How the US Killed an Afghan Father

Beowulf

Premium Member
Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUvAFx31zCE&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - "What Was My Father's Crime?" Afghan Tells Story of His Father's Killing in a U.S. Night Raid[/ame]

I know most of us do NOT want to see this sort of video, but...Forgive me, but I think most of us do not have any idea what is going on in Afghanistan, and if this video is any indication, no wonder we are hated as occupiers.

YouTube - "What Was My Father's Crime?" Afghan Tells Story of His Father's Killing in a U.S. Night Raid

I know most of us do NOT want to see this sort of video, but...Forgive me, but I think most of us do not have any idea what is going on in Afghanistan, and if this video is any indication, no wonder we are hated as occupiers.

Compared to how everyone else was treated from the two homes and then shooting a 92 yr old HoH man just seems odd.......I wonder if that's the whole story.

Compared to how everyone else was treated from the two homes and then shooting a 92 yr old HoH man just seems odd.......I wonder if that's the whole story.

I know what you mean, Tousi. But if they put black bags over the children's heads, it sounds entirely possible, you know? :dunno:

I know what you mean, Tousi. But if they put black bags over the children's heads, it sounds entirely possible, you know? :dunno:

You mean entirely possible they might have done the same thing to the kids afterwards?

Of course, I wasn't thinking that; I just wanted to know what you think/thought is/was "entirely possible".

Oh. Sorry. I had epidural steroid injections into my neck disks yesterday and am on Norco pain meds, so I am not exactly on top of my game today, lol.
I meant it is entirely possible that is IS the whole story if you can overlook the details and what is not said. For one thing, how does the guy know the old man was shot 25 times? It sounds like machine gunshots and you know how hard it would be to accurately count the number of shots. Did the US team claim to have found a weapon in the room? It could be a "drop weapon" if so. Maybe the younger guy DID try to go ahead into the room first, since his father was 92 and hard of hearing, and maybe he WAS kicked (along with everybody else, seemingly) out of the way and they charged in and started shooting when the deaf sleeping guy did not obey commands. Etcetera. I am having a hard time "reading between the lines," you know? But in the end, I have a sinking feeling that the shooting was unjustified. I guess we will never know. Hmmm, I am starting to regret posting it, lol.

Tell me about afghanistan please. its a poor country correct? food and proper needs are expensive or hard to get in places perhaps?

Oh. Sorry. I had epidural steroid injections into my neck disks yesterday and am on Norco pain meds, so I am not exactly on top of my game today, lol.
I meant it is entirely possible that is IS the whole story if you can overlook the details and what is not said. For one thing, how does the guy know the old man was shot 25 times? It sounds like machine gunshots and you know how hard it would be to accurately count the number of shots. Did the US team claim to have found a weapon in the room? It could be a "drop weapon" if so. Maybe the younger guy DID try to go ahead into the room first, since his father was 92 and hard of hearing, and maybe he WAS kicked (along with everybody else, seemingly) out of the way and they charged in and started shooting when the deaf sleeping guy did not obey commands. Etcetera. I am having a hard time "reading between the lines," you know? But in the end, I have a sinking feeling that the shooting was unjustified. I guess we will never know. Hmmm, I am starting to regret posting it, lol.

Ok, got it now. Sorry to hear about your discomfort. What's the prognosis for you now...in the near future? Hang in there, guy!

Tell me about afghanistan please. its a poor country correct? food and proper needs are expensive or hard to get in places perhaps?

Dang. I wish I could help you there, but it would take me forever to satisfy your curiosity's requirements. I hope you are not offended. There is so much information through our good friend Google. :)

Ok, got it now. Sorry to hear about your discomfort. What's the prognosis for you now...in the near future? Hang in there, guy!

