How much....

How much do you usually spend on a trip?

• 0$-100$

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 101$-200$

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 201$-500$

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • 501$-1000$

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • 1001$ and up

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
K

kuifje75

money do you spend on an average trip? How do you usually budget for your trips? Do you save money up for your trips? Or max out your credit cards? How do you spend money on your travels... budget-style or very luxurious?

that depends on how much i spend per month. mostly i travel to mtns for rock climbing and i only spend on gas and food. that is it.

sometimes i go camping in forests for free. sometimes i camp at campground - up to $15 per nite included shower. climbing is free ! but climbing gears are $$$$

i wud say 75 to 150 per month for traveling to other states for camping and climbing.

Usually, the biggest thing on my budget is the airplane ticket, if I am flying somewhere. To Europe, it usually costs 300 to 400$, then I usually stay with my friends over there. So I definitely save money by not going to hotels. When I need to, I usually go to youth hostels or campgrounds. I eat meals and so on. I could comfortably live off less than 50$ a day, unless I bought stuff like souvenirs and nice things to send back home. I would have to say I spend between 500$ to 1000$.

One time, I went to Europe for Spring Break with my ex, and it was like 380 roundtrip. Then we rent car for like 300 DM, plus petrol and so on. We stayed at some hotels, which was reasonable because both of us split the cost. That trip, we probably spent a bit more than 1000$. Filling up gas for car is very expensive...

I usually buy airplane tickets way in advance, and then it is over with and paid for. Then I try to budget as much as 1000$ and put a limit to myself for each day. I tend to be thrifty for spending money because I know that I can always buy things from internet or have them mail it to me. I stay away from luxurious accomodations because I don't see any reason to pamper myself in a nice hotel room, when I really want to just walk out in the cities and enjoy the atmosphere.

yes i agree with u Kuifje -- when i travel i tend to go camping when im with friends but ahh for big events going on -- staying at hotels usually occurs

i also crash at friends' places for a few days then carry on with my travels and try to limit my spending to no more than 50 bucks a day if at all possible

I tend to be budget-conscious when I am traveling. I love bargains and am known for finding good deals. I don't like to spend lavishly, even when I can. I like to spend on quality souvenirs for my loved ones and books for myself. For accommodations, location is a high priority, so I hunt harder for good deals. For meals, I prefer simple breakfasts and lunches, but dinners can be occasionally luxurious.

I started a vacation saving account at my bank, so my dreams would not be deferred anymore. It works!

:eek: seem like i'm only one i spend over $1,000 on a trip. yikes, hope i ain't ripped off. i normally spend more than $1,000 on any trip i go which includes, airfare, hotel, car rental, food, fun.

Well the most expensive trip i ever spend was $2,300 in mexico for dive trip for 14 days.
I normally save up my money then on vacation i use credit card then when i get home i pay off the credit card bill from the money i saved up. I don't believe in bringing cash with me to vacation :)

@ DeafSCUBA: I never bring cash either. I always bring my bankcard which also has the VISA logo on it. I'm able to withdraw money from an ATM in local currencies and not have to worry about exchange commissions, etc...

@ PaxThoreau: That is an excellent idea, starting a holiday savings account at the bank. I'll definitely look into it!

Back