How to get car from frozen lake? Try the Russian way!

Royale

Reaction score
[yt]MK6419y4N4Q[/yt]

:shock: :cool2:

yeah i thought about why they even bothered. Once a car goes underwater for that long it's not even worth the hassle salvaging it due to the electrics and all getting ruined by water. I bet they did this as an exercise to rescue people, dunno.

yeah i thought about why they even bothered. Once a car goes underwater for that long it's not even worth the hassle salvaging it due to the electrics and all getting ruined by water. I bet they did this as an exercise to rescue people, dunno.

Or it could have been to get something that was inside the passenger compartment not expecting to drive the car after it was pulled out.

The idea of a drill as practice also sound logical to me.

Or it could have been to get something that was inside the passenger compartment not expecting to drive the car after it was pulled out.

The idea of a drill as practice also sound logical to me.
Russians don't drill, they just do. Seriously. They don't have enough spare resources to use up in practices. That was one of the problems their military had during the Cold War. Their philosophy was preserve resources until needed. US military philosophy was (and is) drill, drill, drill.

I'm hoping that the car was parked and empty when it sank.

There didn't seem to be any urgency of the people or emergency vehicles around, so it was probably empty.

It might be more salvageable than we think. It was fresh water, not salt, which is not as bad. If they are patient and willing to put in the man-hours, it might be reworked, piece by piece.

Russians don't drill, they just do. Seriously. They don't have enough spare resources to use up in practices. That was one of the problems their military had during the Cold War. Their philosophy was preserve resources until needed. US military philosophy was (and is) drill, drill, drill.

I'm hoping that the car was parked and empty when it sank.

There didn't seem to be any urgency of the people or emergency vehicles around, so it was probably empty.

As an aside I think I have read of that happening in places where they do ice fishing in the US.

I also noticed that the guys were cheering and laughing while pulling the car out. It's a right-hand drive car, so we were viewing the passenger side. When they opened the driver-side door I didn't see any bodies.

TCS pointed out to me how dangerous it was for them to work around a line under high tension. If it snapped at the car, it would have killed the guys nearby, and if it snapped at the capstan while they were stepping over the line (a safety no-no but they did it anyway), they would at the least be castrated. :eek:

As an aside I think I have read of that happening in places where they do ice fishing in the US.
TCS (Hubby) is from Michigan, and yes, it happens there. Depending on ice thickness, they either tow it out or mark it and drag it out later. Not Russian style! :lol:

I also noticed that the guys were cheering and laughing while pulling the car out. It's a right-hand drive car, so we were viewing the passenger side. When they opened the driver-side door I didn't see any bodies.

TCS pointed out to me how dangerous it was for them to work around a line under high tension. If it snapped at the car, it would have killed the guys nearby, and if it snapped at the capstan while they were stepping over the line (a safety no-no but they did it anyway), they would at the least be castrated. :eek:

I notice that too it was a right hand car. Maybe the guys where testing their strength or showing off.

you are wrong.
3.31 minutes, written in Russian:
Unplanned attraction for foreign participants Cup on Lake Baikal (sand yachting) sport. Baikal in 2013.

Back