How old were you the first time....

martyns

Reaction score
you wore "non-beige" equipment, and was this as a result of you asking your audiologist about it, or did he or she suggest it?

at ripe old age of 30!! when I signed for Cochlear implant, Audi gave me choices of colours of Processors (black, silver, brown, beige, pink and blue), I chose brown so got the wish finally.

My daughter's HAs are purple. She got them at the ripe old age of 4 months. It was solely my choice at the time. She's also had some crazy colored ear molds as well since the very start (purple and green swirl right now).

The beige colored ones are so 'blah' for a kid, IMHO. Why not have a little fun? Also, I want people to notice them. I want it to be obvious when they are missing. It makes for a great positive conversation starter for folks not familiar with hearing loss in children.

Still wearing beige. Not the best colour since it blend in with the carpet and light countertops. If I get another set, I am thinking of asking for black or some other colour I can see visually when I lose them.

I was in the 3rd grade (so about 8 or 9 years old) when I got my purple hearing aids. The audiologist showed me a picture that had different colors of the hearing aid, and even had some display hearing aids in her office, so I got way excited and got the purple ones (and I was the ONLY deafie at our local deaf school with colored aids for so long!). Woo! Purple hearing aids, and bright pink, green, and orange earmolds over the ears haha.

I've never worn HAs that were anything but beige. If I were still able to wear them instead of my CI, I'd pick a clear hearing aid so that you can see all the eletrontic stuff or a HA with a funky pattern instead of boring beige. I have a CI that is gray and red.

my purple hearing aids were see-through.. you could see the inside of the HAs. I thought that was way neat.

Miss Kat's current hearing aid is hot pink. She was only 18 months, so I chose that one. THe new one we ordered is zebra print. She is excited!

This would be when I was 12, 4 almost 5 years ago, when I got my blue coloured HAs. I still wear them... it is time for new ones but my dad has a philosophy: "If they still work then there's no point in getting new ones."

Well I graduated from beige to dark brown at age 25, does that count. :lol:

I was always too shy to wear bright colors. I didn't want to stand out. Now I think I am just too old to wear anything but brown.

I was 47 when I got my CIs. They provided two as one is a backup. So, I chose blue and silver. Love the colors...anything but beige.

My bte has are beige but have one clear and one purple mold. I am putting rhinestones on the has and have found that pony beads fit on the tubes.....

Oh, I was 45 when I got color. Audio showed me neat colors when I told her my new ones were UGLY. hahahaha

I've always worn beige. I don't think I really knew there were other colors !!! What world have I been living in? :lol:

I was 23 when I got the GN Resound Canta 7 HA, a grey hearing aid. This would have been my first non-beige HA!

In my late 20's when the audiologist suggested that I have darker HA's due to my dark hair and thought it would blend it in better than beige. So I got dark brown/black HA's.

Now I have a CI and can have any colour scheme I Wanted on my CI. The main CI body is Dark Sienna and is acentuated with color caps of 16 different colours!

Talk about colour choice lol. :roll:

Actually I remember I was wrong. I was around 12 years when I got the 3G and it comes with different colour covers

Back