Thanks for your concern, Tousi. I've had chronic pain for years because of a pinched nerve. Dang, it got excruciating at times! But last month I finally had an MRI done, and I am kicking myself for not having it done long ago, it is such an amazing machine. We found out PRECISELY which disks in my neck indent the spinal cord and narrow the neural canals and cause such pain in my left arm and hand and left side of my upper torso. I had the injections done yesterday morning, and this morning I awoke feeling like a new man---I could actually feel my fingertips, and the tingling sensation was barely noticeable! Woo hoo! I have a feeling I finally got this licked. :dance2:

Thanks for your concern, Tousi. I've had chronic pain for years because of a pinched nerve. Dang, it got excruciating at times! But last month I finally had an MRI done, and I am kicking myself for not having it done long ago, it is such an amazing machine. We found out PRECISELY which disks in my neck indent the spinal cord and narrow the neural canals and cause such pain in my left arm and hand and left side of my upper torso. I had the injections done yesterday morning, and this morning I awoke feeling like a new man---I could actually feel my fingertips, and the tingling sensation was barely noticeable! Woo hoo! I have a feeling I finally got this licked. :dance2:

Wow, amazing! Now, do you anticipate having to get these injections periodically?

Wow, amazing! Now, do you anticipate having to get these injections periodically?

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how often, I didn't have the presence of mind to ask, lol. I think every six months, if I choose to go that route. I will ask at my next appointment on August 4. I like the doc--he is seven feet tall and looks like Grizzly Adams, and his handshake is bone-crushingly powerful. He gave me two options, surgery or injections, I think every six months (?). He assured me that surgery would be a piece of cake--he just cuts an incision below my chin above the neckline to reach the disks through there, and I could be in and out for the procedure in one day. I decided to try the injection first to see if it helps, and it sure looks and feels like it is working. I MAY decide to go ahead with the surgery, but I am feeling too good to think about it right now, lol.

Last edited:
Dang. I wish I could help you there, but it would take me forever to satisfy your curiosity's requirements. I hope you are not offended. There is so much information through our good friend Google. :)

No, no offense taken, was just going to say if its like other "third world" countries were things are bad the guy in the video must be doing pretty good to own TWO houses and he looks umm extremly healthy so to speak or well fed and if its bad over there he must be into something thats not on the level to have 2 houses where alot dont even have a place to live except out on the street or something. Sounds fishy to me.

No, no offense taken, was just going to say if its like other "third world" countries were things are bad the guy in the video must be doing pretty good to own TWO houses and he looks umm extremly healthy so to speak or well fed and if its bad over there he must be into something thats not on the level to have 2 houses where alot dont even have a place to live except out on the street or something. Sounds fishy to me.

You have a point. But the military does give money to warlords to lay down their weapons or to join them in the fight. Or maybe he is part of the opium business going on there. A lot of unanswered questions here, I agree.

I'm embarrassed to say I don't know how often, I didn't have the presence of mind to ask, lol. I think every six months, if I choose to go that route. I will ask at my next appointment on August 4. I like the doc--he is seven feet tall and looks like Grizzly Adams, and his handshake is bone-crushingly powerful. He gave me two options, surgery or injections, I think every six months (?). He assured me that surgery would be a piece of cake--he just cuts an incision below my chin above the neckline to reach the disks through there, and I could be in and out for the procedure in one day. I decided to try the injection first to see if it helps, and it sure looks and feels like it is working. I MAY decide to go ahead with the surgery, but I am feeling too good to think about it right now, lol.
I'm sorry that you've been going thru such agony. I'm glad that you finally found a doctor who can help you. I hope that the injections continue to work for you. :)

I'm sorry that you've been going thru such agony. I'm glad that you finally found a doctor who can help you. I hope that the injections continue to work for you. :)

Thank you, Reba. I have seen several different doctors and was lucky enough to finally get the right one. I hope it will be the same way with your problem with hives. Hang in there!

Didn't care much for the emotional presentation (there is dramatic, mood-affecting background music playing throughout the entire vid) nor the association of unrelated imagery to the story be told by the man.

I have no doubts whatsoever that our military is doing some cruel and illegal things over there--in war, this is always inevitable--but I just hate to see bullshit propaganda, no matter which side it comes from.

Back