How to get my laptop to run faster.

mate, broadband is in prt of our lives for many many years and we didn't realize, broadband is the best! Good luck with the broandband move :thumb:

Dixie, I demand you to upgrade to Win 7, the best OS ever seen. You wont regret it like grummer said. It is worth it. Very nice system, I have Win 7 too.

Vista has lost us.

How much am I looking at to purchase laptop w/ Win 7 Pro? What about the 64 bit? Is it worth the hoohah for a college student?

How much am I looking at to purchase laptop w/ Win 7 Pro? What about the 64 bit? Is it worth the hoohah for a college student?
I dont know Dixie, it is depending on the funds.

If I juice up my current laptop with the aforementioned goods, will the laptop still retain all the files and information stored on it?

And secondly, once I install the goods, will I be able to upgrade to Win 7 Pro, I want to take advantage of the student discount Microsoft is offering.

If I juice up my current laptop with the aforementioned goods, will the laptop still retain all the files and information stored on it?

And secondly, once I install the goods, will I be able to upgrade to Win 7 Pro, I want to take advantage of the student discount Microsoft is offering.

The worst that came come out of this is that the video card will not be good enough to run the Aero interface. Other than that fancy eye candy, it will be able to run, as that version is able to run Vista basic (it did on my Acer 3680)

The Acer website does not have support for Win 7 drivers though, but I suspect you will still be able to install and run it.

No matter what, it's always best to back up all your information needed....

here's the Intel Windows 7 driver for your particular graphic chip: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng

I like Toshiba for their ruggedness. Used to use them out in the bush.

Now I just use a Dell for office use.

Not a fan of Gateway.

I probably won't be finding myself using the laptop in the bush. Wherever I'll use it I'll be in a home or office type setting as it's primarily used for school work.

I have since decided it's probably in my best interest to go ahead and purchase a new laptop.

The one I'm currently considering is this one:
Gateway 17.3'' Dual Core 4GB RAM, 250GB HDD & Platinum Shield at HSN.com

let me know.

Trust me its good as mine is a Gateway P7805u FX edition set up for gaming. Ive abused it in 11 months since I had it and it still runs!. No wonder why I got my ex wife to buy an Acer after all Acer and Gateway are same company and in analogy for me acer=chevy gateway=cadillac lol.

Back