How to afford an HA

Mechanical

Reaction score
My situation:

I have recently lost more hearing in my right ear and it is annoying me to not hear as well as I used to. I am 19, so no longer under my parent's healthcare, and dont have health insurance of my own right now, and I cannot afford to buy one right now. I only need one for my right ear to balance my hearing. I hate when I have to ask people to repeat things because I cannot hear them! Sometimes the hearing goes more and makes me really dizzy and sometimes fall over. It is driving me crazy, and I feel bad because my boyfriend has to deal with me falling over and not hearing him.

have you checked with your local Lions Club organization? They might be of some assistance with getting you some hearing aids. Or how about asking your family if they could help you get hearing aids.

have you checked with your local Lions Club organization? They might be of some assistance with getting you some hearing aids. Or how about asking your family if they could help you get hearing aids.

My family is on hard times right now. What is the Lions Club?

The Lions Club is a service organization dedicated to helping the blind and deaf. There is an application process for assistance but they generally do everything they can to help as much as they can.

According to your profile, I think this is your local club.

Odell Lions Club

I can understand the hard times bit. Definitely check with the Lions Club and see if they could help somehow. Or how about your local Vocational Rehabilitation division? If you were a VR client that is in college or working, they could possibly purchase the hearing aids for you so that you can actually succeed in college or at your job, whichever. Even if you only just need 1, they could still possibly help. Each state's VR is different, I think, but again, couldn't hurt to check.

Back