How to contact for messaging...

Malfoyish

Reaction score
Hi, all...

Due to recent issues brought up via instant messaging through AIM and MSN, I would like to propose that a wise idea would be to not list your AIM/MSN information within your profile here at AllDeaf. I have deleted all of my contact information. There are just too many internet trolls lurking around and we do have some under-age members here within this forum. It is simply safer and far more appropriate to PM the member you would like to contact and exchange information privately. :)

My PM's are open - and if you want me to have your information, or would like to request mine, please feel free to drop a line...otherwise, I'll see you on board.

You may also use this thread to make known that you are willing to exchange information - bearing of course, the fact that you know and trust the member making the request. ;) Play it safe, folks. You just don't KNOW what is out there.

-Malfy

Good thread :hug:

Yes, I already removed my msn/aim in profile list.

If anyone who want to chat with me then PM me before know who you are before accept you in my buddy list. :thumb:

I know it´s hassle to receive msn/aim from strangers..... I accept them in my buddy list thought they are from AD forums... ...

No more from now...

If anyone want to have my msn/aim then PM me... :thumb:

Yes, Maam I already remove mine already; Maybe several months ago.
gap.gif
*smiling with a missing tooth*

Don't hesitate to ask me in PM land for my aims/msn/yahoo. :ily:

shhh.gif
I'll just give you Malfy's :giggle: Just kidding now, Come on lighten up.
mwink.gif

Good thread, Malfy. It's been suggested before that people should remove their contact info. Some have done that, but others have not. I am one of those who hasn't bothered. :lol:

I'm not sure why exactly, but probably because I know that my AOL buddy list is blocked to any/all persons other than my friends. Also, my MSN has been down for the last four months, so I haven't bothered. I will tell you this. When I get MSN up and running again, my MSN info is being deleted. I'm tired of these fools!

Nice and well-versed thread Malfy and quite appropriate to bring up to our attention! :thumb:

Ofc, I sure know a 'few' lurking slytherin' folks that find bombarding instant messagings a highlight of their wanderless life--hmm? :lol:

As for anyone wishing to list their instant messaging screen-names in their profiles, it's entirely up to each individual and how they want to proceed with that...as for myself, I do list only one of my IM here in my profile. It is not only wise to PM someone with your IM info, but either giving it or asking for another member is rightfully polite and courteous as well as being respectful by using the PM (private messaging) feature here in AD. ;)

Thanks for the 'finer-points' you brought up Malfy! :ty:

Yea I already removed mine. I don't need this at all. I rather have peace of mind. :D Hugs all

only thing i left open is on yahoo since i dont use it often. so if anybody wants to know my AIM sn... just drop me a line or add me on yahoo sn :)

I too am removing mine ( or i think i already did,) but pm me if you want to contact me as i will be ard 24/7 :) but all in all its wise to do that! delete it and only use if u know u have a allow only status on ut AIM u can always contact the person in PM and say hey can i IM u please? and then so be it .....

I already removed mine a couple of months ago.... :D

But thanks for bring this to our attention Malfoyish :kiss:

if there are ppl who wants to know the AIM sn i use now -- PM me -- the one listed in my profile is a SN i dont use very much anymore :lol:

Back