right is very important for lifetime impression.

I agreed, it has more talent to learing and FUN!?! Whenever it is done and grab :beer:

Back